Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 408124 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #260 on: May 11, 2009, 10:26:49 AM »

assuming no major VR news til the release of the Slash album.....this could very well mean 1 or 1,5 more years without significant VR activities for fans!

At least also.  Even if they found a singer today id still say 1.5 years to get to terms with the new guy and create an album.  They say they have an album worth of material but Im sure the singer will have some input on that too.  At least they can always do a few shows though on the back of Contraband and one or two Guns and Libertad.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2009, 10:27:36 AM »

was looking through his pics on twitter, and caught this one
http://twitpic.com/4ma4l

check out the vinyl copy of AFD in the background, to the left of his arm.  Someone (slash?) has been listening to his past.  

Shame to have to wait until 2010, hopefully he can do some touring before it comes out so we can have a little hear.  I'm sure some new songs will be debuted at this scandinavian festival he is playing.  

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #262 on: May 11, 2009, 10:31:24 AM »

"if" that album wont get released in 2009 things definately dont look good in VR land:

- most likely Slash will promote the hell of his album when its released early 2010(?)- leaving near zero time for VR for some time
- we have may 2009 allready but still no new VR singer announcement. even if there would be one "soon".....there isnt much time to release a new album and tour

assuming no major VR news til the release of the Slash album.....this could very well mean 1 or 1,5 more years without significant VR activities for fans!

Don't forget that VR no longer has a record deal......
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #263 on: May 11, 2009, 11:08:17 AM »

Don't forget that VR no longer has a record deal......

Ha! I did actually forget about that! 

That may take some extra time to arrange.  Although it wasnt an issue when they first started out.

I guess it may depend on the singer they settle on.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: May 11, 2009, 12:22:17 PM »

Well, if we take an optomistic view of this in regards to VR, suppose slash finishes recording all the songs for the solo album this month. That leaves at least 6 months until it comes out, so while its being mixed and all the legal jargin, he could concentrate on the singer search and work on VR material until the solo record comes out, and in a perfect world the new VR record could be recorded near the end of this year and mixed and mastered while Slash is releasing and promoting his solo album, then shortly after follows a Velvet Revolver comeback...
Doubt this will happen but it could

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #265 on: May 12, 2009, 02:52:35 AM »

Well, if we take an optomistic view of this in regards to VR, suppose slash finishes recording all the songs for the solo album this month. That leaves at least 6 months until it comes out, so while its being mixed and all the legal jargin, he could concentrate on the singer search and work on VR material until the solo record comes out, and in a perfect world the new VR record could be recorded near the end of this year and mixed and mastered while Slash is releasing and promoting his solo album, then shortly after follows a Velvet Revolver comeback...
Doubt this will happen but it could

That'd be cool!  Has he even  got a label etc for his solo album? 

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #266 on: May 12, 2009, 03:26:10 AM »

Some cool gtr ideas to try in the studio Wednesday. #fb 

some twitter

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: May 12, 2009, 08:26:23 AM »

Its obvious no album till next year because there are certain singers he must be waiting on..... Hmmmmmm.......

or his album will be released to perhaps coincide with the timing of the release of another artists, maybe one that will have a guest appearance hihi
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #268 on: May 13, 2009, 04:13:38 AM »

SlashHudson:  I'm in the final stretch on this record, of course the final quarter is the toughest.iiiii||; ), #fb

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: May 13, 2009, 09:39:45 AM »

andrew stockdale wrote this about his song w/ slash:

Had a great jam with Slash and his crew last night, I think we may well have an epic on our hands, with a monumental solo of course!!!!
11:08 AM May 3rd from web

http://twitter.com/positron76
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2009, 02:05:11 PM »

he is from wolfmother?

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: May 13, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »

andrew stockdale wrote this about his song w/ slash:

Had a great jam with Slash and his crew last night, I think we may well have an epic on our hands, with a monumental solo of course!!!!
11:08 AM May 3rd from web

http://twitter.com/positron76

Effin sick. (restores faith in slash after American Idol/Fergie)

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2009, 03:52:51 PM »

he is from wolfmother?

yes, stockdale also said in a interview that slash may put down some guitar tracks on wolfmother's second album after they finish recording the rest of it
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2009, 07:54:33 PM »

I saw Wolfmother at Download 07 (they were on before VR). I thought they were cool musically, but I just cant stand Stockdales voice. I reserve judgement though until I hear it ok
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »

I saw Wolfmother at Download 07 (they were on before VR). I thought they were cool musically, but I just cant stand Stockdales voice. I reserve judgement though until I hear it ok

i don't know if he's quite as good live as he is on record; i saw them at the hammerstein but thought he was pretty spot on but i was pretty fucking drunk
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #275 on: May 14, 2009, 09:51:58 AM »

http://twitpic.com/554u3

Slash and Lemmy hanging out.

Old one.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #276 on: May 15, 2009, 12:48:01 AM »

Man, this shit sounds awesome!!

about 5 hours ago from txt

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2009, 04:34:46 AM »

Over at Big Chris' working on arrangements for next week, this next tune is badass. #fb

Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2009, 10:08:52 AM »

i don't know if he's quite as good live as he is on record; i saw them at the hammerstein but thought he was pretty spot on but i was pretty fucking drunk

Ive heard one of there records too, just dont like his voice in any situation tbh
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #279 on: May 15, 2009, 10:49:26 AM »

Wolfmother are derivative unimaginative formulaic SHIT.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: