Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:16:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 429373 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #740 on: October 10, 2009, 04:39:49 PM »

So Duff no longer owns So Fine or Its So Easy?

Has he re-recorded them to promote his new Duff & Friends solo album?

I wish some of you were this open minded regarding GN'R.  ok

/jarmo

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Stubblefoot has no right to play Out Ta Get Me, SLASHHHHHHHHHH wrote that songggggg!!!!!!!  NOOOO!!111111uno!

re-releasing a more than 20 year old song from his previous band with rap and pop artists??  i have no more words for that.  its pretty sad.

Not any more sadder than re-recording a classic album in it's entirety with completely new artists. It's all about perspective I think.

(Although I would love to hear that)

Axl did not release that re-recording, did he now?  I don't think he would ever release it, it was to gauge how the new guys were playing the old material.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #741 on: October 10, 2009, 05:01:44 PM »

I don't know how that works to be honest. U really think Axl gave Sheryl Crow and Taking By Trees or whatever the fuck their names are permission to rape SCOM?

I'd also like to see proof with the Black Hawk Down thing

I always remember that Axl denied the movie the song which was part of Slash and Duff's lawsuit years ago about Axl nixing deals without consulting them.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #742 on: October 10, 2009, 05:49:33 PM »

Well, maybe it'll appeal to those people who send Jay-Shit and Kanye Crap to the top of the charts. hihi

That was the worst, most un-original insult to those to rappers ever, if your going to do that at least make something clever Jay-Shit, is nothing like Jay-Z and Kanye Crap is nothing like Kanye West, its not even funny or clever.

And about the paradise city, I think everyone here is blowing this whole thing way out of proportion, its a friggin song, its not like hes re-writting the bible with someone else replacing Jesus as the main character, its a piece of music, people redo other pieces of music all the time, some one may change a mozart piece or a Coltrane song into another key or mess with the arrangment and people don't go up in arms screaming sacralige, Clapton redid Layla acousticly with out Duane allman playing the slide part and many people loved it. Its just a piece of music and by re-recording it and having fun with it i don't think Slash is infringing on anybodies constitutional rights so just calm down.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #743 on: October 10, 2009, 05:51:11 PM »

And for the record, I am not exicted about Fergie and Cypress Hill doing this song, but i'm not going to scream sacralige and judge it until i hear it. oh and I'm pretty sure if he did Paradise City with say umm... Steven Tyler everyone here would be creaming their jeans over it.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #744 on: October 10, 2009, 06:49:28 PM »

I don't know how that works to be honest. U really think Axl gave Sheryl Crow and Taking By Trees or whatever the fuck their names are permission to rape SCOM?

I'd also like to see proof with the Black Hawk Down thing

I always remember that Axl denied the movie the song which was part of Slash and Duff's lawsuit years ago about Axl nixing deals without consulting them.

Slash denied use of a re-recorded version of WTTJ by the new band.  To include that version in Black Hawk Down was Tom Zutuat's idea.  Axl denied use of the original version of WTTJ in the film.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #745 on: October 10, 2009, 06:57:57 PM »

so that is hardly what was said in the post above. Can u blame Slash for not wanting a re recorded version of that on a movie soundtrack?

I can't

This is nowhere near the same thing. Now, if Slash included this on a movie soundtrack, then thats a different story.

Its a b side in Japan. who cares, it is no worse than Axl putting the new SCOM on the Big Daddy soundtrack.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #746 on: October 10, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »

so that is hardly what was said in the post above. Can u blame Slash for not wanting a re recorded version of that on a movie soundtrack?

I can't

This is nowhere near the same thing. Now, if Slash included this on a movie soundtrack, then thats a different story.

Its a b side in Japan. who cares, it is no worse than Axl putting the new SCOM on the Big Daddy soundtrack.

First, the "new" SCOM was not entirely new.  It was only the newly recorded version during the main guitar solo and on.  Second, it was not on the soundtrack, it was just in the movie.

Third, how is that not the same thing?  You have one original member of the band re-recording a GN'R classic with other musicians.  It is EXACTLY the same thing.

You said Slash can do whatever he wants given that he co-wrote the song.  History tells us that is false because Axl was denied placement of a newly recorded version of WTTJ in a movie.

I don't care what Slash does with "Paradise City", though if it is some version with Fergie and/or Cypress Hill, I have no doubt it will be horrible.  My point was that I fully expect Axl to deny Slash use of the song on his album based on contentiousness between the two.

Ali
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #747 on: October 10, 2009, 07:23:54 PM »

Very excited for Slashs new solo album, looks like its gonna be pretty cool

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #748 on: October 10, 2009, 11:00:32 PM »

Very excited for Slashs new solo album, looks like its gonna be pretty cool

Me too, thanks for getting the conversation back on track. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #749 on: October 10, 2009, 11:47:39 PM »

re-releasing a more than 20 year old song from his previous band with rap and pop artists??  i have no more words for that.  its pretty sad.

Not any more sadder than re-recording a classic album in it's entirety with completely new artists. It's all about perspective I think.

(Although I would love to hear that)

Axl did not release that re-recording, did he now?  I don't think he would ever release it, it was to gauge how the new guys were playing the old material.

No, you misunderstood. I would quite like to hear it. Even if some people would say it's inappropriate.

Fuck 'Em All.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #750 on: October 11, 2009, 12:11:04 AM »

I'd like to hear the re-recorded AFD too, but let's keep this discussion about Slash's solo album.

I'm really looking forward to this first single, and I wonder if it will have English lyrics or sung in Japanese.
All the youtube stuff I've seen of the guy is in Japanese.

I guess I'm not too fussed as long as Slash's playing is great.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #751 on: October 11, 2009, 12:51:05 AM »

I'm really looking forward to this first single, and I wonder if it will have English lyrics or sung in Japanese.
All the youtube stuff I've seen of the guy is in Japanese.

I guess I'm not too fussed as long as Slash's playing is great.

I think it would be in English, since it's on his album. Unless they re-recorded the track for the Japanese market, which seems unlikely.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #752 on: October 11, 2009, 01:47:21 AM »

Its just an entirely different animal.  I'd say with the Slash,Duff,Axl partnership, they'd need a unanimous vote to allow a song in a movie or commercial etc

so that is why the blackhawk down didn't work. But as u already know, multiple movies since have featured GNR songs, so they obviously came to some understanding.

If Axl wanted to re release Welcome to the Jungle tomorrow with the new band playing on it, nothing would stop him from doing so.

I remember when the Foo Fighters covered Prince's Darlin Nikki and he was PISSED but there was nothing he could do about it.

Also once again, this is a B Side in fucking Japan. I could see the bitching if he were releasing this as his first single etc.

suicide
VIP

« Reply #753 on: October 11, 2009, 02:22:48 AM »

Slash denied use of a re-recorded version of WTTJ by the new band.  To include that version in Black Hawk Down was Tom Zutuat's idea.

Do you have any legal documents to prove this is true? And if so, it might not be because of the re-recorded version. As we all know a lot of GN'R-classics were denied to use in movies before but not by Slash, Duff, Izzy or Steven.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #754 on: October 11, 2009, 05:58:36 AM »

Gnr really wanted to use wttj rerecordede in black hawk down.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #755 on: October 11, 2009, 09:59:04 AM »

Does anyone know if he has a label for this thing? If he is marketing to the Japanese market differently, it would seem there is a label directing this.

On the single it says Universal.  And I wonder why he is releasing these 2 songs in Japan 3 months earlier?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #756 on: October 11, 2009, 10:31:57 AM »

And I wonder why he is releasing these 2 songs in Japan 3 months earlier?

To garner some interest in the album I suppose. Japan has always been a big market for GN'R and since the vocalist is Japanese...
I think there's a possibility that there might be one more release before the album actually comes out.

Fuck 'Em All.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #757 on: October 11, 2009, 01:23:38 PM »

On the single it says Universal.  And I wonder why he is releasing these 2 songs in Japan 3 months earlier?

and just a month before GN'R is allegedly hitting Asia hihi
Ali
Legend

« Reply #758 on: October 11, 2009, 02:28:42 PM »

Slash denied use of a re-recorded version of WTTJ by the new band.  To include that version in Black Hawk Down was Tom Zutuat's idea.

Do you have any legal documents to prove this is true? And if so, it might not be because of the re-recorded version. As we all know a lot of GN'R-classics were denied to use in movies before but not by Slash, Duff, Izzy or Steven.

Legal documents?  Are you serious?  Unless you have access to court records, that would be nearly impossible to obtain.

Read this:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=430

Then read the March 2008 issue of Classic Rock for further proof of the intention to include the re-recorded version of WTTJ in the film, Black Hawk Down.

Ali
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #759 on: October 11, 2009, 02:29:04 PM »

i hate the idea of a rapper singing PC as much as hated seeing some buffone with a KFC bucket on his head speed pluck his way through PC..    both served a purpose though..  i got to see axl perform live since i was too young to see the orginal band.. and this could be something that appeals to the pop crowd to give the album a boost in sales.  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: