Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:17:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428326 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #360 on: May 28, 2009, 03:01:43 AM »

im guessing he must only have one left now?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #361 on: May 28, 2009, 05:00:23 AM »

Love those small Twitter updates, I'm getting really excited.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #362 on: May 28, 2009, 05:01:35 AM »

Adam Lambeert on Slash.

"This guy is so rad," said Adam.

"Who knows? Maybe we'll be able to record with him in the future. I would love that."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jxiP6rsMoYVSmvO7LWUsM02E_8pg

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #363 on: May 28, 2009, 05:14:32 AM »

That was a cool session, very memorable. #fb

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #364 on: May 28, 2009, 09:22:30 AM »

May 28, 2009

Adler said he'll return home from Australia later this week where he'll record a track on the upcoming solo album by former GN'R member Slash.

"I'm so happy that Slash asked me to be on this album and I record with him as soon as I return home," he said.

Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #365 on: May 28, 2009, 09:31:23 AM »

That's cool. He's the best of the G'n'R drummers anyway. Curious to see if the chemistry is there after all these years. Too bad Duff isnt playing on the track. Then you would have the best rythm section in G'n'R history.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #366 on: May 28, 2009, 10:48:04 AM »

That's cool. He's the best of the G'n'R drummers anyway. Curious to see if the chemistry is there after all these years. Too bad Duff isnt playing on the track. Then you would have the best rythm section in G'n'R history.

Should we rule that out just yet?HuhHuh  I would love for one Izzy, Duff, Slash, Adler tune with Stephen Tyler on Vocals.
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #367 on: May 28, 2009, 11:08:48 AM »

Should we rule that out just yet?HuhHuh  I would love for one Izzy, Duff, Slash, Adler tune with Stephen Tyler on Vocals.

That would be cool. Duff or Izzy could sing on one too. Good singers ( not on Steven Tyler's level) but kick ass vocals nonetheless.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #368 on: May 28, 2009, 11:25:39 AM »

ha, would love to see Duff, Slash, Izzy and Adler do a track

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #369 on: May 28, 2009, 11:56:49 AM »

Have Sebastian Bach sing on that one and don't tell him who the musicians are  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #370 on: May 28, 2009, 06:42:20 PM »

Have Sebastian Bach sing on that one and don't tell him who the musicians are  hihi

hihi

But serisouly, would love to hear them again;

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #371 on: May 29, 2009, 12:08:50 PM »

hihi

I think Duff and Izzy are better singers than Baz. I find him annoying. I always cringed when Axl would bring him on stage to sing My Michelle. It just always felt like Axl was throwing him a bone.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #372 on: May 29, 2009, 01:11:55 PM »

I think the anti-Slash attitude comes from a backlash against the media which portrays anti-Axl sentiments (which Slash has sometimes helped fuel), as well as some people feeling let down by post GNR slash projects. Tons of people I know just dismiss GNR/Axl based on stuff the media has shown. Personally, I don't care either way I like both of them, I like the music they made together, and to varying degrees I like the music they made apart from each other, I may like one more than the other but I'm not going to consider any of them Satan, they are human beings who make their own decisions/mistakes and have to do what they consider best for themselves. I would prefer an original lineup still making music, but instead of crying about it I'll just enjoy the music each has made and will make.
I know its just going to continue in a circle of hate well like the other circles of hate historys had and I think one of them has just got to be the biger man and try to end it instead of feeding gasoline into the fire or trying to keep it neutral thats the only way I think either of them are going to have a shot of being at there full potential (even if they wouldnt work together in music). And yeah I know a fair share of people who demonise Axl but I try not to demonise them when they are giving well stupid arguments like "Axl never should have been in GN'R" when if they seriously beleve it then they are just retarted.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #373 on: May 29, 2009, 01:13:22 PM »

hihi

I think Duff and Izzy are better singers than Baz. I find him annoying. I always cringed when Axl would bring him on stage to sing My Michelle. It just always felt like Axl was throwing him a bone.
I know Baz is ok but Duff and Izzy are great together.

I feel that Slash should have invited Steven Adler, Izzy and Duff for at least one track it would be a nistalgic track I think.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 01:15:35 PM by Jdog0830 » Logged

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #374 on: May 29, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »

May 29, 2009 - Friday

weekly update

Hey all, how's it going? I've been really busy with recording etc, I haven't been keeping in touch.

Outside of working on the record things have been quiet. No VR updates as of this writing, but I'm anxious to see something happen with an amazing frontman for the band in the not too distant future, whoever that might be.

My gig at the Quart Fest is coming up in Norway, June 30th. Which, is starting to come together. I'll post who all's playing next week, but it's a great line-up & the songs so far are shaping up to be a really great set.

As far as the record goes, we're almost done with vocals, 2 more songs left & a couple odds & ends. Then, I can stand back & see what we've got. It is a fucking awesome ensemble, that much I do know, with brilliant performances from each & every singer. I do hope to have a release date soon, but I can assure you, as I said before, it won't be this year. It will, most definitely, be out be very early in the new year. Even though the recording process is almost done, the legal logistics involved with so many different artists takes a minute to iron out.

When the record is released I plan on posting what gear was used on what songs; guitars, amps etc. Although, most of it was done with one guitar & 2 amps. A lot of interesting mike set-ups though. The record is being recorded anolog as well, this might be one of the last rock & roll records to be recorded that way, no joke. So, of course, I have to release it on vinyl, as well as cd.

Right then, I guess that's it. I'll have the Quart Fest line-up for you guys next week & anything else that comes up as well, have a good one.

Slash iiii||; ),

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #375 on: May 29, 2009, 04:34:54 PM »

Waiting sucks

sebastian is an amazing singer

just listen to Quicksand Jesus on Slave to The Grind

fuckin brilliant.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #376 on: May 29, 2009, 04:35:59 PM »

May 29, 2009 - Friday

weekly update

Hey all, how's it going? I've been really busy with recording etc, I haven't been keeping in touch.

Outside of working on the record things have been quiet. No VR updates as of this writing, but I'm anxious to see something happen with an amazing frontman for the band in the not too distant future, whoever that might be.

My gig at the Quart Fest is coming up in Norway, June 30th. Which, is starting to come together. I'll post who all's playing next week, but it's a great line-up & the songs so far are shaping up to be a really great set.

As far as the record goes, we're almost done with vocals, 2 more songs left & a couple odds & ends. Then, I can stand back & see what we've got. It is a fucking awesome ensemble, that much I do know, with brilliant performances from each & every singer. I do hope to have a release date soon, but I can assure you, as I said before, it won't be this year. It will, most definitely, be out be very early in the new year. Even though the recording process is almost done, the legal logistics involved with so many different artists takes a minute to iron out.

When the record is released I plan on posting what gear was used on what songs; guitars, amps etc. Although, most of it was done with one guitar & 2 amps. A lot of interesting mike set-ups though. The record is being recorded anolog as well, this might be one of the last rock & roll records to be recorded that way, no joke. So, of course, I have to release it on vinyl, as well as cd.

Right then, I guess that's it. I'll have the Quart Fest line-up for you guys next week & anything else that comes up as well, have a good one.

Slash iiii||; ),

Im so excited, Im going to Quart, and I really appriciate Slash giving us all this small updates. It seems like he is following some forums, because he answered a lot of the questions like release dates, recording process, and when he'll announce the line up for the gig...  ok I hope this album will explode and restore the rock n roll order!! smoking

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #377 on: May 29, 2009, 04:45:23 PM »

Waiting sucks

sebastian is an amazing singer

just listen to Quicksand Jesus on Slave to The Grind

fuckin brilliant.

WORD!!
I've always loved his singing, and rank him in the top 3 rock singers! And he is a part of GnR history, both past and present, so I like to call him the "missing link" in the GnR saga!  He's friend with all of them, has always been in their extended family, so he's the man!

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #378 on: May 29, 2009, 04:58:56 PM »

Bach can sing, no doubt, but.... I don't know, sometimes it feels to me like he's almost trying too hard to ROAR. Y'know? I still wanna check out Angel Down mind you....

On topic: I think I'll check this album out too. yes Appearances by Duff and/or Izzy would be cool but if not, it still sounds like a cool line-up.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
gunner22
Rocker

Nicko McBrain > all

« Reply #379 on: May 30, 2009, 01:47:02 PM »

Bach is an amazing singer.

I wonder why this album won't come out until next year;;;

I SAW THEM - Belo Horizonte, Brazil - March 10th 2010
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: