Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 407638 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1640 on: January 23, 2010, 06:01:43 PM »

@slashhudson: Is your brother Ash going to do the artwork of the album?

From Slash:

@LVJMP Yes, Ash did the logo of my name on the cover, its really cool.

about 4 hours ago from web in reply to LVJMP

And:

I'm performing "Mother Maria" w/Beth Hart for the Help Haiti benefit presented by George Lopez at the Nokia Theater...At the Nokia Theater Feb 4th. The song is from the record "music for relief"

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1641 on: January 23, 2010, 06:52:21 PM »

his guitar playing is beautiful on this track... so fired up to hear this album

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1642 on: January 23, 2010, 07:18:04 PM »

his guitar playing is beautiful on this track... so fired up to hear this album

I know. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something kind of folky mellow, yet kind of an up-beat sound to it. It is very un-slash like as it sounds poppy almost.

My optimism is building for the album at this point as well. It seems like the styles will be all over the place with lots of variety.

Of the 3 songs we have hear so far, his guitar his been pretty awesome on all of them. I still really love By the Sword (can't wait to hear a studio version), like this song as a change of pace, and am indifferent towards Sahara because I don't understand any of the lyrics, but I love the solo on the song.

If nothing else I get the feeling at least that he didn't just mail it in and record an album of AC/DC sounding stuff as some had worried about. As far as song writing goes, Mother Maria is a departure from the normal Slash sound, so at least we know he made an attempt to go outside the box.

Only 2 more months, as it is being released in Japan March 24th supposedly (April 6th here).
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1643 on: January 23, 2010, 11:18:28 PM »

I'm really hooked on this track. The intro has a Spanish / Western - Kill Bill kind of feel to it and I'm really digging female vocals on a track for the first time.
Can somebody be nice enough to transcribe the lyrics? I can make out most of it, but it would be nice to have the whole thing. Smiley

Fuck 'Em All.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1644 on: January 24, 2010, 05:09:15 PM »

I'm really hooked on this track. The intro has a Spanish / Western - Kill Bill kind of feel to it and I'm really digging female vocals on a track for the first time.
Can somebody be nice enough to transcribe the lyrics? I can make out most of it, but it would be nice to have the whole thing. Smiley

This song just flat out kills.  I love it.  Its hard for anyone not to like this song.  This girls voice is so addicting, Slash's fills and solo are so damn tasty.  I love the tone of the guitar and as usual, his phrasing and note selection are just as special as ever.  And Yes, it IS outside the box for Slash!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1645 on: January 25, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »

Eddie Trunk posted his comments about his time with Slash on his blog earlier:

Friday night Slash was nice enough to invite me to his house. We hung out, watched him and his wife fight to get their kids to sleep (even rock stars do that!), and he played me several tracks from the new solo CD coming in April. Slash has always been super cool to me and we have done several things over the years in TV and Radio. Its always cool to talk music with him. The album sounded really good. Great guitar sounds. Every track has different singers and I heard songs that featured M Shadows (Avenged), Ian Astbury, Fergie, Ozzy and an instrumental with Dave Grohl. To be honest the Fergie track was my favorite from one listen. Slash told me she could sing rock and she can! The song had the biggest hook and was just really cool hard rock with strong female vocals, which is hard to find. He also played me a version of her singing Paradise City where at times she sounded like Axl. Slash will tour behind the CD with a singer TBA for the live shows. Cool to see him and I appreciated the invite to his place and the chance to hear the music.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1646 on: January 25, 2010, 06:16:35 PM »

I just turned on Eddie Trunk Live on Sirius and he's playing a Slash song, "Been There Lately".  I've never heard the song before.  Is it possible it's a new song from the upcoming album?  I'll keep listening to see if he mentions anything.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1647 on: January 25, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »

I just turned on Eddie Trunk Live on Sirius and he's playing a Slash song, "Been There Lately".  I've never heard the song before.  Is it possible it's a new song from the upcoming album?  I'll keep listening to see if he mentions anything.

Been There Lately is from the 2nd Snakepit Album, the first song off that album.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1648 on: January 25, 2010, 06:23:36 PM »

Been There Lately is from the 2nd Snakepit Album, the first song off that album.
Thanks, I just got home and did a search and found that out.  If you couldn't tell, I never got into Snakepit.  Song sounded alright, but I will say I'm glad it's not from the upcoming solo album because it didn't sound THAT good.

Sirius just labeled the song as "Slash" as the artist, not Slash's Snakepit, so they had me wondering.  Bastards!

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1649 on: January 25, 2010, 06:44:53 PM »

Thanks, I just got home and did a search and found that out.  If you couldn't tell, I never got into Snakepit.  Song sounded alright, but I will say I'm glad it's not from the upcoming solo album because it didn't sound THAT good.

Sirius just labeled the song as "Slash" as the artist, not Slash's Snakepit, so they had me wondering.  Bastards!

Both Snakepit albums have awesome riffs and good solos!

Here is a live video of the song you heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUnwm3I-TtI
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:46:34 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1650 on: January 25, 2010, 06:59:43 PM »

Faldor, this is off topic, but man, this song here is awesome, hard not to like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkoefI5MQ8M
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1651 on: January 25, 2010, 07:07:28 PM »

yeah, the music kicks ass to these songs

I always laugh at people who say Slash hasn't done anything since GNR.

The vocalist and lyrics are terrible but the music is awesome

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1652 on: January 25, 2010, 07:25:59 PM »

yeah, the music kicks ass to these songs

I always laugh at people who say Slash hasn't done anything since GNR.

The vocalist and lyrics are terrible but the music is awesome
Isn't it sort of a package deal?  Yngwei Malmsteen had some great riffs and solos as well, but without quality lyrics and vocals to go along with it's not all that memorable.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1653 on: January 25, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »

yeah, in a way i do agree with that but Slash is a guitar player so u have to judge him on Guitar playing... just as u would judge a singer on vocals/melodies and lyrics.

Those lyrics to that song posted on YT above are just hideously embarrasingly bad. Momma i borrowed the car.... WTF

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1654 on: January 25, 2010, 07:39:46 PM »

Faldor, this is off topic, but man, this song here is awesome, hard not to like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkoefI5MQ8M
I actually think I like "Been There Lately" more.  It's got more of that dirty sleazy feel to it.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1655 on: January 25, 2010, 08:00:29 PM »

Friday night Slash was nice enough to invite me to his house. We hung out, watched him and his wife fight to get their kids to sleep (even rock stars do that!), and he played me several tracks from the new solo CD coming in April. Slash has always been super cool to me and we have done several things over the years in TV and Radio. Its always cool to talk music with him. The album sounded really good. Great guitar sounds. Every track has different singers and I heard songs that featured M Shadows (Avenged), Ian Astbury, Fergie, Ozzy and an instrumental with Dave Grohl. To be honest the Fergie track was my favorite from one listen. Slash told me she could sing rock and she can! The song had the biggest hook and was just really cool hard rock with strong female vocals, which is hard to find. He also played me a version of her singing Paradise City where at times she sounded like Axl. Slash will tour behind the CD with a singer TBA for the live shows. Cool to see him and I appreciated the invite to his place and the chance to hear the music.
Eddie just commented on his meeting with Slash on his Sirius show.  Pretty much said the same exact thing as he posted in his blog.  Mentioned how he thought the Fergie track was the best.

Could THAT be the first single?  Might make the most sense as far as pushing units goes.  She's immensely popular these days.  I'd personally like to see the Kid Rock track (he is on the album right?) lead things off.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1656 on: January 25, 2010, 08:03:08 PM »

I'd personally like to see the Kid Rock track (he is on the album right?) lead things off.
I think so
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1657 on: January 25, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »

To be honest the Fergie track was my favorite from one listen.

I'm not sure what to make of this comment, that surprised me, I hope the Fergie track is just really good.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1658 on: January 25, 2010, 10:14:13 PM »

Eddie Trunk himself is more a pop Metal guy anyway.  I like Eddie, but he isn't someone I would base my hope of the album off of.  I think the Marc Canter comments were very intriguing as well.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1659 on: January 25, 2010, 10:15:50 PM »

yeah, in a way i do agree with that but Slash is a guitar player so u have to judge him on Guitar playing... just as u would judge a singer on vocals/melodies and lyrics.

Those lyrics to that song posted on YT above are just hideously embarrasingly bad. Momma i borrowed the car.... WTF

D, I did kind of like Dover's voice, but the music to that song is awesome.  What was cool is Gilby got to solo a lot during the song, then Slash's solo comes in, it was a pretty epic solo.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: