Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428867 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #480 on: July 10, 2009, 04:43:02 PM »

I hope Steven's expectations are not too high.  Smiley

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #481 on: July 10, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »

Flea from RHCP will be playing bass on the Steven Adler track

Can I just say holy fuck!, Adler and Flea on the same track that?s just crazy.  drool

This is one hell of a damn set of musicians on one damn album.  Amazing.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #482 on: July 10, 2009, 10:08:46 PM »

I was kinda hoping he'd get Duff on bass on the Steven track, and it would also be the same track that Izzy features on... but Flea is still pretty cool! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #483 on: July 11, 2009, 07:51:01 AM »

Can I just say holy fuck!, Adler and Flea on the same track that?s just crazy.  drool

wow.  I'm not a big RHCP fan, but him and Adler definitely have the same kind of loose style.  I agree, that will be so cool.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:53:08 AM by Trist805 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #484 on: July 11, 2009, 07:10:00 PM »

Eric Valentine is in the process of building the console that we're going to mix my record on. #fb

about 3 hours ago from txt

This song sounds gorgeous, in a rockin' kinda way. Iiiii||; ), #fb

Recording an intimate strings bit for one of the songs tomorrow. #fb

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #485 on: July 11, 2009, 07:24:30 PM »

wow.  I'm not a big RHCP fan, but him and Adler definitely have the same kind of loose style.  I agree, that will be so cool.

Totally agree, Adler and flea have the same kind of loose style/feel. I think it would've been awesome to have Izzy, Steven and Duff on the same track. But Flea and Adler on the same track has just got so much more potential imo.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #486 on: July 11, 2009, 09:14:20 PM »

flea is awesome, but whats so great about adler?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #487 on: July 11, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »

U aren't an Appetite fan are u?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #488 on: July 11, 2009, 11:17:24 PM »

of course i am, but i dont see anything special about steven adler.     He didn't do anything any drummer of competence couldn't do, and if anything, his drums kinda give the album a dated sound.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:20:19 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #489 on: July 12, 2009, 04:15:45 AM »

of course i am, but i dont see anything special about steven adler.  He didn't do anything any drummer of competence couldn't do, and if anything, his drums kinda give the album a dated sound.

The drums on AFD sound like all the drums you heard at that time.. lots of reverb on it. Don't think it's fair to blaim Steven for this, it was just the way they did things back then.

I'd say the good things about Steven's drumming is he's playing with a certain groove that's very rock n' roll, very loose. Yeah his timing is going up and down, but it works well.. I mean Charlie Watts isn't a great drummer technically, he's fashionably late with fills etc. but he just got the groove like no one else. Also arrangement wise I like what he's doing, nice diverse use of cymbals and the beats are never the standard old beat you hear, everythings completely fitted with the music. He said about that that he use to follow Slash's guitarplaying and you can hear that, his drumbeats follow the guitar riffs. Imo his drum arangements combined with a punkrock sound and groove fits very well with the type of music. Have you heard the Adler's Appetite EP songs form 2004? His drumming is great on that one, very AFD style ish and fitting to the songs.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 04:41:32 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #490 on: July 12, 2009, 04:50:57 AM »

No one would complain about Steven's drumming on AFD if Axl hadn't made his comments about the re-recording they did in the late 90's.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #491 on: July 12, 2009, 04:34:38 PM »

Oh the insults again

poor jim bob gets the tables turned and don't like it very much

for someonet spew your bullshit..... have u never listened to Paradise City? only one of the most famous drum riffs EVER

Rocket Queen's drumming, SCOM drumming, WTTJ, Brownstone

his drumming is hooky and awesome on Appetite.

I know this is spiteful, but I want a GNR reunion mainly just to see the 180 guys like u would do.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #492 on: July 12, 2009, 04:39:09 PM »

you can't reunite a band thats already together.

you can like steven adler all you want, but like I said, I see nothing special about the guy and his constant need to live off AFD and always be "that guy who played drums in GnR once" gets a little annoying.   He brings nothing special to the table, and theres hundreds of thousands of drummers who are just as good or better.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #493 on: July 12, 2009, 05:32:02 PM »

Paradise City? only one of the most famous drum riffs EVER

Rocket Queen's drumming, SCOM drumming, WTTJ, Brownstone

his drumming is hooky and awesome on Appetite.

Oooooohh yes!  drool

All of the songs really!  I love the way the drums kick in for ISE, the cowbell intro to Nightrain, the heaviness of OTGM, cymbal madness on Michelle, and the total punk vibe on Crazy.

Steven had it all.  His drumming was complimentary, not overpowering.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #494 on: July 12, 2009, 05:39:12 PM »

I dont think drummers should be like a drum machine

I hate mechanical "Perfect" drumming 

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #495 on: July 12, 2009, 05:45:24 PM »

As much as it pains me to agree with Jim Bob, Steven Adler has not been and never will be any more than adequate.  There's a reason no one ever talks about the great drumming in GN'R... it's because if there were a weak link in the band between 87 and 97, it was that.  The drumming on AFD is there because they needed drums on the album, and the guy was only in the band in the first place because at the time him and Slash were like a package deal.  And since being kicked out of the band, he's been a pointless and frankly pathetic hanger on to whoever he thinks is most likely to let him in a band at the time.  I'm pretty disappointed that Slash would let the man on his record, because you can tell already that he's getting his hopes up, and when those hopes aren't met it's gonna be "Slash is an asshole for not letting me in his band" again.

And these things have been true long before Axl made any comments on the subject of Steven Adler.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #496 on: July 12, 2009, 06:16:31 PM »

so many people on here that are ignorant to exactly what a drummer brings to the table.

U can tell the listener who only comprehends lyrics and melodies from the true musicologist music lovers

I use to be ignorant to drums also, until I played with different drummers. Drummers contribute way more to a bands rhythm,swing and feel than u could ever comprehend.

its the reason no other GNR record has had the same feel as Appetite.

Appetite has a groove that few records can match, Adler gets a ton of credit for that no matter how bad u guys try to take that shit away from him.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #497 on: July 12, 2009, 06:30:38 PM »

Other albums had a different feel due to them experimenting with different styles.  Seriously, there is not one thing that Adler contributed to that band that any other drummer couldn't have contributed and done a lot better (unless they're Meg White).  The drummer is supposed to keep in time for one thing - something that Steven was rarely capable of doing, relying on Duff to do his job as well as his own.
Josh Freese plays in a similar style to Steven (and is the first drummer GN'R had that was anything more than just adequate)... only difference being he does it well, when Steven just does not.

And if you doubt my status as a music lover, I guess you have a helluva lot to learn.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #498 on: July 12, 2009, 06:36:59 PM »

so many people on here that are ignorant to exactly what a drummer brings to the table.

U can tell the listener who only comprehends lyrics and melodies from the true musicologist music lovers

I use to be ignorant to drums also, until I played with different drummers. Drummers contribute way more to a bands rhythm,swing and feel than u could ever comprehend.

its the reason no other GNR record has had the same feel as Appetite.

Appetite has a groove that few records can match, Adler gets a ton of credit for that no matter how bad u guys try to take that shit away from him.

LOL at you.  just because i don't share your narrow view of who are the world's greatest drummers i'm somehow ignorant?  I just can't "comprehend" it right?   Its all about "groove"

Enjoy your Adler's AFD show.

Why is it Steven Adler is only playing one track on this upcoming album and Josh Freese is playing the bulk of them?   I guarantee you Slash is paying Josh way more than he would have to pay Steven to do an entire album.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:39:28 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #499 on: July 12, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »

Other albums had a different feel due to them experimenting with different styles.  Seriously, there is not one thing that Adler contributed to that band that any other drummer couldn't have contributed and done a lot better (unless they're Meg White).  The drummer is supposed to keep in time for one thing - something that Steven was rarely capable of doing, relying on Duff to do his job as well as his own.
Josh Freese plays in a similar style to Steven (and is the first drummer GN'R had that was anything more than just adequate)... only difference being he does it well, when Steven just does not.

And if you doubt my status as a music lover, I guess you have a helluva lot to learn.

You Sir, shouldn't ever talk about music again. You've just shown us that you haven't got a clue as to what you're talking about. Therefore your opinion from now on should be considered null and void.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: