Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:22:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 429150 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #600 on: August 09, 2009, 10:36:44 AM »

August 9, 2009 - Sunday

weekly update

Hey all, hope you're all good. I'm long between blogs, I know.

Anyway, I don't know how I'm supposed to wait until next year to put out this record! It is so fucking cool & I am so anxious to get it out already. We start mixing soon & that will be that, ready to go. But, I have to wait, there's no way around it, for all kinds of logistic reasons & that's the reality.

But, my VR bandmates & I had a meeting a couple of weeks ago & although the search for a singer will continue, I am going to tour on my solo record most likely thru next summer starting in March or April. We (VR) will keep the word of mouth system going & listening to submissions from singers & checking out different singer's sites etc, we know the right guy is out there somewhere. It's possible somebody could turn up before I do my tour & we could start working on new material sooner than later, in a perfect world.

As far as my tour is concerned, I have already started to put together ideas for a kickass band & the plan is to perform some new stuff, Snakepit, VR & Guns stuff. The new album is really great & deserves that I should support it. Plus, I'm really looking forward to getting out there & doing some gigs, its been more than a year since I was on a proper tour & all these one off jams are basically just a tease.

So, there's the update for now, I'm still tinkering away on the solo record but there really isn't much left to do on it but mix it, which starts in September.

Cool, Take care, talk to you soon,

Slash
Iiiiii||; ),

This is going to kick major ass!  I cannot wait!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #601 on: August 09, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »

YEAH! hopefully a tourdate in holland.

would love to hear some snakepit stuff again
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #602 on: August 09, 2009, 06:17:45 PM »

but he also kinda fears or even admits that any serious VR work studio/live probably will be on ice for at least ~1 more year

Re-Union time, baby!!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #603 on: August 10, 2009, 05:31:14 AM »

it's a shame. VR was one of the greatest rock n roll bands again.
and then they just stopped.
I know Libertad wasn't a good album as Contraband but it had some great tunes!

and I really would love if they went back to the contraband era writing style.
they need a screamer/raspy guy....
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #604 on: August 10, 2009, 10:53:50 AM »

I just got a random text message from a friend of mine.  We went to the GNR show at MSG back in 2006, he's not a "fanatic" but he's a casual fan.  Soon after that I tried to convince him to go see VR but he couldn't go, and therefore I didn't go either.  Anyway, unbeknownst to me, he must've bought a VR CD around that time to give them a whirl.  This is what he texted me this morning.

I just listened to the velvet revolver cd i got way back when we went to guns and roses...they really suck.

I couldn't help but laugh.  That's from a non partial point of view.  I thought they were a solid band, but you have to understand that the general public doesn't share that view.  Especially after Libertad.  Our opinions are a bit skewed.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #605 on: August 10, 2009, 11:21:47 AM »

I really think VR is dead. I just don't see them finding anyone credible to front and write songs for the band. As for Slash's solo album, I'm quite excited about it but the various singers on the album (particularly Fergie) have me worried...

they need a screamer/raspy guy....

You mean Axl Rose? hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #606 on: August 10, 2009, 11:42:48 AM »

I just got a random text message from a friend of mine.  We went to the GNR show at MSG back in 2006, he's not a "fanatic" but he's a casual fan.  Soon after that I tried to convince him to go see VR but he couldn't go, and therefore I didn't go either.  Anyway, unbeknownst to me, he must've bought a VR CD around that time to give them a whirl.  This is what he texted me this morning.

I just listened to the velvet revolver cd i got way back when we went to guns and roses...they really suck.

I couldn't help but laugh.  That's from a non partial point of view.  I thought they were a solid band, but you have to understand that the general public doesn't share that view.  Especially after Libertad.  Our opinions are a bit skewed.

Dude, why you have to compare them? I mean every person has its own personal choice and different taste. To you and to your friend VR might suck but to other people CD might suck. I personally like them both. This is my personal taste and there is noone that can tell me CD suck or VR suck. I just like them. Furthermore, I don't know how you claim that Libertad suck. I think it is a quite good album. I expected more, but it is still a good album. So it is again to personal taste.

"...It don't really matter..."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #607 on: August 10, 2009, 12:46:16 PM »

Dude, why you have to compare them? I mean every person has its own personal choice and different taste. To you and to your friend VR might suck but to other people CD might suck. I personally like them both. This is my personal taste and there is noone that can tell me CD suck or VR suck. I just like them. Furthermore, I don't know how you claim that Libertad suck. I think it is a quite good album. I expected more, but it is still a good album. So it is again to personal taste.

He didnt compare them.... The guy listened to VR and didnt like it... Just because he got it when they went to the GNR concert does not mean there is a comparison!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #608 on: August 10, 2009, 01:08:47 PM »

Doesn't look like he's working on the album here...

Posted on August 9, 2009

http://twitpic.com/dbpq4

but he also kinda fears or even admits that any serious VR work studio/live probably will be on ice for at least ~1 more year

Yeah, it looks like the focus will be on his solo album for a while.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #609 on: August 10, 2009, 06:03:32 PM »

Listening to my good friend Billy Gibbons/ZZ Top this morning, man, he is a monster guitar player. #fb

16 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Busy week this week putting finishing touches on record. Looks like we're starting to mix earlier than expected. #fb

about 5 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #610 on: August 10, 2009, 07:14:40 PM »

You misinterpreted my post.  I wasn't comparing GNR to VR.  I simply said a friend of mine bought a VR CD (not sure which one) and thought it sucked.  I told him to buy Chinese Democracy.  IF he does and says that sucks I'll let you know.  Personally I like both VR and GNR.  I liked Contraband a lot, but Libertad was a pretty big step backward in my opinion.  I hope they continue on someday, but when/if they do I hope they go forward instead of regressing again.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #611 on: August 11, 2009, 06:32:20 AM »

You misinterpreted my post.  I wasn't comparing GNR to VR.  I simply said a friend of mine bought a VR CD (not sure which one) and thought it sucked.  I told him to buy Chinese Democracy.  IF he does and says that sucks I'll let you know.  Personally I like both VR and GNR.  I liked Contraband a lot, but Libertad was a pretty big step backward in my opinion.  I hope they continue on someday, but when/if they do I hope they go forward instead of regressing again.

Sorry, my bad. Maybe there is something wrong with me these days. Or maybe the ongoing posts are on the edge of comparing. Anyway, sorry again.

"...It don't really matter..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #612 on: August 11, 2009, 07:18:44 AM »

I don't care what anybody says, Contraband is one of the best albums I have heard in the past 15 years.

Libertad is rather forgettable although I like some of the songs.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #613 on: August 11, 2009, 07:39:37 AM »

I don't care what anybody says, Contraband is one of the best albums I have heard in the past 15 years.

I agree!!!!! 

Im surprised it didn't do even better than it did!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #614 on: August 11, 2009, 12:10:11 PM »

I thought Contraband was a big dissapointment.. to me it was the first time I heard Slash/Duff songs that sucked. But also the songs were much more modern sounding then I expected, I thought they were trying to hard to be non-GN'R sounding. I tried to like it but haven't listened to it for years now.

Libertad, that one has some pretty cool songs on it.. to me it's a better album then Contraband.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #615 on: August 11, 2009, 02:24:50 PM »

I love both albums. But I also think it is easy to forget how good the songs are sometimes.

I actually prefer Libertad to Contraband, not as heavy but slightly better songs I think.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #616 on: August 11, 2009, 11:00:58 PM »

I love both albums. But I also think it is easy to forget how good the songs are sometimes.

I actually prefer Libertad to Contraband, not as heavy but slightly better songs I think.
Me to but Contraband I think is better then Libertrain by becouse of well the songs are better I think

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #617 on: August 12, 2009, 06:17:29 AM »

You got no right is the most underrated song ever!  its far better than fall to pieces and Slash's solo is breath taking.
I wasnt mad on libertad although i still think its a cool album.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #618 on: August 12, 2009, 06:41:28 AM »

CB is my 2nd favorite workout CD ever behind Appetite

Run to contraband, it will keep u fired up the entire run.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #619 on: August 12, 2009, 12:37:22 PM »

You got no right is the most underrated song ever!  its far better than fall to pieces and Slash's solo is breath taking.
I wasnt mad on libertad although i still think its a cool album.

So true The Last Fight is underrated to I mean the song just has a sound that well for me reminds me of alot of the hard times in my life and it Takes me Down Down Down

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: