Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:26:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 407970 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1580 on: January 08, 2010, 01:17:06 PM »

And for those who didn't listen to Perla's interview in the Psychic Hollywood thread, at the end she talks about his solo album.

Apparently Slash has been playing his new album for the elementary school kids that he carpools.  They like it. Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1581 on: January 08, 2010, 01:45:45 PM »

And for those who didn't listen to Perla's interview in the Psychic Hollywood thread, at the end she talks about his solo album.

Apparently Slash has been playing his new album for the elementary school kids that he carpools.  They like it. Cheesy

I did listen to the interview and that part about the kids was a real kick. You know, kids are very honest because they don't know better so they really must like the album. Myself, can't wait to hear it.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1582 on: January 08, 2010, 01:56:48 PM »

Something else that's a real kick for me is Slash driving a carpool. I remember when I was a young GnR fan hanging out at the Rainbow in Hollywood and seeing Slash and Axl in there constantly. My friend's and I never actually met them because we didn't approach them because of a strict policy we had against bothering celebs. To me it's just funny thinking of the Slash from those days driving a carload of kids to school. Never really thought I'd see the day!

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1583 on: January 08, 2010, 02:37:35 PM »

Something else that's a real kick for me is Slash driving a carpool. I remember when I was a young GnR fan hanging out at the Rainbow in Hollywood and seeing Slash and Axl in there constantly. My friend's and I never actually met them because we didn't approach them because of a strict policy we had against bothering celebs. To me it's just funny thinking of the Slash from those days driving a carload of kids to school. Never really thought I'd see the day!

well, the dude is in his 40's now and I guess thats what parents with young kids do; no matter how famous hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1584 on: January 08, 2010, 03:49:06 PM »

still think Slash should've had Adler,Duff and Izzy all on the same track with him. would've been monumental!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1585 on: January 08, 2010, 06:51:34 PM »

well, the dude is in his 40's now and I guess thats what parents with young kids do; no matter how famous hihi

Guess so lol!

Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #1586 on: January 10, 2010, 02:45:47 PM »

About 2 hours ago off Facebook...

In answer to all your questions, the record should come out in April. I will announce tour dates asap, I want to play all over.

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1587 on: January 13, 2010, 09:49:11 AM »

Whats the deal with Slash' album in the UK. Sure I read something about them releasing it with a special edition of Classic rock Magazine. This month, no mention of that in the mag?

So its done and he's ready to tour, wheres my god-damm CD then?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1588 on: January 13, 2010, 09:55:58 AM »

Whats the deal with Slash' album in the UK. Sure I read something about them releasing it with a special edition of Classic rock Magazine. This month, no mention of that in the mag?

So its done and he's ready to tour, wheres my god-damm CD then?

I thought people on GNR boards were a little more patient  hihi

I think it might be in the febuary or march edition.  There was never any further details on that.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1589 on: January 13, 2010, 10:10:00 AM »

I think it might be in the febuary or march edition.  There was never any further details on that.

The release of the "fan pack" in Classic Rock Magazine was reported to be a month before the general release.

Slash said the album would be released in April, so yeah, probably in the February or March issue depending on when it drops.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:16:59 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1590 on: January 13, 2010, 11:13:15 AM »

The release of the "fan pack" in Classic Rock Magazine was reported to be a month before the general release.

Slash said the album would be released in April, so yeah, probably in the February or March issue depending on when it drops.

It's going to be a SPECIAL EDITION of Classic Rock magazine, out in March.
It's not going to be in the regular March issue.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1591 on: January 13, 2010, 11:28:39 AM »

It's going to be a SPECIAL EDITION of Classic Rock magazine, out in March.
It's not going to be in the regular March issue.

Yeah, some details here:

Slash - New Distribution Model For Solo Album

In a revolutionary move, Future and Roadrunner Records will create the first-ever "Fan Pack" release - giving UK fans the world premiere of the Slash album before it receives a standard release elsewhere. The Fan Pack comes with its own collectable issue of Future's Classic Rock Magazine - Classic Rock Presents: Slash - a 132-page Slash special bringing the album and his successful career into context, with new features from leading music journalists and exclusive input from Slash himself.

http://www.ilikemusic.com/music_news/Slash_Innovative_Distribution_Model_For_Solo_Album-8482/2

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 11:43:01 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1592 on: January 13, 2010, 11:43:12 AM »

From Snakepit:

SLASH is mixing his album and is doing it entirely on tape. The entire album was recorded analogue. It will be released in April, and there will be tours to promote the album. It will be released in all formats including vinyl. The first release will be through the "FanPack" release to include a 132 page special issue of Classic Rock for 14.99 pounds. This special release will be out a month before the CD alone is out. Note that the new album is not titled, as rumored, SLASH and Friends, but SLASH. SLASH is signed to Roadrunner Records for Europe, and U.S. distributor will be announced soon. Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge recently spoke out about his work on SLASH. Kennedy wrote a song and recorded it with SLASH. Kennedy said, "To say it was an honor would be an understatement." The single "Sahara" by Japanese singer Koshi Inaba was released November 11. The B side is "Paradise City" featuring Fergie and Cypress Hill. SLASH said neither will be on the album, but we recently read that he is reconsidering. Another single featuring Ozzy is scheduled to be out in January. Other guests are Alice Cooper, Lemmy, Duff, Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin, Dave Grohl, Flea, Iggy Pop, Kid Rock, Chris Cornell, Myles Kennedy, Fergie, Adam Levine and Andrew Stockdale. Killer!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1593 on: January 13, 2010, 04:45:23 PM »

This Lorenzo guy is persistent..and confident. Cheesy  But it's for a good cause...

From Slash:

Looking into organizing a big fund raiser concert for Haiti.

about an hour ago via Text Message

From Lorenzo Greene:

Slash, it's Lorenzo. I will put up $1000.00 cash and you bring me up onstage to do Patience and I will bring the house down w/ the way I perform it. Check my YouTube version of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUt80F75Vdk

Hit me up, I'm local Burbank area so rehearsal is no problem.

28 minutes ago

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1594 on: January 13, 2010, 05:01:56 PM »

gotta say that that's pretty damn cool from that lorenzo dude! slash can't say no to that
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #1595 on: January 13, 2010, 08:50:40 PM »

What a GREAT, GREAT voice Lorenzo has. The guy reminds me Ozzy, I think that is the Man for Velvet Revolver.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1596 on: January 13, 2010, 11:55:33 PM »

gotta say that that's pretty damn cool from that lorenzo dude! slash can't say no to that

Agree, he can't say no, and its for a good cause!  Do it SLASH!!!!!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1597 on: January 14, 2010, 01:34:25 AM »

Lorenzo has a great voice, but I don't think he's the right man for VR. I don't think he has much skill in the writing department, which is what matters.

Fuck 'Em All.
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1598 on: January 14, 2010, 08:06:41 AM »

thanks for the replys about the album/fan pack guys

ok ok
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #1599 on: January 14, 2010, 06:02:01 PM »

I'm not impressed with Lorenzo's offer. He's an unknown wanting to pay his way into some attention.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: