Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:18:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 429386 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #720 on: October 10, 2009, 10:27:35 AM »

VR (pre-Scott) & Cypress Hill - Paradise City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpG7mj3B0nA

The performance of the song is pretty damn good here. I'm not much of a fan of the rapping, but I'm guessing this is what it might sound like.

Well, maybe it'll appeal to those people who send Jay-Shit and Kanye Crap to the top of the charts. hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #721 on: October 10, 2009, 10:28:19 AM »

that was a cool performance with the crowd and everything, but I think you would lose all that with a recording-btw, I think the guy from Cypress Hill at the time was considered for lead for VR

libertad
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #722 on: October 10, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »

I look forward to hearing his new outro solo cause of all of Slash's GNR 's solos, his outro on that song is probably him at his very best and very rarely could he pull it off live or even attempt it.  Actually with camp fready the played it pretty much dead on a few years ago... He is going to have to outdo himself on that outro solo, not sure its possible.  Its the closest Slash ever came to be a shredder...  Paradise City is probably my all time favorite GNR songs, I hope they do it justice, it is a semi ballsy move, but sounds fun..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #723 on: October 10, 2009, 11:16:40 AM »

that kicks fucking ASS

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #724 on: October 10, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »

Aerosmith re-working their own song with Run DMC is different. Aerosmith is Aerosmith...

Why can't you see the difference?

This has nothing to do with GN'R except that the song is a GN'R classic.

GN'R has no involvement with the cover.

To quote Slash "I'm not in that band anymore".

Everybody has the right to cover songs. It's a question of moral and taste.

I wish he had chosen something classic from his own repertoire, such as Be The Ball, instead....

/jarmo

So Duff no longer owns So Fine or Its So Easy?

There is a difference in a band name and who WROTE the songs.

When u write a song, u own that song forever. so just because it is a GNR song, it is still a Slash,Duff,Axl,Izzy,Steven song which gives Slash just as much right to play it as Axl and to do whatever he wants to it.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #725 on: October 10, 2009, 11:41:07 AM »

So Duff no longer owns So Fine or Its So Easy?

Has he re-recorded them to promote his new Duff & Friends solo album?

I wish some of you were this open minded regarding GN'R.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #726 on: October 10, 2009, 12:03:05 PM »

Aerosmith re-recorded a classic of theirs with Run D.M.C and that's what brought them back to popularity. Maybe GN'R needs a similar kick in the boot...

I'm all for that.  But this isn't what that is.

How can you be so sure? You haven't even heard it yet. Even if it doesn't appeal to the more hard-core of GN'R's fans, if it sells well, it just might do that.

I have a feeling it might become popular simply because of the number of names appearing on the album.

Time will tell.

is it Guns N' Roses?  No, its not.   And I've seen the performance of this song with cypress hill and its horrible.   

If Guns N' Roses wants to remix/re-release some of the old stuff, that would be interesting.   This is a disgrace IMO.

All say it again, more than anything, this indicates the weakness of the original material so he's using a classic song to promote the album. 
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #727 on: October 10, 2009, 12:04:42 PM »

Aerosmith re-recorded a classic of theirs with Run D.M.C and that's what brought them back to popularity. Maybe GN'R needs a similar kick in the boot...

I'm all for that.  But this isn't what that is.

How can you be so sure? You haven't even heard it yet. Even if it doesn't appeal to the more hard-core of GN'R's fans, if it sells well, it just might do that.

I have a feeling it might become popular simply because of the number of names appearing on the album.

Time will tell.

is it Guns N' Roses?  No, its not.   And I've seen the performance of this song with cypress hill and its horrible.  

If Guns N' Roses wants to remix/re-release some of the old stuff, that would be interesting.   This is a disgrace IMO.

Your opinion is always one sided and it always will be.

Fuck 'Em All.
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #728 on: October 10, 2009, 12:10:31 PM »

The thing is few, if any, will buy the single for the b side. The target is B'z fans.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #729 on: October 10, 2009, 12:11:40 PM »

All say it again, more than anything, this indicates the weakness of the original material so he's using a classic song to promote the album. 

Man, you are going to look like such a knob if it outsells Chinese Democracy. hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #730 on: October 10, 2009, 12:17:46 PM »

Your opinion is always one sided and it always will be.
how so?   If I like a VR song, I'll say so. 

Man, you are going to look like such a knob if it outsells Chinese Democracy. hihi

i dont think we have to worry about that happening.   Besides, albums don't sell like they used to and the ones that do its more because of the marketing than the music.   I'll give it to $lash, he's a gimmick, but thats about all he is.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #731 on: October 10, 2009, 12:21:50 PM »

I support Axl using the GNR name and I have said countless times how I now even lean more towards Axl's side of the breakup but the facts remain that Slash cowrote all those songs. Just because u are no longer in that band, doesn't somehow strip u of ownership of music u helped create.

I mean shit, it isn't like he is raping November Rain or Estranged with Fergie on vocals. Those I would be the first in line to demand his head.

Paradise City is such a worn out song though and they have  let several cover SCOM, WTTJ is so commercialized now... those 3 songs, I don't care much about who does what with them.

But others, I'd have a HUGE problem with.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #732 on: October 10, 2009, 12:23:54 PM »

Besides, albums don't sell like they used to and the ones that do its more because of the marketing than the music.

Marketing is about just as important as the music is. Apparently an idea some people have to learn.

Otherwise, if all artists were such purists, they would just release the music for free wouldn't they?

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #733 on: October 10, 2009, 12:27:58 PM »

Besides, albums don't sell like they used to and the ones that do its more because of the marketing than the music.

Marketing is about just as important as the music is. Apparently an idea some people have to learn.

Otherwise, if all artists were such purists, they would just release the music for free wouldn't they?

I support all my fav bands by buying their albums.   We all gotta eat.

I'm just saying high sales does not necessarily translate to better music.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #734 on: October 10, 2009, 12:33:31 PM »

I support all my fav bands by buying their albums.   We all gotta eat.

I'm just saying high sales does not necessarily translate to better music.

Sure. Then again, 'better music' is just an opinion. All I'm saying is I'm open to seeing if the album is any good, while you have made up your mind already.

Fuck 'Em All.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #735 on: October 10, 2009, 12:43:09 PM »

no, my mind isn't fully made up.

but i do know that nothing this guy has done in the past has really appealed to me  (outside of Guns).  Theres a few decent VR songs, the snakepit albums are horrible, and he's done some embarassing shit.   Can you blame me for this not being my most anticipated album of the year?

re-releasing a more than 20 year old song from his previous band with rap and pop artists??  i have no more words for that.  its pretty sad.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #736 on: October 10, 2009, 12:55:08 PM »

re-releasing a more than 20 year old song from his previous band with rap and pop artists??  i have no more words for that.  its pretty sad.

Not any more sadder than re-recording a classic album in it's entirety with completely new artists. It's all about perspective I think.

(Although I would love to hear that)

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #737 on: October 10, 2009, 01:44:49 PM »

no, my mind isn't fully made up.

but i do know that nothing this guy has done in the past has really appealed to me  (outside of Guns).  Theres a few decent VR songs, the snakepit albums are horrible, and he's done some embarassing shit.   Can you blame me for this not being my most anticipated album of the year?

Dude, it isn't like he is releasing it as a single and doing a video.

Its a B Side in Fuckin Japan for Christ's sake.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #738 on: October 10, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »

# Mixing song #7, sounds great. My solo album still scheduled for Feb/March release.

about 19 hours ago from Facebook

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #739 on: October 10, 2009, 04:35:58 PM »

Jim Bob, just because he doesn't belong to GNR anymore doesn't change the fact he co-wrote the song, so he can do with it whatever he wants as long as Axl and Duff get their royalties from whatever it sells.

Yes, he co-wrote the song.  But, no, he does not have the right to do whatever he wants because of that.  If that were true, then why was Slash able to shoot down the re-recorded version of "Welcome to the Jungle" that was going to appear in the film, Black Hawk Down?  Because Slash as a co-writer had to give his consent.  He did not, so that re-recorded version by the new band never saw the light of day.

Slash will need the old band's consent to put out this re-recorded version of "Paradise City", too.  I highly doubt Axl will give his consent.  Why should he? 

One good turn deserves another.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: