Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:17:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428965 times)
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #520 on: July 13, 2009, 10:27:20 PM »

Steven Adler's drumming on Apetite while not the most techniquly proficient piece of work, had sould, energy and feel that all meshed well for the songs, which is what music should be. Slash isn't the most techniquly gifted guitarist but its his passion, and sense of melody and energy that make for the memorable listening experience from the album. If we wanted to hear the most techniquly proficient music it may just end up a wall of noise, a blur of 32nd notes and speed baraging the listener and while each musician is playing fast and technically sound it wouldn't sound like music, it wouldn't sound like human existance, it would just be a barage of noise. (which  may be music to some as the eternal question What is and what isn't music could be asked). I do like Adlers playing on that album but in no way do i consider him great, however that record would not have been the same with another drummer, different musicians will think of things differently even if its ever so slightly, so even if they had someone playing his parts it may not have the same feel, or another drummer may have cluttered it up while another may have not played enough this debate can go on and on, people who aren't musicians often take for granted the dynamics and chemistry of a band they think just because someone isn't playing the most complicated thing they could be replaced by another musician, but its about style and emotion, once you are in a band you realize this, sure one musician may be more vital in the creation of a song or album, but in the end they all have an influence on the way the song sounds and moves. Bands aren't like orchestras where every part is written out and dictated to the musicians, each player has some control on how each part is played. Back to Adler though, I dont think he was in other bands because of his drug problems who would want to work with him, plus he doesn't seem to have the drive to want to be great, just to have a great time, so even if he did form a band afterwords it may have just shit the bed as it could have just been a lame party band but who knows.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #521 on: July 14, 2009, 12:54:16 AM »

hey cornell is confirmed now right? has he been interviewed yet and asked about it, i'd be interested to know what he has to say about it. Didn't slash rip on him a bit in his book - said guns n roses did some shit to soundgarden??
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #522 on: July 14, 2009, 01:03:09 AM »

Steven Adler's drumming on Apetite while not the most techniquly proficient piece of work, had sould, energy and feel that all meshed well for the songs, which is what music should be. Slash isn't the most techniquly gifted guitarist but its his passion, and sense of melody and energy that make for the memorable listening experience from the album. If we wanted to hear the most techniquly proficient music it may just end up a wall of noise, a blur of 32nd notes and speed baraging the listener and while each musician is playing fast and technically sound it wouldn't sound like music, it wouldn't sound like human existance, it would just be a barage of noise. (which  may be music to some as the eternal question What is and what isn't music could be asked). I do like Adlers playing on that album but in no way do i consider him great, however that record would not have been the same with another drummer, different musicians will think of things differently even if its ever so slightly, so even if they had someone playing his parts it may not have the same feel, or another drummer may have cluttered it up while another may have not played enough this debate can go on and on, people who aren't musicians often take for granted the dynamics and chemistry of a band they think just because someone isn't playing the most complicated thing they could be replaced by another musician, but its about style and emotion, once you are in a band you realize this, sure one musician may be more vital in the creation of a song or album, but in the end they all have an influence on the way the song sounds and moves. Bands aren't like orchestras where every part is written out and dictated to the musicians, each player has some control on how each part is played. Back to Adler though, I dont think he was in other bands because of his drug problems who would want to work with him, plus he doesn't seem to have the drive to want to be great, just to have a great time, so even if he did form a band afterwords it may have just shit the bed as it could have just been a lame party band but who knows.
so god dam true my man and Steven should have a spot on that new album why he dosent only god knows.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #523 on: July 14, 2009, 05:13:05 AM »

Steven should have a spot on that new album why he dosent only god knows.
he will play on one song dawg
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #524 on: July 14, 2009, 08:58:54 AM »

hey cornell is confirmed now right? has he been interviewed yet and asked about it, i'd be interested to know what he has to say about it. Didn't slash rip on him a bit in his book - said guns n roses did some shit to soundgarden??

not really that I recall; I think they may have pulled a prank on them at the end of their leg of the tour; kind of like motley crue did to them with their sound/equipment
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #525 on: July 14, 2009, 01:06:07 PM »

What should Adler do? be poor and homeless?

Adler could start a band and make an album better than appetite and it wouldn't matter.

I say let him do his thing. If he wants to go to bars and play AFD, God bless him.

If parasite tribute bands can do it, surely the guy who drummed on the album can do it. No matter what u think of Steven, he has earned the right to do that if he chooses.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #526 on: July 14, 2009, 11:32:39 PM »

Flea & Steven did a fabulous job on the new track. Steven is doing really well, I'm proud of him

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2009, 01:50:50 AM »

Flea & Steven did a fabulous job on the new track. Steven is doing really well, I'm proud of him

you were there?
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #528 on: July 15, 2009, 02:02:09 AM »

you were there?

Thats what I thought at first i was some what confused. It's another Slash twitter update though.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #529 on: July 15, 2009, 02:08:20 AM »

Steven should have a spot on that new album why he dosent only god knows.
he will play on one song dawg
Thank God I havent checked in a while so I asumed Steven didnt get the spot but he should play for the whole album but thats just what I think.

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #530 on: July 15, 2009, 02:10:35 AM »

you were there?

Thats what I thought at first i was some what confused. It's another Slash twitter update though.
D should have said that this is from Slashes twiter or something cus that kind of got me excited almost thinking could this be Slash???

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #531 on: July 15, 2009, 02:14:02 AM »

What should Adler do? be poor and homeless?

Adler could start a band and make an album better than appetite and it wouldn't matter.

I say let him do his thing. If he wants to go to bars and play AFD, God bless him.

If parasite tribute bands can do it, surely the guy who drummed on the album can do it. No matter what u think of Steven, he has earned the right to do that if he chooses.
Dam right if thats what he wants to do then they have no right to try to insult him its his choise and he sounds great so its a dam good one!!!

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #532 on: July 15, 2009, 07:47:14 AM »

you were there?

D should have said that this is from Slashes twiter or something cus that kind of got me excited almost thinking could this be Slash???

dude, D is slash
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #533 on: July 15, 2009, 08:08:18 AM »

you were there?

dude, D is slash

So that's why he's always stuck up for Slash on this board! Damn him!

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #534 on: July 15, 2009, 01:45:07 PM »

From Zakk Wylde's Twitter...

@SlashHudson it will be a full, flat out, unstoppable rebel force. Seriously, love you, Zakk

about 13 hours ago from web in reply to SlashHudson

@SlashHudson your Brother Zakk, can't wait to hear Steven, Flea and you together. The sexisity is going to be flying out of the speakers.

about 13 hours ago from web in reply to SlashHudson

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #535 on: July 15, 2009, 02:15:53 PM »

Does anyone have a (semi) confirmed list of guests for this record?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #536 on: July 15, 2009, 02:37:25 PM »

July 15, 2009 - Wednesday

RNFNR
Current mood: nostalgic
Hey all, what's happening? Everything's good on this end. It has been a pretty productive summer so far. My record should be done next month & the recording has gone smoothly & sounds fucking great.

Steven Adler played on the 1st of the last 3 tracks yesterday, along with Flea on bass. The song kicks ass & the drums & bass sound so recognizable & sound so fucking good. Steven is staying clean, which is great, flea is just amazing, period. Steven, Flea & I all lived & met in the same neighborhood in West Hollywood back in the day. Yesterday, we had a great time reminiscing about when we all 1st started playing Rock & Roll & how school didn't fit into the plan, we were like 15. Flea was the 1st one to join an "established" band called "Anthem," I remember being envious. I had a band called "Tidus Sloan" but we didn't have a singer. Sound familiar? Steven & I didn't really have a band together until a few years later when we joined Nikki Sixx's old band "London" after Izzy left. Which, incidentally, was very short lived.

Izzy came down & played on a track a couple weeks ago, that sounds great too. It was good to see him, it's been awhile. Our guitars together really do have a sound all their own.

Besides having some friends of Eric Valentine's come down from Northern California & play cello & violin on a track, I haven't had any other guest musicians so far. Having Flea, Steven & Izzy play has been a real gas. There might be a couple more surprise musicians on this record I think.

The movie I scored while I was writing songs for my record last summer, "This is not a movie," is in it's final production stage & being shopped for distribution. I went to a closed screening of it at Warner Bros a couple weeks ago, its a really dark but funny movie, very indie & very raw. It really surprised me to hear/see it all put together. The score is awesome & almost entirely comprised of electric guitar. It gives the picture a distinct musical personality, which has many moods. Edward Furlong & Peter Coyote star in it, by the way & are phenomenal. Its funny, Edward Furlong was teenage delinquent "John Conner" being chased by the Terminator in "Terminator 2." His key scene was when he was escaping on his motorcycle to the tune of GnR's "You could be mine." Now he is staring in a movie that I did all the music for 18 years later.

The Norway gig happened & was a fucking blast. The band (Jason Bonham, John 5, Ted Andreadis & Franky Perez) was amazing & Ozzy, Fergie & Ronnie Wood were stellar to say the least. But, what really made the gig great was the crowd, they were pretty fucking fantastic. There is some talk of doing some more shows like that in the not too distant future, its too good of a time.

There's a lot of stuff coming up actually, all good. As it happens I will keep you up to date in as timely a fashion as I am capable.

Ok, that's all folks, for now anyway, talk to you again soon.

Yours,
Slash iiii||; ),
Sent via Satan ] ; ) >
2:11 PM
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #537 on: July 15, 2009, 03:56:13 PM »

I'll give it a shot, this is all I can remember, and some of these may not even be considered semi confirmed.

Ozzy Osbourne
Fergie
Ronnie Wood
Patrick Keeler
Kid Rock
M. Shadows
Josh Freese
Chris Chaney
Sen Dog
Andrew Stockdale
Travis Barker
Jason Bonham
Steven Adler
Izzy Stradlin
Flea
Lemmy
Iggy Pop
Chris Cornell

Edited to add Iggy Pop, thanks don_vercetti, Chris Cornell, thanks Rage in the Cage

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 05:53:27 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #538 on: July 15, 2009, 04:12:26 PM »

Iggy pop as well. 

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #539 on: July 15, 2009, 05:19:54 PM »

I'll give it a shot, this is all I can remember, and some of these may not even be considered semi confirmed.

Ozzy Osbourne
Fergie
Ronnie Wood
Patrick Keeler
Kid Rock
M. Shadows
Josh Freese
Chris Chaney
Sen Dog
Andrew Stockdale
Travis Barker
Jason Bonham
Steven Adler
Izzy Stradlin
Flea
Lemmy
Iggy Pop

Edited to add Iggy Pop, thanks don_vercetti

Dam Iggy is gona be on it this got me to want it even more all hail the king of punk!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: