Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:41:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 407097 times)
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2009, 08:51:02 PM »

Slash is updating his Twitter page with information on guests for his solo album.  He mentions:

Ronnie Wood
Patrick Keeler
Kid Rock
M. Shadows

http://twitter.com/SlashHudson

This is going to be a FANTASTIC lineup. I cannot wait.  I am really pumped about the Kid Rock song too.

won't this be like the first time kid rock has sung over newly created music...

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2009, 08:52:12 PM »

Slash is updating his Twitter page with information on guests for his solo album.  He mentions:

Ronnie Wood
Patrick Keeler
Kid Rock
M. Shadows

http://twitter.com/SlashHudson

This is going to be a FANTASTIC lineup. I cannot wait.  I am really pumped about the Kid Rock song too.

won't this be like the first time kid rock has sung over newly created music...

Good one!  I liked his tune "So Hott", proved to me he could sing Rock Music. 
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2009, 04:33:17 PM »

Bach said last year that he'll work with Slash (but not in VR). I assumed that he'll collaborate in the solo record...
Anyways, after Axl referring Slash as a cancer I don't know...  Huh He's very loyal with Axl, but I think he'lll be on Slash album too...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2009, 05:25:44 PM »

SLASH To Play On Instrumental Version Of LED ZEPPELIN's 'Kashmr' - Mar. 14, 2009

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash has posted the following message on his MySpace page:

"Just wanted to update you on what's going to be happening in the next few weeks.
Week after next, I'm going into the studio to start recording [my solo album]. I've made a ton of headway getting some killer songs written with some very profound individuals over the last couple of months. It's going to be an amazing record. Next week, however, I'm going to do some guitar work for an instrumental version of LED ZEPPELIN's 'Kashmir', performed by ESCALA, an all-girl string quartet from the U.K."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116149

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2009, 01:26:58 PM »

Bach said last year that he'll work with Slash (but not in VR). I assumed that he'll collaborate in the solo record...
Anyways, after Axl referring Slash as a cancer I don't know...  Huh He's very loyal with Axl, but I think he'lll be on Slash album too...

it wasn't for slash's solo record either, it was for a new "superband" but didn't happen  ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2009, 11:22:38 PM »

Will Kid Rock be on Slash's solo album?

Biggest moment came when I managed to get Slash to call in live from a studio where he was with Kid Rock live on air. Really cool moment. Slash is a solid guy and always comes through for me when I call on him, which I greatly appreciate.

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/407373/pid/401816

Will Slash be on Kid Rock's album?

Kid Rock 'On Fire' In The Studio
March 16, 2009

Kid Rock says he's "on fire" in the studio, which has led him to scuttle plans to tour this spring in order to finish work on his follow-up to 2007's double-platinum album "Rock N Roll Jesus."

Rock has been working at his Allen Roadhouse studio in the Detroit suburbs with his Twisted Brown Trucker Band -- particularly guitarist Marlon Young, who co-wrote several songs on "Jesus" -- as well as good friend Uncle Kracker and longtime engineer Al Sutton. Rock hopes to have the album finished before he hits the road this summer and put it out in the fourth quarter.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/kid-rock-on-fire-in-the-studio-1003951618.story

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »

Its possible, maybe one of the kick ass songs are for Slash's album!?!?!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2009, 09:58:46 AM »

Steven Adler says in this interview that Slash told him he could play on one song "that's all I want -- once I get my foot in the door, the magic will happen"

(3:20)

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/0323adl.shtml

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »

Steven Adler says in this interview that Slash told him he could play on one song "that's all I want -- once I get my foot in the door, the magic will happen"

(3:20)

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/0323adl.shtml

That is TERRIFIC and good for Adler, I know this will make him happy!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2009, 07:01:47 PM »

Ah crap was just about to post this^, but I see funkyMonkey beat me to it once again.

In all honesty I'm getting really excited by all the names floating around in relation to slash's solo album can't wait for this thing to come out. beer
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2009, 11:02:20 AM »

Slash posted this on his official twitter:

"Gear loads in tomorrow, Josh Freese & Chris Chaney playing drums & bass respectfully."

Freese with slash on a track will be interesting !

Thanks Giant Robot...
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2009, 01:32:44 PM »

Also Steven Adler confirmed in his recent interview (sonic excess) that he'll be in Slash's album...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2009, 04:59:10 PM »

Hmmm...

Josh Freese or Popcorn...Josh Freese or Popcorn...

Thinking...thinking.. Wink

That's a tough one rofl

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2009, 05:09:04 PM »

Hmmm...

Josh Freese or Popcorn...Josh Freese or Popcorn...

Thinking...thinking.. Wink

That's a tough one rofl

lollerscates hihi
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2009, 09:40:30 AM »

March 25, 2009 - Wednesday

weekly update!

"hey, how is everybody? I start recording my solo cd today with Josh Freese on drums & Chris Chaney on bass, with Eric Valentine producing. I know you're saying "didn't Josh play with Axl's Guns N Roses?!" He did in the 90's for a while but left after a couple years, so I don't know if it counts much. Besides, that doesn't undermine that he is an amazing drummer.

I've been reading your messages & there is a handful of questions that a lot of you have in common. One question that a lot of you want to know is, who is singing on this record, but unfortunately, I can't divulge that info yet, but you'll know soon enough. I will say however, that they are fantastically talented songwriters who its been an honor to work & write with, to say the least.

Ok, that's all for this week, I'll be in touch next week with a progress report on the solo record sessions.

Cheers,
Slash iiii|| ; )

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=420167906&blogId=479020693
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 05:11:37 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2009, 03:30:04 PM »

" I know you're saying "didn't Josh play with Axl's Guns N Roses?!" He did in the 90's for a while but left after a couple years, so I don't know if it counts much. Besides, that doesn't undermine that he is an amazing drummer.

If i understand what slash is saying...... how does playing in "Axl's Guns N' Roses" make you a rubbish drummer  Huh

I rather have Axl version of GN'R.... then $la$h version of GN'R..... rod jackson anyone ?  rofl

Thanks Giant Robot...
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »

" I know you're saying "didn't Josh play with Axl's Guns N Roses?!" He did in the 90's for a while but left after a couple years, so I don't know if it counts much. Besides, that doesn't undermine that he is an amazing drummer.

If i understand what slash is saying...... how does playing in "Axl's Guns N' Roses" make you a rubbish drummer  Huh

I rather have Axl version of GN'R.... then $la$h version of GN'R..... rod jackson anyone ?  rofl

Who said anything about it making him a rubbish drummer?

I think it was more along the lines for the fanatics thinking how could they play together because of it.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2009, 04:01:05 PM »

Difference is, Slash never claimed it to be GNR...  Wink

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2009, 04:21:56 PM »

I didn't take it that way, but when I read it...it comes across a little like an unnecessary dig.  Undecided

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #159 on: March 30, 2009, 10:50:55 PM »

Difference is, Slash never claimed it to be GNR...  Wink
thats why its VR drool

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: