Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 09:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 408446 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1540 on: December 19, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »

if he has Fergie. That will suck

Fergie and Franky would be pretty good.  I think Fergie does great singing rock.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1541 on: December 19, 2009, 02:16:32 PM »

Fergie as the touring singer???

Not a chance..

Smart money says Franky Perez...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1542 on: December 19, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »

Not a chance..

I think he needs a bigger name to get buts in the seats...  Franky is a good singer, but he seems to lack that "it" factor. 
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1543 on: December 19, 2009, 02:54:33 PM »

Not a chance..

I think he needs a bigger name to get buts in the seats...

I don't think that'll happen..

It's not like this is some arena rock endeavor (unless they open for someone), they'll probably be playing clubs/theatres here in the states.  Places like The Warfield in SF, Joint in LV, Nokia in LA, Terminal 5 in NYC and assorted House of Blues..

Just my opinion..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 03:00:59 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1544 on: December 19, 2009, 03:05:07 PM »

Not a chance..

I think he needs a bigger name to get buts in the seats...

I don't think that'll happen..

It's not like this is some arena rock endeavor (unless they open for someone), they'll probably be playing clubs/theatres here in the states.  Places like The Warfield in SF, Joint in LV, Nokia in LA, Terminal 5 in NYC and assorted House of Blues..

Just my opinion..

Good point, and, I prefer that!  I love small shows like that.  Franky will do fine.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #1545 on: December 19, 2009, 04:58:27 PM »

Regarding Fergie, Black Eyes Peas are on tour until mid-April.

Andrew Stockdale and Wolfmother are on tour until early March.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1546 on: December 19, 2009, 05:43:13 PM »

Not a chance..

I think he needs a bigger name to get buts in the seats...  Franky is a good singer, but he seems to lack that "it" factor. 
Unfortunately the big name singers who would get butts in the seats are busy getting butts in the seats for their OWN shows.  No time to help Slash out.  Franky, as far as I know, doesn't have any commitments, so he would make sense.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #1547 on: December 20, 2009, 11:48:54 AM »

He doesn't need anyone's name to get people in seats ; he is slash lol won't be fergie I'm saying frankie as well
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1548 on: December 20, 2009, 01:37:06 PM »

LOL@ people who think only singers attract an audience.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1549 on: December 20, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »

i wish Slash would work with Prince.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1550 on: December 20, 2009, 06:50:25 PM »

LOL@ people who think only singers attract an audience.
A well known singer certainly wouldn't hurt his cause. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1551 on: December 20, 2009, 09:56:53 PM »

@SlashHudson Hey man, any chance of findin out the name of the song you recorded with Ronnie Wood for your new record?

From Slash:

@rockinrosss Ronnie is not on my record, I'm on his & I can't remeber the names of the songs.   

37 minutes ago   from TwitterBerry  in reply to rockinrosss 

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1552 on: December 20, 2009, 10:40:54 PM »

i wish Slash would work with Prince.

I don't think that Slash really cares for Prince. I don't mean Prince as a musician, I mean Prince as a person. A long time ago I read an interview with Slash and he mentioned something about meeting Prince and he was really arrogant. I can't remember what Slash said exactly because the interview was a long time ago but I certainly remember that Slash thought he was an ass.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1553 on: December 21, 2009, 06:08:23 AM »

How about Steven Tylor? That would kick asses!

"...It don't really matter..."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1554 on: December 21, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »

How about Steven Tylor? That would kick asses!
Steven has said he wants to focus on "Brand Tyler", which I would assume means HIS solo stuff, not Slash's.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1555 on: December 21, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »

@SlashHudson Hey Slash, is Meat Loaf going to sing on your album? Thanks.

@MackArillo. No, Meatloaf didn't sing on my record, but Meatloaf is badass.   

about 4 hours ago   from TwitterBerry  in reply to MackArillo 

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1556 on: December 23, 2009, 01:23:54 AM »

@SlashHudson do u still have the guitar u used on appetite

From Slash:

@susan01563. I do, I used it for this last record I just did. As well as all the post "Appetite" GNR & Snakepit & VR.   

about 9 hours ago   from TwitterBerry  in reply to susan01563 

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1557 on: December 23, 2009, 05:56:39 PM »

SLASH: New Solo Album Due In April - Dec. 23, 2009

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash has issued the following update:

"I'll be staying in town for the holidays, but I'm doing a poker tourney in the Bahamas first week of January, which is a benefit for 'The Foundation for AIDS Research,' or AMFAR. It should be a cool trip and it's for an important cause.

"The mastering session of my solo record is done. We did it at Sterling Sound with George Marino, who is hands down the most genius mastering engineer I've ever worked with. He is the perfect engineer to best bring out the dynamic nuances of the analog recording and I'm ecstatic with the results.

"Although it is not in my nature to brag about how good the performances are or how good the songs are, I will say, between [producer] Eric Valentine and George Marino, it is a fucking great-sounding record.

"We are now in the process of mixing the special bonus tracks which should be done next week. Then we will master those and be done with the whole recording, mixing, mastering process.

"I should be signing a U.S. distribution deal in the coming days, I will announce who with as soon as I do. We're still looking at an April release so far.

"I'll be at the NAMM show next year announcing the new 'Slash model' Marshall, as well as a new signature Les Paul and a signature set of Seymour Duncan pickups, all of which will be available early in the new year. I played the new 'Slash model' prototype with the new Seymour Duncan pickups at the KLOS Christmas Show at the Nokia recently and they sound fantastic. The performance was a little loose, but the guitar sounded great."

Slash will release his debut solo album, "Slash", in the spring in Europe via Roadrunner Records.

"Slash" will see Roadrunner Records enter into a unique and innovative association with a U.K. media partner ? the special-interest media group Future. In a brand new concept in record distribution, the standard album release will be preceded by a "Fan Pack," in which the Roadrunner Records album will be bundled together with a highly collectable, 132-page special issue of Future Publishing's Classic Rock magazine dedicated to Slash's career. This will be the first format of the album available anywhere in the world.

The partnership is a first for music and media industries, marking the first-time a major new album has been released this way. The partnership ensures that Slash's new album is available through over 4,000 U.K. retailers that stock Classic Rock ? sidestepping the issue of dwindling high street music outlets and top 20 only stocking in supermarkets. Classic Rock is one of the U.K.'s biggest rock music magazines and this year recorded its eighth consecutive circulation increase, the only paid-for music magazine to grow.

The Slash "Fan Pack" featuring his debut solo album from Roadrunner Records, along with a 132-page "Classic Rock Presents: Slash" special will have a cover price of ?14.99.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132488

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1558 on: December 23, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »

Quote from: Slash
Although it is not in my nature to brag about how good the performances are or how good the songs are

LOL

J/K, this album should be good. I wonder how many songs will be on it with these 'bonus tracks'....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1559 on: December 23, 2009, 09:36:34 PM »

I'm sure his stuff will be good, who he has on vocals for each track is what makes me wonder though....

Is this going to be a Santana type CD?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: