Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:41:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 407289 times)
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #1680 on: February 01, 2010, 03:42:24 PM »

Somebody who has a Twitter acount, Twitter him about it Tongue
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1681 on: February 01, 2010, 04:06:44 PM »

Has the Izzy/Steven/Flea track been scrapped??......  Cry

The trackisting above only mentions the vocalists.

Steven/Flea & Izzy are on there somewhere.

Steven said that him and Flea play on a great rock n roll track with a singer that "everybody knows." Ozzy?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1682 on: February 01, 2010, 04:10:27 PM »

Has the Izzy/Steven/Flea track been scrapped??......  Cry

The trackisting above only mentions the vocalists.

Steven/Flea & Izzy are on there somewhere.

Steven said that him and Flea play on a great rock n roll track with a singer that "everybody knows." Ozzy?
I hope they are on the iggy track
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1683 on: February 01, 2010, 04:51:44 PM »

From Slash:

I've just become a regular presence on my favorite website, Ultimate Guitar.com http://awe.sm/50TKP

37 minutes ago from Facebook

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1684 on: February 01, 2010, 05:57:40 PM »

SlashHudson

I have killer additional tracks that will be released in different formats & territories. http://bit.ly/clWR7B 7 minutes ago from Facebook
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1685 on: February 01, 2010, 10:04:51 PM »

From Slash's MySpace album announcement:

February 1, 2010 - Monday

Slash, The Self Titled Album: Track Listing and Artwork Revealed

Finally, here is the press announcement on my new record listing all the vocalists etc.

There are killer additional tracks featuring Alice Cooper, Nicole Scherzinger, Flea, Steven Adler, Nick Oliveri, Beth Hart, Cypress Hill, Fergie & Koshi Inaba that will be released simultaneously with the record in different formats & territories.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=420167906&blogId=527980441

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1686 on: February 01, 2010, 10:43:03 PM »

From his myspace:

Ernie Ball Presents Shred With Slash!
I'm extremely excited to partner with Ernie Ball on this incredibly proactive retail promotion. The private masterclass is something I'm greatly looking forward to putting together.

Coachella, California February 1, 2010 - Ernie Ball has recently partnered with longtime endorsee Slash, to provide the once in a lifetime opportunity for over 20 guitarists to attend a private masterclass with Slash in Hollywood, CA. Hidden inside select packs of Ernie Ball electric guitar string sets are 5 different colored picks - Gold, Silver, Red, Black, and White. Each pick has a corresponding prize including:

20 - Tickets attend a private masterclass with Slash..
10 - Custom Ernie Ball Music Man instruments
20 - $500.00 Guitar Center Shopping Sprees
100 - Signed copies of Slash's solo record (available April, 2010)
1000 - Free packs of Ernie Ball strings.

Available exclusively at Guitar Center, over 1000 prizes will be available in all all Slinkys, Coated Slinkys, Classic Pure Nickel, and 7 String Sets. Promotion runs from February 2010 ? May 2010. Go to ....www.ernieball.com/slash <http://www.ernieball.com/slash> for more info.
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1687 on: February 01, 2010, 11:17:56 PM »

From Slash's MySpace album announcement:

Slash, The Self Titled Album: Track Listing and Artwork Revealed

Finally, here is the press announcement on my new record listing all the vocalists etc.

There are killer additional tracks featuring Alice Cooper, Nicole Scherzinger, Flea, Steven Adler, Nick Oliveri, Beth Hart, Cypress Hill, Fergie & Koshi Inaba that will be released simultaneously with the record in different formats & territories.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=420167906&blogId=527980441

Rumored bonus tracks:

01. Baby Can't Drive (Alice Cooper and Nicole Scherzinger)
02. Sahara (Koshi Inaba)
03. Paradise City (Fergie and Cypress Hill)
04. Mother Maria (Beth Hart)
05. Safe in Your Cage
06. Your Friends Can Come Too
07. These Last Words
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1688 on: February 01, 2010, 11:47:35 PM »

drool I want all these tracks. Nom, Nom, Nom.

Fuck 'Em All.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1689 on: February 02, 2010, 12:04:06 AM »

I am not a musician, but I think some of these partnerships Slash is doing with the music companies are cool. The guitar picks thing is kind of like the golden ticket from Willy Wonka, and that competition where unsigned bands will compete to to write/record 3 songs with Slash and Mike Clink is an awesome opportunity  of a lifetime for someone. Either Slash, or someone around him, has been very creative in coming up with ideas on how to get create some awareness of his album through promotions that are unique and might get people interested.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1690 on: February 02, 2010, 03:57:29 AM »

Still wondering were Izzy fits in!

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1691 on: February 02, 2010, 09:38:41 AM »

Pre-Order Brand New Slash Album, ?Slash?

Slash?s debut solo album ?Slash? featuring high profile collaborators such as Lemmy, Ozzy and Alice Cooper is out worldwide in April, but Classic Rock Presents is selling a very special Slash fanpack on the newsstands from April 7. See the details and pre-order your copy now!

Roadrunner Records will be releasing the conventional ?Slash? album in the UK on May 10. The album includes brand new tracks from the guitar hero himself including collaborations from Fergie, Chris Cornell, Kid Rock, M Shadows and more.

The Classic Rock Slashpack will be available on magazine newsstands nationwide, in over 3000 non-conventional music retail outlets such as WHSmiths and all supermarket chains and many independent high street newsagents on April 7.

For those of you who just can?t wait, Metal Hammer and Classic Rock have a thousand early bird copies that you can order now for those of you who just can?t wait! Just call 0844 848 2852 to pre-order your exclusive Slash fanpack for just ?14.99 (inclusing P&P within the UK) and be the first to get it on April 7! (Please note, all orders placed outside of the UK will include additional postage and packing fees.)

Or you can order online at play.com or HMV tomorrow from 9 am.

The tracklisting is as follows:

Ghost (Ian Astbury ? The Cult) 3:34
Crucify The Dead (Ozzy Osbourne) 4:04
Beautiful Dangerous (Fergie ? The Black Eyes Peas) 4:35
Promise (Chris Cornell ? Soundgarden/Audioslave) 4:41
By The Sword (Andrew Stockdale ? Wolfmother) 4:50
Gotten (Adam Levine ? Alter Bridge) 5:05
Doctor Alibi (Lemmy ? Motorhead) 3:07
Watch This Dave (Dave Grohl/Duff McKagan) 3:46
I Hold On (Kid Rock) 4:10
Nothing To Say (M Shadows ? Avenged Sevenfold) 5:27
Starlight (Myles Kennedy ? Alter Bridge) 5:35
Saint Is A Sinner Too (Rocco De Luca) 3:28
We?re All Gonna Die (Iggy Pop) 4:30

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1692 on: February 02, 2010, 10:30:12 AM »

They list the bonus tracks...Paradise City.

Pre-Order Slash?s Brand New Solo Album

Slash?s debut solo album, Slash, won?t be released until May in the UK ? but Classic Rock will be selling a very special Slash fan-pack on the newsstands from April 7.

The fan-pack will include an exclusive Slash tribute magazine plus an expanded 15-track version of the guitarist?s hotly anticipated solo album.

The Slash fan-pack comes with a 132-page one-off deluxe edition of Classic Rock dedicated to Slash.

Edited by Mick Wall, the magazine features exclusive interviews with the great man and an in-depth retrospective on his glittering career.

The Slash fan-pack also comes with an giant A1-size Slash poster and a collector?s edition Slash patch.

Roadrunner Records will be releasing the normal Slash album on May 10 ? but it will not include two bonus tracks that will be available with the Classic Rock Slash special.

The bonus tracks are:

* Baby Can?t Drive featuring Slash alongside Alice Cooper and The Pussycat Dolls? Nicole Scherzinger.

* An amazing cover of Guns N? Roses? Paradise City featuring Slash assisted by Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas and Cypress Hill.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/pre-order-brand-slash%E2%80%99s-new-solo-album/

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1693 on: February 02, 2010, 11:56:36 AM »

I do look forward to a lot of the songs on the album, based solely on the singers.  But those "bonus" tracks don't entice me at all. I've heard that abomination of "Paradise City" and I can't say I'm thrilled at the prospects of a Pussycat Doo/Alice Cooper collaboration.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1694 on: February 02, 2010, 12:22:48 PM »

I do look forward to a lot of the songs on the album, based solely on the singers.  But those "bonus" tracks don't entice me at all. I've heard that abomination of "Paradise City" and I can't say I'm thrilled at the prospects of a Pussycat Doo/Alice Cooper collaboration.

I agree I could do without this version of Paradise City.

But I am looking forward to hearing this one.  Cool

Slash:

In the recent press release there is one error; song #1, "Ghost"-Ian Astbury, featuring Izzy Stradlin.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1695 on: February 02, 2010, 12:29:20 PM »

Based on Slash's tweets from when Izzy was in the studio the guitars should have a decidedly old school GNR sound to them, so I am very interested in this song with Ian on vocals as it is sure to be an upbeat rocker if it is leading off the album.
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #1696 on: February 02, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »

"Edited by Mick Wall"

I predict yet more Axl demonising  Roll Eyes
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #1697 on: February 02, 2010, 01:27:53 PM »

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/7021700/Slash/Product.html

Can pre-order it now on play.com, complete with extra Slash pin badge. To hell with it, thats it ordered now. Better be good!

Its had more promo that Chinese Democracy ever did already!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1698 on: February 02, 2010, 02:12:05 PM »

So it looks like the Adler/Flea track didn't make the album.  Sad

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
makane
Legend

« Reply #1699 on: February 02, 2010, 02:31:09 PM »

So it looks like the Adler/Flea track didn't make the album.  Sad
Not that big of a deal, Slash said it would still get released.
Though it would've been nice to have them all at once, but it's not like im going to carry the CD around. All goes on to my computer/ipod/whatever...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: