Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:42:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 407373 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2009, 07:48:11 AM »

Hopefully thats the end of her now lol.  hasnt been any news of them playing together in the last day or two.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2009, 09:49:02 PM »

Duff is real if nothing else. I like that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2009, 04:44:22 AM »

so Slash has got M. Shadows on a track now for his solo album...this album is going to kick fucking ass...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2009, 11:27:17 AM »

Undecided

'I Think I Puked In My Brain' - 12 Ill-Advised Solo Albums

Posted on 16/04/09

By Luke Lewis

Slash claims his forthcoming solo record is going to be both "killer" and "kick ass". This is unlikely. His creative track record since quitting Guns N'Roses is not good.

The guitarist's collaborations are bad enough ? this is a man who once traded duelling guitars onstage with Bill Gates and was so addled in the mid-'90s he petitioned The Stone Roses to be John Squire's replacement.

But without the guiding hand of big-name collaborators, his solo output is likely to be even worse - the most deadening kind of aimless, whisky-doused, bluesy widdle-rock. That said, surely not even Slash could hope to eclipse the following solo albums in terms of sheer, ill-starred suckiness.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=123&title=from_john_squire_to_slash_12_ill_advised&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2009, 04:38:59 PM »

Wow!  That was kind of harsh.  I guess it's safe to say that the reporter isn't buying into the hype that Slash is selling.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »

Ya, the guy seemed to be pretty biased against Slash from the get go and isn't even willing to give it a listen... Oh well.  It sucks when people do that. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »

I hate close minded fucks that won't even wait to listen to something before judging.

It drove me crazy with CD how the bad reviews were probably written before the CD even came out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »

Ya, the guy seemed to be pretty biased against Slash from the get go and isn't even willing to give it a listen... Oh well.  It sucks when people do that. 

well.. if he didn't dig snakepit.. and he didn't dig VR.. and he doesn't dig the fergie/bill gates/best buy/cooking show gigs, then I say he has a reason to be cynical.

although I agree lets not right up reviews on the album until its out.  good or bad.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2009, 08:13:48 PM »

well.. if he didn't dig snakepit.. and he didn't dig VR.. and he doesn't dig the fergie/bill gates/best buy/cooking show gigs, then I say he has a reason to be cynical.

although I agree lets not right up reviews on the album until its out.  good or bad.

that is a fair point, though he could at least try to be factually acurate while slating slash.

the stone roses thing was they wanted him or a woman whose name i can't remember, because "they wanted the best guitarist on the planet, or a woman, just to put squire in his place" one of the bands words not mine.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2009, 12:22:40 PM »

Starting up track #6 tomorrow with Josh & Chris, this song is really cool.

about 10 hours ago from txt

Looking forward to the next song we're recording Monday, cool guitar riffs. iiii||; ).

1:10 AM Apr 18th from txt

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2009, 12:52:19 PM »

I'm really looking forward to seeing an official track list with who is singing on each song.  sounds like he already has a group together..   has there been any mention of a release date? 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2009, 08:28:37 PM »

Holy Smokes, Jim Bob agrees with me.... again!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2009, 02:03:21 PM »

Doing a skit with Conan O'Brien this morning, then glorious gtrs all day!

42 minutes ago from txt

Conan O'Brien & I are surprising people selling Guitars on Craig's list. We're going to their houses..

7 minutes ago from txt
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:20:14 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »

OZZY OSBOURNE Says OZZFEST Will Be Back In 'Major' Way In 2010, Confirms SLASH Collaboration - Apr. 23, 2009

Revolver TV has uploaded a short interview with Ozzy Osbourne conducted by Full Metal Jackie backstage at the first annual Epiphone Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which was held on April 7 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles. During the chat, Ozzy reveals that there are plans for Ozzfest to return in a "major" way in 2010 and also confirms reports that he is featured as a guest on the new solo album from VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash. Watch the interview at this location.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=118706

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2009, 04:12:11 PM »

SLASH Issues Solo Album Update - Apr. 24, 2009

VELVET REVOLVER and ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash has posted an update on the recording process for his new solo album, which he is tracking with former NINE INCH NAILS drummer Josh Freese and ex-JANE'S ADDICTION bassist Chris Chaney. Confirmed guest singers so far include Ozzy Osbourne and AVENGED SEVENFOLD's M. Shadows.

Slash writes on his MySpace page: "Hey, I hope everybody is doing well. These are some pretty harsh times we're experiencing at present. But I feel optimistic that things are going to get better in relatively short order. I have faith in our new President, especially after eight years of having absolutely no faith in the last one whatsoever. Obama seems to be on the path to righteousness. I guess we'll just have to watch and wait.

"Anyway, hard at work in the studio. We are six tracks into it and it sounds really great ? great playing and super killer tones, not to mention stellar vocals so far. I'm still not at liberty to publicly divulge any singers' names, but trust me, they're amazing. I know a lot of you out there know who at least some of them are. I will however, give you working titles for a couple songs: 'We're All Gonna Die' is one, 'These Last Words' is another. There is one song called 'Crucify The Dead' and another called 'Beautiful, Dangerous'.

"We have about eight songs left to record and I'm really excited about every one.

"On the VELVET REVOLVER front, not a whole lot news to report singer-wise, which is a drag. But this is one of those situations where just when you're ready to give up, something great happens. So, we're hanging in there until then, no matter what."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=118793

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2009, 01:25:07 PM »

From Slash:

Meeting up with Andrew Stockdale (Wolfmother) tonight, should be cool.

about 15 hours ago from txt

From Andrew Stockdale:

Had to tell you., I'm to excited, though I'm jamming with Slash this week, got a feeling good things will be created!

12:39 PM Apr 18th from web

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2009, 01:43:14 PM »

I love it.  Great diversity!  Hope he remembers to dominate on guitar as well to go along with the cool singers...  ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2009, 09:38:28 AM »

Lemmy Kilmister is undoubtedly one of the best lyricists in Rock & Roll.

about 6 hours ago from txt

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2009, 10:58:11 AM »

shiitt
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »

I read once that Lemmy was voted the most unsexy rockstar of all times. I've seen him in person plenty of times in the Rainbow and believe me he deserves that honor. On another note, hopefully what he does with Slash will be cool.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: