Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 11:30:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428590 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #420 on: June 18, 2009, 03:37:03 AM »

SlashHudson   This shit sounds badass, its going to be an awesome record. #fb

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #421 on: June 18, 2009, 10:03:21 PM »

# This is a really cool solo, killer tone with a "Blue Box."

44 minutes ago from txt

# One final solo today & then I'm going to a gig tonight.

about 9 hours ago from txt

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #422 on: June 19, 2009, 03:14:43 AM »

Promoting your record is one thing, constantly patting yourself on the back is another.

Kinda reminds me of the promotion campaign for the second Velvet Revolver LP.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #423 on: June 19, 2009, 03:50:21 AM »

Every artist does that, it's not like they're going to say, well this has got to be the shittiest solo I've ever done.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #424 on: June 19, 2009, 04:38:31 AM »

Like when he was saying that his playing on the second Velvet Revolver LP was organic, and then coming out and saying that Scott Weiland limited his playing on the record?

Damn, this is the best post I have ever made.  But my last 10 were pretty crappy.  It's because the Dodgers only won by one run.  Damn them.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #425 on: June 19, 2009, 05:39:30 AM »

Like when he was saying that his playing on the second Velvet Revolver LP was organic, and then coming out and saying that Scott Weiland limited his playing on the record?

I think the general consensus among alot of us has been that Scott limited his playing, as he never seemed comfortable with the idea of Slash doing big extended solos. I think the GNR thing (3x members) always kind of irritated Scott, so I think there was a genuine effort to try and tone Slash down to keep the peace. Libertad IMO at least has Scott's finger prints all over it, and that album was about the most restrained I think Slash has ever been on an album. Where as Contraband has a sound much closer to what I would expect out of Slash/Duff/Matt it seems that they kind of swung the other way towards Scott last time around. Part of being in a band is compromise. Besides, like someone said above, even if Slash was feeling constrained on Libertad do you really think he is going to come out and say it during the album cycle? Extremely doubtful.

I am fully expecting this solo album to feature a ton of guitar wanking on Slash's part as he has no constraints and can do whatever he pleases without having to think about or accomodate the ideas of others in his band. I could be wrong, but I think we are going to get a Slash on this album that is far closer to the one we all would like than we have heard in VR thus far. He knows its a once in a lifetime opportunity to have 15 of the world's best singers on his album as well as work with the other musicians he is. Freese is kick ass on drums and Chris Chaney is an accomplished session bassist so I think musically he is definitely surrounding himself with some good talent. If nothing else we know he is motivated as all get out. If you go back and look at his tweets for the past while he has spent a ton of time in the studio almost daily it seems so this is not going to be a lazy record where he mails it in.

I think it is cheesey how everytime an artist does something new it is always the best thing he has done, but I guess it is par for the course. With Appetite on your resume and the NR and Estranged solos it is not realistic to think this is going to be better than anything he has ever done, but I do think he is going to give us at least one memorable solo on this album. It's not like he forgot how, he just hasn't had the proper venue to do it.

If anybody doubts that he's still got it in him they need to listen to his performance of Vocalise here from last year. I think this is easily the best work he has done since his solo in street child, and if it is any indication of where his level of play is at right now than we have every right to be excited and have super high expectations.

Here is Vocalise for those who have not seen it, and then the Street Child solo just for a reminder of his awesomeness.

Vocalise (must watch) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uv56R3mK44

Street Child (Solo) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4suWBfAWQ

I am frankly most looking forward to the Ballads on this album. Like in those 2 songs I love the tone in his guitar when he plays like that, and he has just never gotten near that kind of sound in VR. I hope now that he is free we will see much more of that on this album.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #426 on: June 19, 2009, 07:00:42 AM »

Yeah, like slash is gonna say "eh, recorded this shit solo earlier".

Cmon, get a life.

Slash rocks and this album is gonna be fucking awesome!  and then VR will get a good singer and go back to the contraband era!

As Tommy would say "Get on board or fuck off"

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #427 on: June 19, 2009, 09:33:04 AM »

Yeah, like slash is gonna say "eh, recorded this shit solo earlier".

Cmon, get a life.

Slash rocks and this album is gonna be fucking awesome!  and then VR will get a good singer and go back to the contraband era!

As Tommy would say "Get on board or fuck off"
The point isn't that Slash would say the record is gonna be shitty.  But the fact that he's giving constant updates about how awesome the record is gonna be, may be a tad much.  He's setting the bar real high.  I know all artists like to promote their records and are proud of their work, therefore they're gonna say the best things possible about them.  But is he gonna tell us how awesome the record is for the next 6 months before it comes out?  I guess it's just the way things are done this day and age with twitter, facebook, myspace, etc.  It's nice to keep your fans updated but I don't know if he needs to beat it in to our brains how awesome he is.  We get it, killer solos, killer vocals, best album ever.  Point taken, let's just wait till next year when it comes out and then we'll find out how spot on he is/was.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #428 on: June 19, 2009, 12:03:18 PM »

See, I don't see all of these twitter messages to be like that - self promotion.  It's just a fuckin' twitter.  A lot of artists do it these days.  Like you said, it's just the way things are done any more.  I think Twitter's weird anyway.   I guess the thing is if you don't want to hear it, then don't read it. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #429 on: June 19, 2009, 12:09:42 PM »

See, I don't see all of these twitter messages to be like that - self promotion.  It's just a fuckin' twitter.  A lot of artists do it these days.  Like you said, it's just the way things are done any more.  I think Twitter's weird anyway.   I guess the thing is if you don't want to hear it, then don't read it. 
I actually like reading the twitter updates and think it's great Slash and other celebrities give updates to fans.  It's just becoming very repetitive.  Every day he comes up with the best song ever known to man it seems.  It won't stop me from reading them, I just reserve my judgement until I hear it for myself, which apparently won't be for quite some time.  I could understand and get more excited about the updates if the album was gonna be released in the coming weeks, but we're at least 6 months away.  It's hard to hold my excitement for that long when I haven't heard a single note of what's to come.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #430 on: June 19, 2009, 01:06:34 PM »

U gotta love fans of all things GNR past and present.

One guy gives no updates and people hate it

another guy gives a million updates a day and they hate it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #431 on: June 19, 2009, 04:18:39 PM »

It's a wonder the Slash/Axl working relationship lasted as long as it did.  The 2 couldn't be any more different in some aspects.

And I love the updates, but Slash saying every day how great another song is doesn't do much for me.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #432 on: June 19, 2009, 06:45:46 PM »

It's a wonder the Slash/Axl working relationship lasted as long as it did.  The 2 couldn't be any more different in some aspects.

And I love the updates, but Slash saying every day how great another song is doesn't do much for me.

Agreed, but he is going to think all his stuff is cool, its HIS stuff... Ha.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #433 on: June 19, 2009, 09:50:11 PM »

Its called hyping a product. Slash does that well.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #434 on: June 20, 2009, 01:07:50 AM »

^^  Oh, shut up!!  I most always appreciate your point of view on things, but just can it this time.  I get tired of hearing that shit.

I actually like reading the twitter updates and think it's great Slash and other celebrities give updates to fans.  It's just becoming very repetitive.  Every day he comes up with the best song ever known to man it seems.  It won't stop me from reading them, I just reserve my judgement until I hear it for myself, which apparently won't be for quite some time.  I could understand and get more excited about the updates if the album was gonna be released in the coming weeks, but we're at least 6 months away.  It's hard to hold my excitement for that long when I haven't heard a single note of what's to come.

Well, yeah, it will be interesting when it finally comes out - look forward to hearing it.  Even if it is a a few moths away.     
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #435 on: June 20, 2009, 07:49:02 AM »

Why u mad at me Lynn?

I am probably the biggest Slash fan on the forums but the dude does know how to hype stuff. I'm not saying it negatively or anything but the man has me expecting big things.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #436 on: June 20, 2009, 09:31:42 AM »

He's updating on twitter, honestly if you dont like his comments, why read them? It's not like he's going around giving interviews to magazines-maybe not look at this thread or his twitter account then?

libertad
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #437 on: June 20, 2009, 03:01:52 PM »

Why u mad at me Lynn?

I am probably the biggest Slash fan on the forums but the dude does know how to hype stuff. I'm not saying it negatively or anything but the man has me expecting big things.

I'm not mad at you.  It was just this comment:
Its called hyping a product. Slash does that well.

I realize many people around here agree with that type of statement.  You know - that he's a media whore, a fucking "brand" that he promotes,  etc.  People can think and say what they want.  Whatever.  I just get tired of hearing it.  That's all.   
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #438 on: June 20, 2009, 03:04:05 PM »

He's updating on twitter, honestly if you dont like his comments, why read them? It's not like he's going around giving interviews to magazines-maybe not look at this thread or his twitter account then?

Exactly. If you don't like it and don't want to hear it, then don't read it. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #439 on: June 20, 2009, 03:11:18 PM »

I didn't mean it in a whoring or selling out way

That he is great at hyping which means to get people fired up about something.

the way he describes it has me salivating to hear it.

My posts have been well documented over the years of being very supportive of everything Slash does that doesn't involve Fergie.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: