Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:50:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 408103 times)
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2009, 10:57:47 PM »

Let me take a stab... Ozzy...

Only if he's back again.  From Perla...

slash wont say it but i will! hes with ozzy osbourrne working on a track!

5:36 PM Apr 8th from mobile web

I bet Slash wishes that she would keep her mouth shut. I mean come on, if he's not willing to say who it is I bet he doesn't appreciate her saying it.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #241 on: May 07, 2009, 11:08:36 PM »

Stephen Tyler, Robert Plant, Mick Jagger?

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #242 on: May 08, 2009, 03:03:44 AM »

I bet Slash wishes that she would keep her mouth shut. I mean come on, if he's not willing to say who it is I bet he doesn't appreciate her saying it.

I agree!  First she says she doesnt like VR, then she mentions some of the guests on his solo album, then she mentions who he is recording with!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #243 on: May 08, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »

I've got a R & R icon coming in to do vocals today, I wish I could say who it is.

about 5 hours ago from txt

I'm betting that it's Chris cornell, just check his twitter.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #244 on: May 08, 2009, 06:47:32 PM »

May 8, 2009 - Friday
weekly update
What's happening all?!

By next Monday we will have 9 songs with vocals recorded. It really is a killer record so far & it sonically sounds amazing. We've recorded everything analog & that makes a huge difference in the most positive way. Eric Valentine is the perfect producer to handle all this spontaneous information & energy I've been throwing at him, he is really a one of a kind technician.

Its hard to explain, but I really needed this creative outlet to do stuff I haven't been at liberty to do in a LONG while. To be honest, I have been having a ridiculously good time working on this project.

And, the singers have all been genuinely awe inspiring & a pleasure to work with. They are the focus of what this record ultimately will sound like, regardless of how good the instruments sound. With their input, every session has had its own unique vibe & character & the songs have developed a personality unique to each individual vocalist, cool stuff.

Unfortunately, this record is not going to come out until next year, but its going to be worth the wait, I promise.

As for the topic of most interest to some of you, American Idol.
The American Idol adventure was quite an experience to say the least. I did my best to change it up by mentoring the singers at the Roxy & I brought some great musicians to play with me, Tommy Clufetos on drums, Keri Kelli on guitar & Chris Chaney on bass. Matt Rohdes, the keyboard player from the AI band also accompanied us & was indispensable in helping us navigate the key changes & edits that were necessary to perform the songs in the keys that the singers chose & in the time frame that fit the shows format etc. And, all in just a couple hours.

Although the show itself was way out of my comfort zone initially, we definitely altered the show's routine, for better or worse. The show staff & crew were super professional & sincerely went out of their way to make everything as painless & expeditious as possible. It wasn't a big spaz attack like on some TV productions.

As important, if not more so, the singers were great to work with as well. Adam (who I was not scouting to sing in VR, btw) was amazing, as was Alison, who was unceremoniously voted off prematurely, in my opinion. Danny & Kris were out of their element this week, but did the best they could under the circumstances. The judges, although unnecessarily harsh at times, were like rockstars themselves & Seacrest is the consumate professional, no matter what. Very interesting dynamics, more so in person than on TV. All in all it was a good time. But, the way I see it, as massive as AI is, it could do with an infusion of Rock & Roll on a regular basis. Other than that, I have absolutely no complaints about the whole event.

Anyway, I worked in the studio around the show for those 3 days so as not to waste any time on my record & I'm working thru the weekend to get my schedule back to normal starting Monday, so I don't miss a beat.

That's it, have a great weekend & Happy Mother's Day to those of you who have, or are mothers! Talk to you next week.

Iiii||; ),
Slash

Adam (who I was not scouting to sing in VR, btw)

Looks like someone has been reading some of the boards hehe  Wink

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2009, 06:59:35 PM »

It is cool that Slash is keeping his fans in the loop, that I will say.  The solo album won't be out till next year though?  Seems like things are moving along quite swiftly, I wonder why the wait?  So much for him going on American Idol to promote his album.  By the time it comes out the American Idol fans (who weren't Slash fans) will have forgotten about Slash most likely.

I still think it was lame for him to go on American Idol, but it's his life and obviously he does whatever he wants so who am I to criticize?  He seemed to have a good time with it and seems to be having a blast making this record.  So good for him in that sense.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #246 on: May 08, 2009, 08:12:47 PM »

Its obvious no album till next year because there are certain singers he must be waiting on..... Hmmmmmm.......
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #247 on: May 09, 2009, 09:17:58 AM »

should be an interesting album-as far as Slash on American Idol goes, for what it's worth, a buddy of mine who likes more thrash metal and stuff asked me if I knew Slash was coming out with a solo album-his girlfriend watches American Idol and told him about it, and he said that sounds like it would be a cool album-not bad marketing after all I guess

libertad
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #248 on: May 09, 2009, 11:44:36 AM »

should be an interesting album-as far as Slash on American Idol goes, for what it's worth, a buddy of mine who likes more thrash metal and stuff asked me if I knew Slash was coming out with a solo album-his girlfriend watches American Idol and told him about it, and he said that sounds like it would be a cool album-not bad marketing after all I guess
Again, I think it would've been better marketing if the album was coming out this week, not sometime next year.  People have very short attention spans in this day and age.  How many people who weren't Slash fans before are gonna hold onto that thought and remember come March 2010 (or whenver it comes out)?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #249 on: May 09, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »

4 songs left to record on it after today.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #250 on: May 09, 2009, 11:51:29 AM »

4 songs left to record on it after today.
Don't get too excited though, according to Slash the album won't come out till sometime next year.

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #251 on: May 09, 2009, 11:56:15 AM »

probably just in time for another velvet revolver record/tour.

then again i never trust any time constraints put on something.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2009, 12:24:36 PM »

probably just in time for another velvet revolver record/tour.

then again i never trust any time constraints put on something.
See I'm not so sure that'd be a good idea, at least for VR.  I felt when Libertad was released, Slash had more of an interst in promoting his book than the record.  VR was sort of an afterthought.  Slash views this project as his baby, so again I think he'd put it before anything VR related.  Just my opinion of course.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #253 on: May 11, 2009, 12:16:34 AM »

http://www.myspace.com/slash

First song that plays, Apocolypse, sounds like Black Sabbath.. Hopefully this is the Ozzy tune.  Sounds mean and dark.. I like it!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #254 on: May 11, 2009, 12:24:24 AM »

http://www.myspace.com/slash

First song that plays, Apocolypse, sounds like Black Sabbath.. Hopefully this is the Ozzy tune.  Sounds mean and dark.. I like it!
Is that a brand new clip of one of the new songs?  I haven't ever visited Slash's myspace, so I'm not sure if that's been there for awhile or not.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2009, 01:19:44 AM »

gonna be heavy and different thats for sure

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #256 on: May 11, 2009, 03:20:40 AM »

Slash views this project as his baby, so again I think he'd put it before anything VR related

I have to agree with this at the moment.  It seems like something that he really wants to get out of his system before going back to the politics that is a band.  Im surprised though that its not out til next year, seems like everything is getting recorded so fast (almost).  And I thought the plan would be to find a front man for VR after this was out and loaded were finished working on sick/touring.  I mean mixing the album etc can only take so long?

Im sure touring may be difficult with this kinda record though.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #257 on: May 11, 2009, 07:05:58 AM »

Slash views this project as his baby, so again I think he'd put it before anything VR related

I have to agree with this at the moment.  It seems like something that he really wants to get out of his system before going back to the politics that is a band.  Im surprised though that its not out til next year, seems like everything is getting recorded so fast (almost).  And I thought the plan would be to find a front man for VR after this was out and loaded were finished working on sick/touring.  I mean mixing the album etc can only take so long?

Im sure touring may be difficult with this kinda record though.
one thing could be all this shit with different artist from different record companies, u know, the legal shit
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2009, 07:52:59 AM »

either way, if its not out til next year, im guessing its gonna cause some big delays within VR?  im sure Slash is gonna want to promote this a lot when its released.  And was under the impression that VR wanted to get things moving sooner rather than later.  Does anyone else get the feeling that Perla isn't into VR and wants Slash to branch into other area's?

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #259 on: May 11, 2009, 10:11:17 AM »

"if" that album wont get released in 2009 things definately dont look good in VR land:

- most likely Slash will promote the hell of his album when its released early 2010(?)- leaving near zero time for VR for some time
- we have may 2009 allready but still no new VR singer announcement. even if there would be one "soon".....there isnt much time to release a new album and tour

assuming no major VR news til the release of the Slash album.....this could very well mean 1 or 1,5 more years without significant VR activities for fans!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: