Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:23:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 429060 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #580 on: July 22, 2009, 10:22:31 PM »

Winding down, 2 more songs to go. #fb

about 1 hour ago from txt
Didn't he say there was one more song to go like a month ago?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #581 on: July 22, 2009, 11:02:35 PM »

Seems like the "finishing touches" bug can't tell the difference between current and former members.
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #582 on: July 23, 2009, 04:44:33 AM »

Well, I think he is doing the final touch on already recorded songs, or maybe he got more inspired and decided to record some more, but Im happy anyway, more songs can never be bad!  ok

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #583 on: July 24, 2009, 05:04:05 PM »

These rough mixes sound fucking amazing. #fb

about 2 hours ago from txt

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #584 on: July 29, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »

Flea is a truly phenomenal bass player, just hanging out listening to him play today. #fb

And

SLASH Interviewed For OZZY OSBOURNE Documentary - July 29, 2009

VEVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash was interviewed yesterday (Tuesday, July 28) for "Wreckage Of My Past", the forthcoming film documenting the life of Ozzy Osbourne as he approaches his 60th birthday.

Newly sober, Ozzy has finally reached a point of clarity as he looks back on a lifetime of unresolved issues, unparalleled success, misdiagnosed diseases, severed ties, and a recurring dependency on drugs and alcohol. Due in theaters early 2010, this is a film about reconciling the past and looking toward the future.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124443

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #585 on: July 31, 2009, 02:36:01 AM »

Flea is a truly phenomenal bass player, just hanging out listening to him play today. #fb

And

SLASH Interviewed For OZZY OSBOURNE Documentary - July 29, 2009

VEVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash was interviewed yesterday (Tuesday, July 28) for "Wreckage Of My Past", the forthcoming film documenting the life of Ozzy Osbourne as he approaches his 60th birthday.

Newly sober, Ozzy has finally reached a point of clarity as he looks back on a lifetime of unresolved issues, unparalleled success, misdiagnosed diseases, severed ties, and a recurring dependency on drugs and alcohol. Due in theaters early 2010, this is a film about reconciling the past and looking toward the future.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124443
Sounds good cant wait to see it!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #586 on: August 01, 2009, 06:11:26 PM »

Nick Oliveri put some heavy bass on a track last night, fuckin' brilliant!

Now that's just awesome.
mojoeye
Banned
Headliner

Everything is true, always.

« Reply #587 on: August 03, 2009, 05:26:53 AM »

Release your fuckin' album already! Everybody knows you're the greatest guitarist in the world!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #588 on: August 03, 2009, 09:09:48 AM »

Release your fuckin' album already! Everybody knows you're the greatest guitarist in the world!!
relax, it won't come out til next year
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #589 on: August 04, 2009, 04:57:05 PM »

just like his old buddy! rofl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #590 on: August 06, 2009, 12:22:35 AM »

The JCM 800 was blown 1st day of recording, I fixed it, it's been my main amp the whole record. #fb

about 2 hours ago from txt

In the studio re-recording a gtr part where my amp had blown up before, good times. #fb

about 6 hours ago from txt

Doing some xtra gtr work in the studio tomorrow. #fb

11:35 PM Aug 3rd from txt

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #591 on: August 06, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »

that's bad ass. the 800 is his altime amp right? at least he has multiple on stage
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #592 on: August 06, 2009, 07:01:52 PM »

that's bad ass. the 800 is his altime amp right? at least he has multiple on stage

He used the 800 to record most of UY1.

For Appetite, the 800 was used for rythym tracks.  For lead on Appetite he used the rented amp from SIR Studios.  A modded 59 Tremelo Plexi Marshall Amp.

In 1996 they came out with a Slash Signature head and he has used that for a lot of recording and all his live gigs since that time. That amp was based off the 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee.  The Silver Jubilee was not used on Appetite because Appetite was recorded in 1986.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #593 on: August 07, 2009, 01:05:05 AM »

For Appetite, the 800 was used for rythym tracks.  For lead on Appetite he used the rented amp from SIR Studios.  A modded 59 Tremelo Plexi Marshall Amp.

In 1996 they came out with a Slash Signature head and he has used that for a lot of recording and all his live gigs since that time. That amp was based off the 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee.  The Silver Jubilee was not used on Appetite because Appetite was recorded in 1986.
The legendary amp that he tryed to steal I wonder what happened to it???

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #594 on: August 07, 2009, 07:27:38 AM »

That amp was based off the 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee.  The Silver Jubilee was not used on Appetite because Appetite was recorded in 1986.

He's used the 800 mostly to record UYI? I  thought he used the Silver Jubilee mostly on it, don't remember where I read it though. UYI sounds more like Jubilee then a 800 to me cause of the bright sharp sound, could be wrong though Smiley
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #595 on: August 07, 2009, 10:53:59 PM »

Andrew Stockdale Of Wolfmother Songwriting On Slash's Solo Album

08/07/2009

Slash is getting ever so close to the completion of his highly anticipated solo album, which will feature a wide range of guest musicians like Ozzy Osbourne, Avenged Sevenfold's M.Shadows, Blink 182's Travis Barker, Black Eyed Peas vocalist Fergie, former Guns N Roses bandmate Izzy Stradlin, Red Hot Chili Pepper bassist Flea and Ronnie Wood of The Rolling Stones. Slash's album is also being produced by Eric Valentine (Good Charlotte, Queens Of The Stone Age) and features prominent contributions from former Jane's Addiction bassist Chris Chaney and former Nine Inch Nails and Guns N' Roses drummer extraordinaire Josh Freese. It was also recently revealed that Slash did some songwriting with guitarist Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother for a song that was recorded after a recent Wolfmother recording session in Los Angeles.

"Well he just reached out. His manager sent an email through and asked if I'd be interested and I was honored. Honored to play with Slash. So when we got to L.A. to make the Wolfmother record, after the session of doing Wolfmother songs Slash dropped in one night and we just sat there with an acoustic and went through the song."

Andrew also talked about Slash keeping him on his toes with his creative process and what an incredible experience it was for him.

"It was really, really like an incredible experience to write with Slash. He's a cool guy. He moves really fast too. His creative process had me on my toes. He's very alert with what he's looking for and how a song needs to move."

At the end of July, Slash announced on his twitter page that he is "winding down" and has 2 more songs to complete for the album that he hopes to release by the end of 2009. As of press time Slash hasn't confirmed if he will be touring in support of his solo album as his band Velvet Revolver continue their search for a lead vocalist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N7h47j7nb0&feature=fvsr

Thanks Ultimate Guitar

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #596 on: August 08, 2009, 01:48:11 PM »

I've been recording my solo record since the end of April, its basically done, we start mixing soon. it is a very cool record, I must say.

about 1 hour ago from TwitterBerry

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #597 on: August 08, 2009, 03:54:30 PM »

I've been recording my solo record since the end of April, its basically done, we start mixing soon. it is a very cool record, I must say.

Well, its almost fall time, so it will probably be finished, mixed, mastered by November (assuming they start mixing in September).  Do some PR in November/December release in January?HuhHuh
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #598 on: August 08, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »

Slash N' Friends is commin are you all ready???

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #599 on: August 09, 2009, 10:12:31 AM »

August 9, 2009 - Sunday

weekly update

Hey all, hope you're all good. I'm long between blogs, I know.

Anyway, I don't know how I'm supposed to wait until next year to put out this record! It is so fucking cool & I am so anxious to get it out already. We start mixing soon & that will be that, ready to go. But, I have to wait, there's no way around it, for all kinds of logistic reasons & that's the reality.

But, my VR bandmates & I had a meeting a couple of weeks ago & although the search for a singer will continue, I am going to tour on my solo record most likely thru next summer starting in March or April. We (VR) will keep the word of mouth system going & listening to submissions from singers & checking out different singer's sites etc, we know the right guy is out there somewhere. It's possible somebody could turn up before I do my tour & we could start working on new material sooner than later, in a perfect world.

As far as my tour is concerned, I have already started to put together ideas for a kickass band & the plan is to perform some new stuff, Snakepit, VR & Guns stuff. The new album is really great & deserves that I should support it. Plus, I'm really looking forward to getting out there & doing some gigs, its been more than a year since I was on a proper tour & all these one off jams are basically just a tease.

So, there's the update for now, I'm still tinkering away on the solo record but there really isn't much left to do on it but mix it, which starts in September.

Cool, Take care, talk to you soon,

Slash
Iiiiii||; ),

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: