Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 11:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 408520 times)
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #300 on: May 19, 2009, 01:58:27 PM »

Doing a bi-coastal vocal session tomorrow from a studio in NY to here in LA

anyone know what that means lol!

The singer will be in New York, recording his vocals.  The vocals will be sent over to the studio in LA for Slash/the producer to work on and give their comments.  The internet's made this kind of thing possible... you can actually record an album without ever meeting each other. Smiley

Thats correct Redfield!
I think thats the solution for disfunctional bands, and I hope I dont cross the lines, but thats the way both VR and GnR back in the days should have worked!  hihi
Anyway, on a more serious note: Im really looking forward to the album, I think I will enjoy it no matter how it goes sales-wise, and Im going to the gig in Norway next month. Ozzy,Ronnie Wood, Jason Bonham and Fergie is already confirmed!!  ok

Source: http://www.quart.no/
Hell yeah Slash and Friends is gona be big.   beer

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #301 on: May 19, 2009, 07:57:44 PM »

A few things.  Any publicity gained from appearing on American Idol will most likely all be lost by the time the album comes out.  I'd buy that theory if the album came out the week of or around his appearance but those people who are fans of the show aren't gonna necessarily remember that "that guy with the top hat" has a CD coming out 6 months later.  People have short attention spans these days.  And as far as having a bigger pool of fans with GNR, VR, other artists.  If a Fergie fan wants to hear the ONE or TWO tracks with Fergie on it I think they'd be more likely to buy those tracks separately rather than buying an entire album filled with other artists they could care less about.

The only way the album would sell like gangbusters would be if it had a killer single, and I think that's the case with most albums these days.

we shall see in 2010

funny you mention fergie fans when there will be others like tom morello, chris cornell, andrew stockdale, kid rock, ozzy osbourne, possibly steve tyler, among others.....

i was thinking of fans of those bands that may be curious to see what they came up with w/ slash, moreso than fergie's fans'......i doubt fergie's appearance will ahve to big an impact Tongue

as for the AI reference, i was thinking early 2010 may see the release of a lambert record-and with the comparisons the kid has received by media/bloggers/etc. to some big-time rock singers, there may be crossover (esp. if slash appears on his record or he appears on slash's)

and of course, a kick ass single won't hurt either Cheesy
I didn't mean to single out Fergie, just used her as an example.  The fans of the "rock" guys you mentioned would be more likely to buy the album as a whole but it's still not a guarantee.  Again, an Ozzy fan may opt to buy JUST the track that he's on instead of plunking down $14 for 10 tracks he could care less about.  Just because there's a larger pool of fans that may be interested doesn't necessarily mean it will translate into larger album sales.  If it did "Angel Down" would've sold a lot more due to the fact that Axl was on 3 tracks.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #302 on: May 20, 2009, 07:47:32 AM »

is this genuine or more of the sarcasm/derision from some of the fans that think slash is really satan here on earth ;)who actually invented cancer

Oldgunsfan, this was totally genuine!  Smiley
Im glad to see a few people on this board that are just as excited as I am about this album!
Take a look at my picture! 
I know what ya mean, its a shame people think slash is satan just cos one other person thinks so but what can ya do ya know.  beer

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »

A few things.  Any publicity gained from appearing on American Idol will most likely all be lost by the time the album comes out.  I'd buy that theory if the album came out the week of or around his appearance but those people who are fans of the show aren't gonna necessarily remember that "that guy with the top hat" has a CD coming out 6 months later.  People have short attention spans these days.  And as far as having a bigger pool of fans with GNR, VR, other artists.  If a Fergie fan wants to hear the ONE or TWO tracks with Fergie on it I think they'd be more likely to buy those tracks separately rather than buying an entire album filled with other artists they could care less about.

The only way the album would sell like gangbusters would be if it had a killer single, and I think that's the case with most albums these days.

we shall see in 2010

funny you mention fergie fans when there will be others like tom morello, chris cornell, andrew stockdale, kid rock, ozzy osbourne, possibly steve tyler, among others.....

i was thinking of fans of those bands that may be curious to see what they came up with w/ slash, moreso than fergie's fans'......i doubt fergie's appearance will ahve to big an impact Tongue

as for the AI reference, i was thinking early 2010 may see the release of a lambert record-and with the comparisons the kid has received by media/bloggers/etc. to some big-time rock singers, there may be crossover (esp. if slash appears on his record or he appears on slash's)

I didn't mean to single out Fergie, just used her as an example.  The fans of the "rock" guys you mentioned would be more likely to buy the album as a whole but it's still not a guarantee.  Again, an Ozzy fan may opt to buy JUST the track that he's on instead of plunking down $14 for 10 tracks he could care less about.  Just because there's a larger pool of fans that may be interested doesn't necessarily mean it will translate into larger album sales.  If it did "Angel Down" would've sold a lot more due to the fact that Axl was on 3 tracks.

i know what you mean......I found it amusing you singled out fergie as most likely I'll nickname that song "skip" - meaning, skip that song and on to the next Wink

your right, it guarantee's nothing-that said, when Santana did his album it was among the years best selling and this disc will be a somewhat unique rok CD.  I know i'll be buying it the day it's released.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2009, 08:24:02 AM »

is this genuine or more of the sarcasm/derision from some of the fans that think slash is really satan here on earth ;)who actually invented cancer

Im glad to see a few people on this board that are just as excited as I am about this album!
I know what ya mean, its a shame people think slash is satan just cos one other person thinks so but what can ya do ya know.  beer

i thought as much but some you never can tel on this board given some of the attitudes on this board towards slash-which I find baffling. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2009, 08:34:28 AM »

we shall see in 2010

i know what you mean......I found it amusing you singled out fergie as most likely I'll nickname that song "skip" - meaning, skip that song and on to the next Wink

your right, it guarantee's nothing-that said, when Santana did his album it was among the years best selling and this disc will be a somewhat unique rok CD.  I know i'll be buying it the day it's released.
That's why the CD could use a huge single like Santana had with Rob Thomas.  That's why that CD sold so big, and the following hit singles.  Not because all Matchbox 20, Steven Tyler, and Michelle Branch fans bought the album out of respect.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2009, 08:47:24 AM »

we shall see in 2010

That's why the CD could use a huge single like Santana had with Rob Thomas.  That's why that CD sold so big, and the following hit singles.  Not because all Matchbox 20, Steven Tyler, and Michelle Branch fans bought the album out of respect.

didn't i say a kick ass single wouldn't hurt? I read one of andrew stockdale's tweets and it sounds like he's heard some of the album and said it pretty much kicked ass Wink

but we won't know till 2010 unless he's able to get a single out over the summer
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2009, 08:54:27 AM »

Doesn't really matter to me how much it sells, just as long as it's good music.  On the one hand, the last time Slash had free reign to do what he wanted on a record without a band editing his ideas, Snakepit happened (and that's not a good thing as far as I'm concerned).  On the other hand, he does appear to have pulled out all the stops to get some of the best talent - past and present - to contribute to the record.... it could easily go either way.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #308 on: May 20, 2009, 09:13:45 AM »

Doesn't really matter to me how much it sells, just as long as it's good music.  On the one hand, the last time Slash had free reign to do what he wanted on a record without a band editing his ideas, Snakepit happened (and that's not a good thing as far as I'm concerned).  On the other hand, he does appear to have pulled out all the stops to get some of the best talent - past and present - to contribute to the record.... it could easily go either way.
Yeah I never got into Snakepit, though some people seem to really love it.  I'm sure I'll like at least a few songs cuz I like Slash's playing and I like Kid Rock, Ozzy, Steven Tyler.  But I don't necessarily like EVERYTHING those guys have ever done, so I'll reserve judgement until I hear what they've come up with.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #309 on: May 20, 2009, 10:15:04 AM »

yeah i have to admit, i wasn't crazy about snakepit.  Really dug VR though.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #310 on: May 20, 2009, 12:10:50 PM »

Slash's playing on Snakepit is great... his playing there is much more 'out of the box' then on VR, more interesting song ideas aswell (Rusted Heroes, Shine). It was just that the rest of the band wasn't anything special, or atleast memorable.

I feel like when you listen to Snakepit 2000 and now Loaded's Sick and compare that to the VR albums, then it's like they're holding back or something, playing it safe. It's like all the same songtypes.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2009, 03:42:16 PM »

Slash's playing on Snakepit is great... his playing there is much more 'out of the box' then on VR, more interesting song ideas aswell (Rusted Heroes, Shine). It was just that the rest of the band wasn't anything special, or atleast memorable.

I feel like when you listen to Snakepit 2000 and now Loaded's Sick and compare that to the VR albums, then it's like they're holding back or something, playing it safe. It's like all the same songtypes.

my guess would be because of scott's influence in the band and slash alluded to the fact they had to make alot of compromises
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2009, 05:36:08 PM »

my guess would be because of scott's influence in the band and slash alluded to the fact they had to make alot of compromises
Well, in Scott's defense VR was a lot more commercially successful than Slash's Snakepit.  Obviously that doesn't mean it was indeed better quality, but I think at least part of their goal was to be widely accepted by the public and mission accomplished on that front.  At least at the beginning.  The novelty seemed to wear off with Libertad. 

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2009, 06:36:38 PM »

Well, in Scott's defense VR was a lot more commercially successful than Slash's Snakepit.  Obviously that doesn't mean it was indeed better quality, but I think at least part of their goal was to be widely accepted by the public and mission accomplished on that front.  At least at the beginning.  The novelty seemed to wear off with Libertad. 

well, scott was a much better singer than any of the snakepit singers and snakepit was never meant to be Slash's primary band; it was more of a fun thing to do in between GnR albums to get back to rock n roll in it's simplest form rather than what the UYI tour was; kind of like Loaded is for Duff now.  I guess what I meant to say but didn't say is VR may have been more commercially succesful if VR sounded more GnR/SnakePit/Loaded more son that what they did.  Not to say Contraband wasn't a commerical succes but if you noticed, the 2 more popular songs sounded more GnRish.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #314 on: May 21, 2009, 02:35:25 AM »

I love VR and i thought Scott was quite cool for awhile.  But he never sounded that great live.  He had a great stage presence.  For whatever reason, none of them seemed arsed after Libertad. Contraband is amazing though.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #315 on: May 21, 2009, 05:54:03 AM »

Busy recording schedule the rest of the week & weekend, making some real headway. #fb

He also mentions that he is too busy to update his myspace blog.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #316 on: May 22, 2009, 03:35:07 AM »

We're jamming a really fast tune that is a fuckin' blast to play! #fb

This is a workout. #fb

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #317 on: May 24, 2009, 01:42:44 AM »

i thought as much but some you never can tel on this board given some of the attitudes on this board towards slash-which I find baffling. 
Yeah its weird when I first joined HTGTH I thought there would be more people who prefered not to talk shit well about anyone of the orriginal GN'R and beyond (at least thats what I beleve) but so many people here are allways taking time just to slam Slash and I think you cant be a true fan of GN'R if you dont love every moment of the band from 1985 till 2009 well thats just what I think.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #318 on: May 24, 2009, 07:10:26 PM »

I think the anti-Slash attitude comes from a backlash against the media which portrays anti-Axl sentiments (which Slash has sometimes helped fuel), as well as some people feeling let down by post GNR slash projects. Tons of people I know just dismiss GNR/Axl based on stuff the media has shown. Personally, I don't care either way I like both of them, I like the music they made together, and to varying degrees I like the music they made apart from each other, I may like one more than the other but I'm not going to consider any of them Satan, they are human beings who make their own decisions/mistakes and have to do what they consider best for themselves. I would prefer an original lineup still making music, but instead of crying about it I'll just enjoy the music each has made and will make.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #319 on: May 24, 2009, 07:30:34 PM »

I like em both equally and I try to stay out of the personal stuff.

Its like having two friends who hate each other. U just sort of stay out of it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: