Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:21:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 429441 times)
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #700 on: October 09, 2009, 09:23:47 PM »

why the fuck is he releasing paradise city with cypress hill?

what a disgrace.

GnR fans should boycott this album.

yes why bother replaying original material with an completely different cast of musicians.....

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #701 on: October 09, 2009, 09:24:51 PM »

what a disgrace.

GnR fans should boycott this album.

yes why bother replaying original material with an completely different cast of musicians.....

What do u think he is trying to say there anyway...................

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #702 on: October 09, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »

I predict a lawsuit is about to come out of this.   Theres no way this should be allowed to happen.  Angry
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #703 on: October 09, 2009, 10:28:47 PM »

There are one gazillion covers of paradise city out there.  Hell, I bough a complete album of techno GNR covers...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #704 on: October 09, 2009, 10:37:22 PM »

There are one gazillion covers of paradise city out there.  Hell, I bough a complete album of techno GNR covers...

Ok fine.  But why is he putting out GnR songs?  He left the band so many years ago.  I think that says more about the material he's currently working on than anything.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #705 on: October 09, 2009, 10:44:01 PM »

Jim Bob, just because he doesn't belong to GNR anymore doesn't change the fact he co-wrote the song, so he can do with it whatever he wants as long as Axl and Duff get their royalties from whatever it sells.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #706 on: October 10, 2009, 12:31:43 AM »

One thing I think is interesting is that Josh Freese probably plays on this Slash & Friends Paradise City cover, just as he played on Axl's re-recorded AFD. Must be kinda strange for him to say the least...

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #707 on: October 10, 2009, 12:57:19 AM »

what a disgrace.

Agreed. WTF? I thought it was a live performance, which would be kinda cool, hear Slash ripping that song again. Apparently it's a re-recording, for fuck sakes. Is it really a re-recording or is it live?

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #708 on: October 10, 2009, 01:06:41 AM »

what a disgrace.

Agreed. WTF? I thought it was a live performance, which would be kinda cool, hear Slash ripping that song again. Apparently it's a re-recording, for fuck sakes. Is it really a re-recording or is it live?

What's the big deal between a live recording and a studio recording if Slash is ripping on both?

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #709 on: October 10, 2009, 05:09:26 AM »

I predict a lawsuit is about to come out of this.   Theres no way this should be allowed to happen.  Angry

I agree. I can't believe that Slash has the balls to re-record his own song. He should sue himself for a million in damages.

Fuck 'Em All.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #710 on: October 10, 2009, 09:18:04 AM »

SLASH To Release 'Sahara' Single In Japan - Oct. 10, 2009

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash will release a two-track CD single in Japan in November containing the song "Sahara" (featuring singer Koshi Inaba of the Japanese hard rock duo B'Z) and a version of the GN'R classic "Paradise City" (featuring CYPRESS HILL and Fergie [a.k.a. Stacy Ann Ferguson] of the BLACK EYED PEAS).

"Sahara" is expected to appear on Slash's forthcoming solo album, which will be released under the "Slash & Friends" banner. According to the guitarist, "the [record] is in its mixing stage and the mixes to this point sound great. We have recorded 18 songs, with one more I want to track in the next couple weeks." He added, "the record is still slated for a February/March release."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=128501

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #711 on: October 10, 2009, 09:23:56 AM »

Some of you really need to realize that GN'R playing GN'R songs makes sense.

Maybe common sense hasn't paid you a visit lately?

Former members re-recording GN'R classics with hip hop bands and pop singers is a totally different thing.

So all you "real GN'R fans" might as well stop talking about Axl right now and concentrate on defending the choice of having Fergie and Cypress Hill appear on a cover of a GN'R classic that's almost synonymous with the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #712 on: October 10, 2009, 09:45:33 AM »

Some of you really need to realize that GN'R playing GN'R songs makes sense.

Maybe common sense hasn't paid you a visit lately?

Former members re-recording GN'R classics with hip hop bands and pop singers is a totally different thing.

So all you "real GN'R fans" might as well stop talking about Axl right now and concentrate on defending the choice of having Fergie and Cypress Hill appear on a cover of a GN'R classic that's almost synonymous with the band.

/jarmo

I think that's a bit narrow minded. Although the thought of Cypress Hill makes me cringe, it might just be good. Who knows?

I'll reserve judgement till I hear the track.

People are making a big deal of whether Slash has the right to re-record Paradise City, which I think he does. However he sees fit.

Aerosmith re-recorded a classic of theirs with Run D.M.C and that's what brought them back to popularity. Maybe GN'R needs a similar kick in the boot...

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #713 on: October 10, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »

Aerosmith re-working their own song with Run DMC is different. Aerosmith is Aerosmith...

Why can't you see the difference?

This has nothing to do with GN'R except that the song is a GN'R classic.

GN'R has no involvement with the cover.

To quote Slash "I'm not in that band anymore".

Everybody has the right to cover songs. It's a question of moral and taste.

I wish he had chosen something classic from his own repertoire, such as Be The Ball, instead....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #714 on: October 10, 2009, 09:55:38 AM »

when they did it live years ago with Duff and Matt it sounded good, I think, but re-recording it to me seems silly if he has 17 or 18 other songs-I'm not into covers anyway, both Guns and VR have done too many through the years IMO-just a dumb idea, unless this is a live track, but it just seems kind of lame to me-I would have cringed if Axl had ever released the re-recorded version of AFD-I know it's officially GNR, but that would have been silly also
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 09:58:22 AM by Fingers » Logged

libertad
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #715 on: October 10, 2009, 10:02:22 AM »

Aerosmith re-working their own song with Run DMC is different. Aerosmith is Aerosmith...

I wish he had chosen something classic from his own repertoire, such as Be The Ball, instead....

/jarmo

Okay, if you want to be pedantic, yes he isn't in GN'R and this has nothing to do with GN'R.

But I think if the album is good, it will revive an interest in GN'R, which is positive.

when they did it live years ago with Duff and Matt it sounded good, I think, but re-recording it to me seems silly if he has 17 or 18 other songs-I'm not into covers anyway, both Guns and VR have done too many through the years IMO-just a dumb idea, unless this is a live track, but it just seems kind of lame to me-I would have cringed if Axl had ever released the re-recorded version of AFD-I know it's officially GNR, but that would have been silly also

I think it's meant more as a B-side to the single he's releasing.

Fuck 'Em All.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #716 on: October 10, 2009, 10:05:45 AM »

/jarmo

Okay, if you want to be pedantic, yes he isn't in GN'R and this has nothing to do with GN'R.

But I think if the album is good, it will revive an interest in GN'R, which is positive.

I think it's meant more as a B-side to the single he's releasing.

I agree-I don't think it will be on his album

libertad
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #717 on: October 10, 2009, 10:09:53 AM »

Aerosmith re-recorded a classic of theirs with Run D.M.C and that's what brought them back to popularity. Maybe GN'R needs a similar kick in the boot...

I'm all for that.  But this isn't what that is.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #718 on: October 10, 2009, 10:13:27 AM »

I'm all for that.  But this isn't what that is.

How can you be so sure? You haven't even heard it yet. Even if it doesn't appeal to the more hard-core of GN'R's fans, if it sells well, it just might do that.

I have a feeling it might become popular simply because of the number of names appearing on the album.

Time will tell.

Fuck 'Em All.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #719 on: October 10, 2009, 10:21:26 AM »

VR (pre-Scott) & Cypress Hill - Paradise City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpG7mj3B0nA

The performance of the song is pretty damn good here. I'm not much of a fan of the rapping, but I'm guessing this is what it might sound like.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: