Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:17:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 429042 times)
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #620 on: August 12, 2009, 01:05:22 PM »

Gravedancer is awsome. It has been stuck in my head daily for the past week and the last time i listened to it was months ago. I love Spay and Just Sixteen. I think the album could have had better sequencing/track listing (gas and a dollar laugh and messages should be on there) and mixing. However Contraband is awsome. That album gets me hard... hihi

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #621 on: August 12, 2009, 03:59:46 PM »

Going through a bunch of rough mixes & then I've got a quick photo shoot today. #fb

about 2 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Just got home from a long but productive day in the studio, I'm fried.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #622 on: August 12, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »

You got no right is the most underrated song ever!  its far better than fall to pieces and Slash's solo is breath taking.
I wasnt mad on libertad although i still think its a cool album.

+1 to the whole post.

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #623 on: August 12, 2009, 09:53:55 PM »

VR like GNR went with the wrong single.

I have been preaching it for years.

VR should've hit hard out the gates with Let It Roll followed by Messages.

If that happens, they are still a band IMO

She Builds was ok  worst video I've ever seen

Last Fight is good........ I don't know it doesn't hit me like Fall to Pieces or Messages does

See FTP hit on so many levels and was a crossover smash cause people of all walks of life, ages etc can relate to it.Also showcases one of my favorite videos of all time *minus the corny matt sorum parts*

Last Fight just doesn't have the same kick IMO video sucked as well.

VR made two horrible career decisions in my opinion

1.Not releasing YGNR. That song NEEDED to be heard. that song is so original sounding and so amazing. just makes me shake my head with wonder how the power that be couldn't see how great that would've been. I don't know anybody,e ven the biggest VR haters in the world have to give that song props.

2. Leaving Messages off Libertad.  I have preached enough about this. Just criminal this was left off.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:55:55 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #624 on: August 12, 2009, 09:57:28 PM »

All I can say is, If the records sounds anywhere near as good as the rough mixes its going to be fuckin' bitchin.'

about 1 hour ago from TwitterBerry

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #625 on: August 13, 2009, 08:00:40 AM »

1.Not releasing YGNR. That song NEEDED to be heard. that song is so original sounding and so amazing. just makes me shake my head with wonder how the power that be couldn't see how great that would've been. I don't know anybody,e ven the biggest VR haters in the world have to give that song props.

2. Leaving Messages off Libertad.  I have preached enough about this. Just criminal this was left off.

Your damn right there! 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #626 on: August 13, 2009, 08:11:01 AM »

I think it's the most overrated song they've done, and there's doezens of thousands who dislike VR more then me, I don't even dislike them - let it roll shoulda been a single
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #627 on: August 13, 2009, 11:55:20 AM »

Amen to that!!!!   rant

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #628 on: August 13, 2009, 12:27:23 PM »

Full on Percussion day tomorrow for all the songs that need it, should be cool. #fb

about 9 hours ago from TwitterBerry

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #629 on: August 14, 2009, 11:04:18 AM »

What an intense day, I'm going to Miss Les a lot. Lenny Castro came in & did percussion though, awesome job, great musician.

about 10 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #630 on: August 15, 2009, 10:10:42 PM »

What an intense day, I'm going to Miss Les a lot. Lenny Castro came in & did percussion though, awesome job, great musician.

about 10 hours ago from TwitterBerry
sounds intersting

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #631 on: August 16, 2009, 01:07:58 PM »

Fixing a quick vocal part tomorrow & recording is done, we start mixing next. #fb

about 8 hours ago from TwitterBerry

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #632 on: August 16, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »

and then the wait begins

Slash & friends STARTS NOW! peace
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #633 on: August 17, 2009, 12:22:55 AM »

This song we're tweaking the chorus on is great, it might be the 1st single, definitely the 1st song on the record. #fb

about 3 hours ago from TwitterBerry

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #634 on: August 26, 2009, 09:58:10 PM »

Alice Cooper Sings On Slash Solo Album

by Paul Cashmere - August 23 2009

Alice Cooper is back working with Slash. The former Guns n Roses / Velvet Revolver member is making a solo record with a whole host of special guest singers.

?I just finished writing a couple of songs for Slash?s new album that is going to be coming out,? Alice tells Undercover News. ?He is working with a bunch of lead singers. It is sort of a nice idea of Slash and Alice, Slash and Iggy, Slash and Meat Loaf or whoever is going to be on it. It is a great idea?.

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9073_Alice_Cooper_Sings_On_Slash_Solo_Album

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #635 on: August 26, 2009, 10:01:22 PM »

Was he on the original list of people working on Slash And Friends?Huh

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #636 on: August 26, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »

According to a blog on the band's website, two of the members of violin and cello metal trio Judgement Day (Judgement Day is a three piece "string metal" band) have recorded on Slash's solo album with Adam Levine from Maroon 5 on vocals...

Recording for Slash

Slash ? Former Guns n? Roses guitarist and true guitar hero.

A couple of weeks ago Lewis and I went down to LA for a recording gig with Eric Valentine, a producer who we work with often. Sessions for Eric are always great, so we didn?t even ask who the artist would be this time. When I got to the studio Lewis was already set up in the live room and Eric was hard at work getting tones. He started playing the song that we were working on. It was a pretty pop ballad and the singer kind of sounded like of Maroon 5. Was this a Maroon 5 session? As the song smoothly progressed, my eyes began to scan of the room for clues. I noticed a handful of unusual black guitar picks strewn across the desk and couch. I leaned over to pick one up. Just then, the song hit the bridge and the tone totally changed. A ripping, monster guitar entered, shredding like a demon out of hell. The logo inscribed on the guitar pick was of crossed bones and a skull wearing a top hat. This could mean only one thing?

Shaking slightly, I finally asked Eric who the session was for.  ?Oh, Slash will be here in about an hour?. My heart skipped a beat. ?This session is for a Slash solo record?.

Well this was pretty friggin exciting for me. Back when I was in college, when we first started Judgement Day, I had a mission to teach my self to truely rock. Having studied classical violin my whole life, I had always looked up to great violinists like Jascha Heifetz, but now I was in dabbling in a genre in which I felt I had to find new heroes. Slash was a huge influence on me. During my descent into rock n? roll depravity, I learned his solo for ?Sweet Child o? Mine? almost note for note, as well as the opening riff, which is probably my favorite guitar riff of all time.

Waiting around, I was pretty nervous.  Having heard all of the crazy legends about this dude, I really didn?t know what he would be like. All I knew for sure was that I wanted to do a good job on this session, so I went to go warm up in the B-room. When I came out, Slash was standing in the hallway with his hair in a pony tail. ?Hi, I?m Anton?, I said offering a handshake.

?Hi. Slash.?

As it turned out, I really had nothing to be nervous about. Slash, in addition to being a legendary rock guitarist, is also a cool-ass dude. Within moments of meeting him I felt totally comfortable hanging out with him. While Lewis was recording his parts in the live room Slash and I were just chilling in the control room and he was telling stories about playing shows and having crazy parties in San Francisco in his pre-Guns n? Roses days. He seemed stoked that we were from San Francisco and even more stoked that we had a metal band.

The record sounds like it?s going to be pretty cool. It?s like a god damn Grammy party. Each song is co-written by Slash and a guest vocalist. The vocalist on our song was, in fact, Adam Levine of Maroon 5. Some of the other guests include Ozzy Osbourne, Flea, Chris Cornell, Iggy Pop, Fergie and now, Judgement Day.

Not bad for a day?s work.

-Anton

http://www.stringmetal.com/judgementday/2009/08/09/recording-for-slash/

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:23:31 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #637 on: August 27, 2009, 12:09:31 AM »

According to a blog on the band's website, two of the members of violin and cello metal trio Judgement Day (Judgement Day is a three piece "string metal" band) have recorded on Slash's solo album with Adam Levine from Maroon 5 on vocals...

Recording for Slash

Slash ? Former Guns n? Roses guitarist and true guitar hero.

A couple of weeks ago Lewis and I went down to LA for a recording gig with Eric Valentine, a producer who we work with often. Sessions for Eric are always great, so we didn?t even ask who the artist would be this time. When I got to the studio Lewis was already set up in the live room and Eric was hard at work getting tones. He started playing the song that we were working on. It was a pretty pop ballad and the singer kind of sounded like of Maroon 5. Was this a Maroon 5 session? As the song smoothly progressed, my eyes began to scan of the room for clues. I noticed a handful of unusual black guitar picks strewn across the desk and couch. I leaned over to pick one up. Just then, the song hit the bridge and the tone totally changed. A ripping, monster guitar entered, shredding like a demon out of hell. The logo inscribed on the guitar pick was of crossed bones and a skull wearing a top hat. This could mean only one thing?

Shaking slightly, I finally asked Eric who the session was for.  ?Oh, Slash will be here in about an hour?. My heart skipped a beat. ?This session is for a Slash solo record?.

Well this was pretty friggin exciting for me. Back when I was in college, when we first started Judgement Day, I had a mission to teach my self to truely rock. Having studied classical violin my whole life, I had always looked up to great violinists like Jascha Heifetz, but now I was in dabbling in a genre in which I felt I had to find new heroes. Slash was a huge influence on me. During my descent into rock n? roll depravity, I learned his solo for ?Sweet Child o? Mine? almost note for note, as well as the opening riff, which is probably my favorite guitar riff of all time.

Waiting around, I was pretty nervous.  Having heard all of the crazy legends about this dude, I really didn?t know what he would be like. All I knew for sure was that I wanted to do a good job on this session, so I went to go warm up in the B-room. When I came out, Slash was standing in the hallway with his hair in a pony tail. ?Hi, I?m Anton?, I said offering a handshake.

?Hi. Slash.?

As it turned out, I really had nothing to be nervous about. Slash, in addition to being a legendary rock guitarist, is also a cool-ass dude. Within moments of meeting him I felt totally comfortable hanging out with him. While Lewis was recording his parts in the live room Slash and I were just chilling in the control room and he was telling stories about playing shows and having crazy parties in San Francisco in his pre-Guns n? Roses days. He seemed stoked that we were from San Francisco and even more stoked that we had a metal band.

The record sounds like it?s going to be pretty cool. It?s like a god damn Grammy party. Each song is co-written by Slash and a guest vocalist. The vocalist on our song was, in fact, Adam Levine of Maroon 5. Some of the other guests include Ozzy Osbourne, Flea, Chris Cornell, Iggy Pop, Fergie and now, Judgement Day.

Not bad for a day?s work.

-Anton

http://www.stringmetal.com/judgementday/2009/08/09/recording-for-slash/

What a badass story!  Even the other musicians are impressed!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #638 on: August 27, 2009, 12:47:48 AM »

Fuck man, I HATE Maroon 5 with a passion. That's one track I'll be skipping on the album when it comes out

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #639 on: August 27, 2009, 05:16:23 AM »

Eewww, Maroon 5. This will be one 'interesting' record for sure.

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: