Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 10:27:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 408511 times)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: May 15, 2009, 06:25:29 PM »

Wolfmother are derivative unimaginative formulaic SHIT.

yeah, but alot of bands are these days, i like the way their derivative unimaginative and formulaic shit sounds better than most the others though rofl
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2009, 12:24:05 PM »

yeah, but alot of bands are these days, i like the way their derivative unimaginative and formulaic shit sounds better than most the others though rofl

The old line of music nowadays isn't as good as my day has been done since music began.
Wolfmother are a pale and unfortunately cheap carbon copy of great bands from the 60's and 70's but with no new twist .
I'd suggest you broaden your listening as there are many alternate bands out there willing to push things in new directions.

You tube "Wolfmother mike patton" and see what he thinks Smiley.....I agree.

Back on topic.....didn't like VR, Snakepit albums had a few awesome riffs.....I'm hopeful this album will be awesome, but I never believe the hype.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #282 on: May 16, 2009, 05:01:12 PM »

The old line of music nowadays isn't as good as my day has been done since music began.
Wolfmother are a pale and unfortunately cheap carbon copy of great bands from the 60's and 70's but with no new twist .
I'd suggest you broaden your listening as there are many alternate bands out there willing to push things in new directions.

You tube "Wolfmother mike patton" and see what he thinks Smiley.....I agree.

Back on topic.....didn't like VR, Snakepit albums had a few awesome riffs.....I'm hopeful this album will be awesome, but I never believe the hype.

hearing that clip you'd think mike patton invented music and that his opinion about music is the only opinion that matter; of course, i was neve a big fan of faith no more or their sound and especially his voice; looking at FNM's discography starting w/ Epic (his 1st album w/ FNM and one he had the least influence on)-their popularity and the critics reviews of each album got progressively worse as he had more and more of a say in the songwriting
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 05:57:20 PM by oldgunsfan » Logged
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2009, 11:27:37 PM »

but he can sing

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2009, 01:18:49 AM »

Mike Patton = overrated

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2009, 06:31:15 PM »

Slash recorded a Song today with Busta Rhymes for the Transformers 2 Soundtrack.
When is that movie comming out???

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #286 on: May 18, 2009, 03:40:45 AM »

Slash recorded a Song today with Busta Rhymes for the Transformers 2 Soundtrack.
When is that movie comming out???

One or two months I think?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #287 on: May 18, 2009, 05:45:11 AM »

Doing a bi-coastal vocal session tomorrow from a studio in NY to here in LA

anyone know what that means lol!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2009, 07:59:47 AM »

The singer will be in New York, recording his vocals.  The vocals will be sent over to the studio in LA for Slash/the producer to work on and give their comments.  The internet's made this kind of thing possible... you can actually record an album without ever meeting each other. Smiley
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2009, 09:23:05 AM »

The singer will be in New York, recording his vocals.  The vocals will be sent over to the studio in LA for Slash/the producer to work on and give their comments.  The internet's made this kind of thing possible... you can actually record an album without ever meeting each other. Smiley

Thats correct Redfield!
I think thats the solution for disfunctional bands, and I hope I dont cross the lines, but thats the way both VR and GnR back in the days should have worked!  hihi
Anyway, on a more serious note: Im really looking forward to the album, I think I will enjoy it no matter how it goes sales-wise, and Im going to the gig in Norway next month. Ozzy,Ronnie Wood, Jason Bonham and Fergie is already confirmed!!  ok

Source: http://www.quart.no/

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #290 on: May 18, 2009, 09:45:48 AM »

The singer will be in New York, recording his vocals.  The vocals will be sent over to the studio in LA for Slash/the producer to work on and give their comments.  The internet's made this kind of thing possible... you can actually record an album without ever meeting each other.

Thanks man!

Ozzy,Ronnie Wood, Jason Bonham and Fergie is already confirmed!!

Ive also heard Steven Adler, Travis Barker, MC shadows and a couple of other names floating around.

i hope its a cool album.  Although i doubt it will sell big, it is a solo album.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #291 on: May 18, 2009, 01:36:25 PM »

Thats correct Redfield!
I think thats the solution for disfunctional bands, and I hope I dont cross the lines, but thats the way both VR and GnR back in the days should have worked!  hihi
Anyway, on a more serious note: Im really looking forward to the album, I think I will enjoy it no matter how it goes sales-wise, and Im going to the gig in Norway next month. Ozzy,Ronnie Wood, Jason Bonham and Fergie is already confirmed!!  ok

i think this album may outsell democracy's total US sales in the 1st week of release

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #292 on: May 18, 2009, 06:12:47 PM »

Thats correct Redfield!

i think this album may outsell democracy's total US sales in the 1st week of release

That might be hard to do.  I haven't been paying real close attention, but I believe overall record sales have decreased in the past 6 months (I'm not sure they'll ever go UP again).  Records aren't selling as big in their debut weeks.  I think U2 sold about 500K in their debut week.  If they can't beat GNR's total US sales in their debut week I'm not so sure Slash could.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #293 on: May 18, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »

Thats correct Redfield!

That might be hard to do.  I haven't been paying real close attention, but I believe overall record sales have decreased in the past 6 months (I'm not sure they'll ever go UP again).  Records aren't selling as big in their debut weeks.  I think U2 sold about 500K in their debut week.  If they can't beat GNR's total US sales in their debut week I'm not so sure Slash could.

i think he could just because he may have a bigger pool of interested parties in the cd when it comes out-i.e. guns fans, vr fans, fans of the singers on each song, etc.

that and the AI publicity he generatedthe association w/ some of the performers may generate additional interest

just saying there might be more general ineterst than just a u2 fan - who knows it could tank but i think it will do better than contraband's debut and CD's debut at least
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #294 on: May 18, 2009, 11:18:31 PM »

A few things.  Any publicity gained from appearing on American Idol will most likely all be lost by the time the album comes out.  I'd buy that theory if the album came out the week of or around his appearance but those people who are fans of the show aren't gonna necessarily remember that "that guy with the top hat" has a CD coming out 6 months later.  People have short attention spans these days.  And as far as having a bigger pool of fans with GNR, VR, other artists.  If a Fergie fan wants to hear the ONE or TWO tracks with Fergie on it I think they'd be more likely to buy those tracks separately rather than buying an entire album filled with other artists they could care less about.

The only way the album would sell like gangbusters would be if it had a killer single, and I think that's the case with most albums these days.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #295 on: May 19, 2009, 03:13:02 AM »

The only way the album would sell like gangbusters would be if it had a killer single, and I think that's the case with most albums these days.

Totally agree with this.  one thing though, i think Slash will be prepared to promote the hell out of it.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #296 on: May 19, 2009, 03:47:16 AM »

The recording in NY was a success, thank you Dave Mcnair for engineering the session. #fb

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: May 19, 2009, 10:34:43 AM »

A few things.  Any publicity gained from appearing on American Idol will most likely all be lost by the time the album comes out.  I'd buy that theory if the album came out the week of or around his appearance but those people who are fans of the show aren't gonna necessarily remember that "that guy with the top hat" has a CD coming out 6 months later.  People have short attention spans these days.  And as far as having a bigger pool of fans with GNR, VR, other artists.  If a Fergie fan wants to hear the ONE or TWO tracks with Fergie on it I think they'd be more likely to buy those tracks separately rather than buying an entire album filled with other artists they could care less about.

we shall see in 2010

funny you mention fergie fans when there will be others like tom morello, chris cornell, andrew stockdale, kid rock, ozzy osbourne, possibly steve tyler, among others.....

i was thinking of fans of those bands that may be curious to see what they came up with w/ slash, moreso than fergie's fans'......i doubt fergie's appearance will ahve to big an impact Tongue

as for the AI reference, i was thinking early 2010 may see the release of a lambert record-and with the comparisons the kid has received by media/bloggers/etc. to some big-time rock singers, there may be crossover (esp. if slash appears on his record or he appears on slash's)

and of course, a kick ass single won't hurt either Cheesy
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »

Love your enthusiasm Oldgunsfan!

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: May 19, 2009, 11:35:46 AM »

Love your enthusiasm Oldgunsfan!

is this genuine or more of the sarcasm/derision from some of the fans that think slash is really satan here on earth ;)who actually invented cancer hihi
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: