Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:32:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 429122 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #880 on: October 15, 2009, 02:15:16 PM »

Such names as Iggy Pop, Nick Oliveri, Ronnie Wood, Flea, Jason Bonham, Stacy Ferguson, and Maroon 5's singer Adam Levine are also attached to the upcoming album.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00027913.html

I don't remember this name being mentioned before, I wonder where they got it?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #881 on: October 15, 2009, 02:21:55 PM »

I remember the name being mentioned, if memory serves it was way in the beginning when Slash just started twittering about the recordings.
Mariana_Nannis
Banned
Opening Act

Claudio Paul, gracias por amarme.

« Reply #882 on: October 15, 2009, 03:16:36 PM »

That's right:

# Nick Oliveri put some heavy bass on a track last night, fuckin' brilliant!
#fb12:07 PM Aug 1st from txt
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #883 on: October 15, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »

Actually, I love hearing Slash PLAY the GN'R songs because I love hearing his lead guitar work.  But, playing them and re-recording them with a hip-hop twist or with a pop singer doing lead vocals is different.  Honestly, if it was a more faithful version, true to the spirit and energy of the original, I'd want to hear it.  That's why I was always curious to hear the new GN'R's take on Appetite.  They always play those songs with tremendous reverence and energy.

Ali

I actually prefer him redoing a song putting a twist on it with Fergie as opposed to some hard rock singer, here is why.  No rock singer he gets is going to be able to touch what Axl Rose did, that is a simple fact.  What is the point of redoing a rock verison of "Paradise City" with will certainly be inferior to the original?  Having Fergie put her twist on it is 100 times more interesting to me than just having having a shitty rock version of "Paradise City".  All those 80's has beens like Traci Guns and Kevin Dubrow have made countless "rock tributes" to GNR, so people can always buy one of those pieces of shit if they are in the mood for a rock remake of a GNR song. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:34:45 PM by Bodhi » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #884 on: October 15, 2009, 04:01:07 PM »

Thanks IzzyDutch and Mariana Nannis, he wasn't on the list, he is now.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #885 on: October 15, 2009, 06:23:26 PM »

Actually, I love hearing Slash PLAY the GN'R songs because I love hearing his lead guitar work.  But, playing them and re-recording them with a hip-hop twist or with a pop singer doing lead vocals is different.  Honestly, if it was a more faithful version, true to the spirit and energy of the original, I'd want to hear it.  That's why I was always curious to hear the new GN'R's take on Appetite.  They always play those songs with tremendous reverence and energy.

Ali

I actually prefer him redoing a song putting a twist on it with Fergie as opposed to some hard rock singer, here is why.  No rock singer he gets is going to be able to touch what Axl Rose did, that is a simple fact.  What is the point of redoing a rock verison of "Paradise City" with will certainly be inferior to the original?  Having Fergie put her twist on it is 100 times more interesting to me than just having having a shitty rock version of "Paradise City".  All those 80's has beens like Traci Guns and Kevin Dubrow have made countless "rock tributes" to GNR, so people can always buy one of those pieces of shit if they are in the mood for a rock remake of a GNR song. 
Kevin is dead.

N yeah Traci guns defines embarrassing 80s has been to me

html sucks
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #886 on: October 15, 2009, 08:43:25 PM »

Ali

No shit no rock singer is going to touch what Axl did vocally.  But, doing a hip hop or pop version of it is to me not honoring the spirit of the original recording.  That's why I hated Sheryl Crow's cover of SCOM.  I liked doing it acoustically, but not the context in which it was used for the movie, which made it seem like it was about a child in the literal sense.  I think if he got someone like Chester Bennington, it actually could be pulled off in a way that is both original and respectful of the original recording.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #887 on: October 15, 2009, 08:51:25 PM »

Slash is fucked cause he worked with the greatest possible singer ever. Axl's voice perfectly compliments Slash's guitar and vice versa. so any other singer with Slash just doesn't sound quite right.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mariana_Nannis
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #888 on: October 15, 2009, 10:13:15 PM »

What you have just said does not make any sense.

Slash + Eric Dover sounded great
Slash + Rod Jackson sounded even better

If you don't like Snakepit, that's another issue. That "combinations" sounded really well.

In a few months, Slash will release an album, including more than 10 different singers...are you trying to say that none of those songs will sound good, just only because Slash has previously worked with Axl "god of the gods" Rose?

Slash & Axl are my favourite duo, however, I understand that Axl Rose can sound good with other great guitar players as well as Slash can sound fantastic with many of the outstanding singers available.

EDIT: Oh, when you talk about the greatest possible singer ever, you should mention the name Freddie Mercury, not Axl Rose.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:15:14 PM by Mariana_Nannis » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #889 on: October 15, 2009, 10:30:02 PM »

Snakepit singers sucked balls. come on now

Mariana_Nannis
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #890 on: October 15, 2009, 10:35:17 PM »

01 - They didn't.
02 - If they did, it has nothing to do with "Slash cannot sound good with anybody, but Axl Rose"
03 - I told you before, a Slash's album featuring A LOT of different singers will be released in a few months. You're risking too much with such type of comments.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #891 on: October 15, 2009, 10:55:18 PM »

the singer on the second record was good
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #892 on: October 15, 2009, 10:56:55 PM »

Kevin is dead.

N yeah Traci guns defines embarrassing 80s has been to me
[/quote]

yeah i know Kevin is dead, but before he died he was on a few GNR compilation albums that blew..
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #893 on: October 15, 2009, 11:06:17 PM »

What about Alice Cooper, Ozzy, etc.  Are they not idols?   

Hence why I didn't list them in the same breath as Pussycat Dolls or Fergie.

How do you mean by "glory days"?   Remember, contraband debuted at number ONE and was very successful.
It would seem like he has achieved a lot since Guns.

Yet here he is covering GN'R and not one from the glory days of VR...  Tongue

/jarmo

Jarmo,

They are his songs too. He should be allowed to play them. Its not hanging on to your glory days. He's partly responsible for creating those classics. Shouldnt he have the right to play them? By your logic Chris Cornell shouldnt be allowed to play any Soundgarden songs either?

Ali
Ali I agree with you on this if Slash keept it true then I am all for it as long as the singer isnt as bad as the one from Adlers Appitite he almost killed Rock for me  hihi

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #894 on: October 16, 2009, 12:30:56 AM »

Not true. Even remotely.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #895 on: October 16, 2009, 12:45:12 AM »

the dude on the first snakepit album was horrible. those lyrics are ridiculously bad they  make fucking Ace Frehley look like Bob Dylan

Axl's tone of voice and Slash's guitar tone are a match made in Heaven.

both are very good without one another but no singer match's Slash's tone and Vice Versa.

Its like when Steven Tyler sang with Carlos Santana. Two of the greatest of all time but it just didn't match up

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #896 on: October 16, 2009, 01:39:23 AM »

I'm surprised he didn't do something with Lenny Kravitz. Would have been better than Nicole Whats-Her-Name and Fergie.

Fuck 'Em All.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #897 on: October 16, 2009, 07:20:29 AM »

I'm not sure if anybody realises this, but if this version of Paradise City is anything like recent performances with B-Real and Fergie, then Fergie pretty much only does backing vocals in the chorus and is hardly audible anyway.

The Snakepit singers weren't bad singers.  But I couldn't stand them.  And the lyrics in the first record?  From what Slash has said - including in that book of his - most of them were written by him (he talked about how he didn't realise it until later, but all of those songs were "directed at one person"... which explains things like What Do You Want To Be)... seems to me Eric Dover was responsible for not much more than melodies in those tracks.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #898 on: October 16, 2009, 08:02:48 AM »

I'm not sure if anybody realises this, but if this version of Paradise City is anything like recent performances with B-Real and Fergie, then Fergie pretty much only does backing vocals in the chorus and is hardly audible anyway.

The Snakepit singers weren't bad singers.  But I couldn't stand them.  And the lyrics in the first record?  From what Slash has said - including in that book of his - most of them were written by him (he talked about how he didn't realise it until later, but all of those songs were "directed at one person"... which explains things like What Do You Want To Be)... seems to me Eric Dover was responsible for not much more than melodies in those tracks.

Both singers had some pretty good moments from Snakepit.  Rod Jackson had a set of pipes on him.  I thought Dover was cool as hell.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #899 on: October 16, 2009, 09:14:47 AM »

I'd much rather Fergie be more audible than B-Real, Sen Dog, or any member of Cypress Hill.  If Cypress is gonna do anything with Slash, Slash should rip it up on a version of "Insane In The Brain", leave the GNR alone.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: