Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:28:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 429110 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #900 on: October 16, 2009, 12:06:12 PM »

I'm not sure if anybody realises this, but if this version of Paradise City is anything like recent performances with B-Real and Fergie, then Fergie pretty much only does backing vocals in the chorus and is hardly audible anyway.

The Snakepit singers weren't bad singers.  But I couldn't stand them.  And the lyrics in the first record?  From what Slash has said - including in that book of his - most of them were written by him (he talked about how he didn't realise it until later, but all of those songs were "directed at one person"... which explains things like What Do You Want To Be)... seems to me Eric Dover was responsible for not much more than melodies in those tracks.
I'd much rather Fergie be more audible than B-Real, Sen Dog, or any member of Cypress Hill.  If Cypress is gonna do anything with Slash, Slash should rip it up on a version of "Insane In The Brain", leave the GNR alone.

Fair enough.  That was mostly aimed at those who don't seem to mind Cypress Hill but are acting like Fergie is somehow the antichrist.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #901 on: October 16, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »

the dude on the first snakepit album was horrible. those lyrics are ridiculously bad they  make fucking Ace Frehley look like Bob Dylan

Axl's tone of voice and Slash's guitar tone are a match made in Heaven.

both are very good without one another but no singer match's Slash's tone and Vice Versa.

Its like when Steven Tyler sang with Carlos Santana. Two of the greatest of all time but it just didn't match up
Thats so dam true its a one in a million kind of thing of thing but theres got to be someone out there that could come close to Axl's singing it would have to be  some unknown talent then

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #902 on: October 16, 2009, 12:53:21 PM »

Apart from the vocals, the most interesting thing obviously will be the guitars on PC. Will he change the solo? I've always thought that the PC solo was a bit short.
It will also be interesting to hear the outro and if he has added any new fills.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #903 on: October 16, 2009, 01:23:03 PM »

If he truly is re recording it, he should've tried to get Adam Lambert. That would've been interesting.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #904 on: October 16, 2009, 01:32:35 PM »

Check out this Sen Dog track. I like it a lot. It's got Johnny Richter from the Kottonmouth Kings in it 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WRRGd4e5G8

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #905 on: October 16, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »

If he truly is re recording it, he should've tried to get Adam Lambert. That would've been interesting.

I'm going to pretend you never wrote that.  hihi

I honestly don't think Adam Lambert has a good voice for rock and roll, especially hard rock.  It just doesn't have that edge to me.  A great voice, but better suited to pop rock and/or musical theater.

If he ever, ever touches GN'R, that will be a sad day for music.

Ali
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #906 on: October 16, 2009, 01:36:47 PM »

I honestly don't think Adam Lambert has a good voice for rock and roll, especially hard rock.  It just doesn't have that edge to me.  A great voice, but better suited to pop rock and/or musical theater.

Ali

I second that. Please keep Adam Lambert as far away from GNR songs as possible. Do you hear that Slash?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #907 on: October 16, 2009, 01:39:04 PM »

You're not helping this thread in any way. hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #908 on: October 16, 2009, 01:55:08 PM »

Slash is fucked cause he worked with the greatest possible singer ever. Axl's voice perfectly compliments Slash's guitar and vice versa. so any other singer with Slash just doesn't sound quite right.

lets not get carried away calling axl the greatest singer possibly ever ok

top 5 rock singers, maybe-
greatest singer of all-time, hardly
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #909 on: October 16, 2009, 01:56:38 PM »

Ali

I second that. Please keep Adam Lambert as far away from GNR songs as possible. Do you hear that Slash?

apparantly not as I saw somewhere they text each other somewhat regularly
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #910 on: October 16, 2009, 01:59:55 PM »

Ali

Just because Slash and Lambert have a friendly relationship, that doesn't mean necessarily that they are collaborating in the future on a GN'R cover.  At least I hope Smiley

Ali
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #911 on: October 16, 2009, 02:19:39 PM »

I'm one of the minority that actually enjoys listening to the Slash / Cypress Hill cover of PC.
Maybe not as groundbreaking as Aerosmith / Run DMC, but maybe it will put Slash's new album on the map!

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #912 on: October 16, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »

I'm one of the minority that actually enjoys listening to the Slash / Cypress Hill cover of PC.
Maybe not as groundbreaking as Aerosmith / Run DMC, but maybe it will put Slash's new album on the map!

MNW
MAYBE it will sound as a studio track, but that live performance from Kimmel years back was horrendous.  At least, to me it was.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #913 on: October 16, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »

I also don't understand the negativity towards that performance, I thought it fuckin rocked.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #914 on: October 16, 2009, 05:27:32 PM »

I also don't understand the negativity towards that performance, I thought it fuckin rocked.
To each his own.  Obviously there are gonna be people who like and dislike any performance.  That was one I dislike tremondously, therefore I am not looking forward to THIS track whatsoever.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who are though and I'm sure many will love it too.  I just won't be on that list.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #915 on: October 16, 2009, 09:17:30 PM »

To each his own.  Obviously there are gonna be people who like and dislike any performance.  That was one I dislike tremondously, therefore I am not looking forward to THIS track whatsoever.  I'm sure there are plenty of people who are though and I'm sure many will love it too.  I just won't be on that list.

Agreed, but it's better than Courtney Love/Hole's version. JC that sucked.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #916 on: October 17, 2009, 01:48:29 PM »

Ali

Just because Slash and Lambert have a friendly relationship, that doesn't mean necessarily that they are collaborating in the future on a GN'R cover.  At least I hope Smiley

Ali

maybe not re-recording a GnR song; but from what I read, definitily a song or more in the future. lambert said something to the effect of "it's not a matter of if, but when"- i think i saw it while he was on that idol tour.........

I read this reading a on-line article about slash's solo album on rollingstone .com and was reading thru the comments section..........while reading thru the comments section, a bunch of lambert fans took over the comments section saying how slash should play w lambert, and vice versa, and one of the fans posted a link to a twitter q&a session lambert hosted where one of the questions he responded to was whether he was ever gonna collaborate w/ slash
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #917 on: October 17, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »

Here is says two tracks...

Fergie Adds Sparkle to Avon's Celebrity Portfolio

Saturday, 17 October 2009

The songstress is also promoting her shoe line with Brown Shoe Co., which hit stores earlier in the year, and collaborating with former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash on two new tracks. "I'm working with Cypress Hill on one of the songs, and working with these people gives me a chance to explore another side of me, more rock 'n' roll," she said.

http://www.paltelegraph.com/panorama/health/2641-fergie-adds-sparkle-to-avons-celebrity-portfolio

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #918 on: October 17, 2009, 05:07:21 PM »

# I have 1 final song to record early next month for my solo record. This song is really cool & the singer is amazing. http://bit.ly/3aSWeP

about 3 hours ago from Facebook

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #919 on: October 18, 2009, 02:47:23 AM »

Ali

I'm guessing that the Lambert collaboration won't happen, and yes, I hope not on a GNR cover.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: