Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:31:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 429261 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #840 on: October 14, 2009, 11:38:13 AM »

Im sure something will be released over here with someone we know.
Although the singles will probably with more mainstream people so the thing can sell.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #841 on: October 14, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »

i think my problem was that i was expecting a rock album.. and wasn't really expecting a rap cover.. that being said.. i think its better to have a rapper and pop star cover the song rather than a rock singer.  You could have any rock singer living or dead cover this and its not going to be as good as teh 1987 version.  This will be a completely new version of the song.. i'm not saying its my cup of tea.. ect.. but i appreciate it when cover's are done so they don't try to sound exactly like the original.  Who knows.. it could just be something they were jamming on while recording the album.. and decided to throw it in as a bside.    I'm still looking forward to the album.. and glad to see the ball is rolling and a single is being released.. i wish it was a single with a singer i have heard of before.. but none the less.. its good to see things are progressing

so what exactly do you consider ozzy, andrew stockdale, m shadows, chris cornell and the others that are on this? i think people are grabbing on too much to the fact their are 2 pop artists and a rapper on the record, when there are gonna be 18 tracks from what we've been hearing....if there was only 4 songs, i can see where people may be concerned; but 2-3 out of 18? it's called a little diversity people
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #842 on: October 14, 2009, 12:02:42 PM »

i think my problem was that i was expecting a rock album..

You don't expect there to be some kind of "cross over" stuff on it? Pop, Latin music, hip hop or whatever...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #843 on: October 14, 2009, 12:20:10 PM »

i think my problem was that i was expecting a rock album..

You don't expect there to be some kind of "cross over" stuff on it? Pop, Latin music, hip hop or whatever...

/jarmo

What happened to open mind on music?

I love how the same people claim that if it where "1989" Slash wouldn't be doing this, but yet we are also encouraged to believe that other people from "1989" change and and change is good. It's pathetic , who cares what Slash was LIKE he enjoys making music with other artists. Hell Jimmy Page played with Puff Daddy. PUFF DADDY.  I haven't dismissed the PC cover just yet it could be horrible it could be great , I have to wait and see. I'm glad I'll be hearing Slash play PC the way it was intended, in guitar terms at least.

How many covers of their own songs you mean with somebody else singing?

If this was 1989. Do you think Slash would've recorded a cover of Paradise City with Debbie Gibson and the Fresh Prince?

Just a FYI to the morons who think I'm comparing Fergie to Debbie Gibson, she was a popular pop singer at the time. Just like Fergie is today.

/jarmo

I personally like to think about 2009, not 1989  ok

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:25:42 PM by WTTJ_91 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #844 on: October 14, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »

What happened to open mind on music?

Don't ask me. I'm not the one who listens to VR!  I'm too open minded to listen to something that bland!  Tongue

I love how the same people claim that if it where "1989" Slash wouldn't be doing this, but yet we are also encouraged to believe that other people from "1989" change and and change is good. It's pathetic , who cares what Slash was LIKE he enjoys making music with other artists. Hell Jimmy Page played with Puff Daddy. PUFF DADDY.  I haven't dismissed the PC cover just yet it could be horrible it could be great , I have to wait and see. I'm glad I'll be hearing Slash play PC the way it was intended, in guitar terms at least.

Didn't Slash play with Puffy too?

I personally like to think about 2009, not 1989  ok

Good for you.

When you go from recording with icons such as Iggy Pop and Michael Jackson to somebody from the Pussycat Dolls....

Don't be surprised if people react!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #845 on: October 14, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »

VR will be straight up rock. This will have a little bit of everything.  I am looking forward to the instrumentals just as much. Maybe there will be a jazz type song on the cd as well. I can't wait to hear slash rip on PC.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #846 on: October 14, 2009, 03:08:00 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne
Fergie
Ronnie Wood
Patrick Keeler
Kid Rock
M. Shadows
Josh Freese
Chris Chaney
Sen Dog
Andrew Stockdale
Travis Barker
Jason Bonham
Steven Adler
Izzy Stradlin
Flea
Lemmy
Iggy Pop
Chris Cornell
Alice Cooper
Dave Grohl
Duff McKagan
Adam Levine
Unknown Brilliant Female Vocalist
Teddy 'Zig Zag' Andreadis
Meatloaf
Nicole Scherzinger (Pussycat Dolls)
Nick Oliveri

So is that 14 singers?  I'm guessing Courtney Love and possibly Chester Bennington also?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 04:02:06 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #847 on: October 14, 2009, 05:33:36 PM »

everyone calm down.. i'm looking forward to the album very much.. and like i have said before.. the songs with pop artist will be good for the album sales ect.. and hopefully expose more people ect.. I'm not very fired up for a rap version of PC.. but thats just me.    of all the artist on the album.. sen dog's track was the one i was least looking forward.. hopefully this is the only one.
+Rocker+
I want to hea... have Slash's baby
Rocker

« Reply #848 on: October 14, 2009, 09:55:15 PM »

It's kind of curious that the most histerycal reactions about this PC version comes from Axl Rose fans. Maybe they don't know the last track in Use Your Illusion II.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 10:38:12 PM by +Rocker+ » Logged

I love you Axl, but I'm also one of "those" Slash supporters haha...
www.rockinslashforum.com
Soon: www.rockin-slash.com
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #849 on: October 14, 2009, 10:28:48 PM »

Who was it that recorded a song with Shaquel O'Neal???  I can't remember....
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #850 on: October 14, 2009, 10:30:32 PM »

I don't know of any Shaquel O'Neal, nor do I think that this Shaquel O'Neal character has any material that has been recorded and sold under the Guns N' Roses name.

Quick, someone flip through the Chinese Democracy booklet and see if a Shaquel O'Neal is credited with writing or performing on one of the 14 songs.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #851 on: October 14, 2009, 10:46:19 PM »

I don't know of any Shaquel O'Neal, nor do I think that this Shaquel O'Neal character has any material that has been recorded and sold under the Guns N' Roses name.

Quick, someone flip through the Chinese Democracy booklet and see if a Shaquel O'Neal is credited with writing or performing on one of the 14 songs.

You are correct, but he did lay down some lines with GNR back in 1999.  This is fact.  Shaq and Axl... 
Mariana_Nannis
Banned
Opening Act

Claudio Paul, gracias por amarme.

« Reply #852 on: October 14, 2009, 11:45:30 PM »

It would be great to criticize Slash, AFTER listening the track.

What if Paradise City sounds cool? What if the whole album is awesome?

Don't be so anxious. 15 years of waiting should have trained you to be more patient...

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 11:49:14 PM by Mariana_Nannis » Logged
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #853 on: October 15, 2009, 12:26:46 AM »

Don't be so anxious. 15 years of waiting should have trained you to be more patient...

I've heard Paradise City with Slash and Cypress Hill and it's the furthest thing from cool.  As for the rest of the album, you're right.  It could indeed be cool, and I'll reserve judgement till I hear it.  But I've just got a feeling about the B-side NOT being cool at all.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #854 on: October 15, 2009, 01:49:12 AM »

It's kind of curious that the most histerycal reactions about this PC version comes from Axl Rose fans. Maybe they don't know the last track in Use Your Illusion II.
slash fans unite!   the only way to defend your super cool hero is to diss Axl.   

And funny, I dont recall anything with Shaq being released.   

And My World is fucking awesome.   

And even if that weren't true, it does nothing to change how LAME your hero has become.  What else do you guys have?   

Its annoying.   Its the principle.  And I've heard the live version and I honestly don't care to hear the song performed by anyone other than Guns N' Roses.   This is just a lame attempt for this guy to hang on to his glory days and I see it as a slap in the face to the band.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #855 on: October 15, 2009, 02:32:53 AM »

That I believe was Shaq just jamming with GN'R because he happened to be in the studio that day. Nothing was recorded if I recall.

And My World is fucking awesome.

In the same way that Ebola is a fucking awesome disease? Yeah, I agree.

Its annoying.   Its the principle.  And I've heard the live version and I honestly don't care to hear the song performed by anyone other than Guns N' Roses.   This is just a lame attempt for this guy to hang on to his glory days and I see it as a slap in the face to the band.

The fact of the matter is, we can enjoy music by any GN'R member, past or current while you probably only have CD on repeat on your iPod.
Sad. If you don't want to listen to it, that's your choice. Nobody else is concerned with any pretence 'principles' you might have.

Fuck 'Em All.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #856 on: October 15, 2009, 03:10:49 AM »

You are correct, but he did lay down some lines with GNR back in 1999.  This is fact.  Shaq and Axl... 

No it's not, because it was earlier than 1999.  I'm thinking 1996 or 1997.  I get nerdy about these things.

For the life of me, I still can't figure out who this Shaquel guy is.  Related to Raquel Welch maybe?

Damn she was a fine piece of ass.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #857 on: October 15, 2009, 03:38:26 AM »

Don't ask me. I'm not the one who listens to VR!  I'm too open minded to listen to something that bland!

What a boring insult.  I doubt its offended anyone  ok

Good for you.

When you go from recording with icons such as Iggy Pop and Michael Jackson to somebody from the Pussycat Dolls....

Don't be surprised if people react!

What about Alice Cooper, Ozzy, etc.  Are they not idols?   
Why do you seem to have such an interest in a guitar player that you don't even like?

Mr Rose was once the biggest rockstar on the planet, how's he doing now?
Don't be surprised if people react.  ok

Its annoying.   Its the principle.  And I've heard the live version and I honestly don't care to hear the song performed by anyone other than Guns N' Roses.   This is just a lame attempt for this guy to hang on to his glory days and I see it as a slap in the face to the band

So why you still here?  Go discuss the Asia tour.

How do you mean by "glory days"?   Remember, contraband debuted at number ONE and was very successful.
It would seem like he has achieved a lot since Guns.

PS:  ITS A JAPANESE B SIDE!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #858 on: October 15, 2009, 05:14:10 AM »

Jeez... is this argument still going on?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #859 on: October 15, 2009, 06:52:25 AM »

That is fiction. This is fact.
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=24979.msg450048#msg450048

There are rumors that Shaq- Shaquille O'Neal rapped on the album at Axl's request.

Dizzy: I don't know if anything's happened since... but I jammed with Shaq.  At one point I was down at this rehearsal... this rehearsal place in Santa Monica writing songs with Paul [Tobias].  And my friend Syd was playing drums- just drumming for us.  We were basically just writing and recording stuff- writing and recording constantly, just basically waiting for everyone else to basically show up. And there are these satellite recording studios around that soundstage and they do a lot of commercials and back when Shaq was still with the Orlando Magic- he was doing a Taco Bell commercial next door so he heard that we were next door so he wanted to come say hi... but there like the only one there is Dizzy so he says 'well, I'll say hi to Dizzy' so the door opens and this gigantic man comes in and I'm like 'who the hell's that?' and he's like 'hey dizzy!' and he's getting closer and closer and bigger and bigger- I realize its fuckin' Shaquille O'Neal. Holy shit.  So.. we talked for a little bit and then he asked me to play my keyboard and I said 'sure' and he sat down and disintegrated my stool... smashed it into little pieces [everyone laughs]... granted shaking Shaq's hand is like shaking a frying pan [I ask what that means] ... well.. I mean its so big [Dizzy shows how difficult it would be to shake a frying pan] Anyway, so he breaks my stool into little pieces and he looks at me and goes 'man, I broke Guns N' Roses' stool.' And I say 'yea, we'll send you a bill for that later' and he doesn't say anything and so I'm like "just kidding..." And so we got him another stool and he sits down and starts playing this... polysynth [?] sound... this riff on my keyboards... and it was really cool.  And so... I look over at the drummer and motion for him to.. you know... get a hiphop beat going... and Syd goes into this groove... and Shaq started vibin' on it and Paul started playing guitar... and Shaq looks over at me... and like this magic thing happened- he says 'take over' and so I watch what he's playing and I sat down and started playing it. And he got this groove- this vibe going and he and his buddies grabbed the mic and started doing this rap.  And our engineer Tommy was rolling tape the entire time... so... and I mean it was really cool... I mean the time he was just joking around and they started dancing and they danced their way out of the studio and we kept playing the beat 'cause it was cool and they came back in, sort of like an encore, and did some more stuff. like Shaq started doing the worm- I mean if you've ever seen a 7 foot... 300 pound guy do the worm... its the most amazing thing.  And they bailed.  It was the most amazing thing. And I mean I don't know if anything's happened since then but that's probably where that story comes from.
so, it wasn't in 99 and it wasn't with axl, more like 95 with syd  smoking

let's move on topic shall we
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: