Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:40:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428278 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1300 on: November 12, 2009, 01:39:07 PM »

I'll take that as a no, people won't stop going round and round in circles, despite the fact that no one's going to change anyone's mind and it's just a waste of effort from all involved.

hihi  This is after only 2 songs.  Just think what it will be like when the album comes out!  I already dread it........
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1301 on: November 12, 2009, 02:05:50 PM »

I'll take that as a no, people won't stop going round and round in circles, despite the fact that no one's going to change anyone's mind and it's just a waste of effort from all involved.

hihi  This is after only 2 songs.  Just think what it will be like when the album comes out!  I already dread it........

Personally, if I disliked Slash so much, I wouldn't support him by buying the album and therefore wouldn't be in a position to comment on it. That's just me though.... Tongue

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
The Weisenheimer
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #1302 on: November 12, 2009, 02:14:25 PM »

I do however think he was by far without a doubt the best guitarist GnR has ever had and find it even more amusing that people who are fans of GnR hate him so much.  

He hasn't done anything I love since he left GN'R.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Everything he's done has been the same kind of "enjoy right now and then forget about it" stuff. I liked the Snakepit stuff at first. I guess I wanted to like it and then when I went back to listen to it a few months later, it was just not as I had remembered. Same thing happened with his other band.

And apparently I'm not allowed to think that because "I hate Slash".  Roll Eyes

I have to mention Axl because that's the only way to prove that you talking (amongest others) nonsense and should mind your own business (Axl's business). Axl's mindset = Your mindset

You should just keep those thoughts to yourself if you want to keep posting here.

This topic is about Slash.

I should mind my own business? How about you shut the fuck up and logout before it's too late for you?

Next time you want to make personal attacks aimed at me, I will kick you the fuck out so you can cry about getting banned because we don't agree.  ok

Don't think I'll try to be nice to some Slash troll with an agenda.

/jarmo

since I ain't a computernerd I didn't know what you mean by "troll". at first I thought I was exposed to some nerdy knowledge of Lord of the Rings but now I got it!

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

that definition goes perfectly with your first comment about Slashs new music --> "Wow! It makes David Hasselhoff seem like a musical genius!" - Jarmo

just shows me that I'm dealing with a ignorant protozoa who applies double standards! so go on to act little Hitler
(metaphorically speaking) and please delete me. no, thats an order: DELETE ME!!!!!!!!!!  ORDER! DO IT!!

I begin to dig the PC cover by the way

You can say "You" to me!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1303 on: November 12, 2009, 02:17:15 PM »

#   Looks like I'll start touring early next year when the record comes out, so looking forward to it.   

about 4 hours ago   from UberTwitter   

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1304 on: November 12, 2009, 02:35:02 PM »

UberTwitter   

Wow, I'm not even on regular Twitter but that sounds awesome.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1305 on: November 12, 2009, 03:37:16 PM »

B-Side or not, limited Japanese edition or not, the point it is has been released. 

And because of YouTube and all of the media that picked up the story, a lot of people have heard the songs and it's the first taste of the album (even though these song will not be included).  I just read this at LimeWire.com:

This morning brings a veritable Goofus and Gallant of cover versions. I?ll let you guess which one Slash?s version of Guns ?N Roses? ?Paradise City? ? featuring Fergie and Cypress Hill! ? is. The song was released as a Japan-only B-side to ?Sahara,? the forgettable lead single from the guitarist?s new solo album. Check out the carnage below:

Of course, Slash can still shred with the best of them. But even Cypress Hill?s gratuitous rapping can?t save him here. Of course, shit really starts to make your ears bleed when Fergie starts howling. Why, Slash, why?  Desperate to get that horrible rendition of ?Paradise City? out of your head?

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1306 on: November 12, 2009, 04:10:25 PM »

wow.. i've never heard of a b side of a japanese only release get so much attention.  good or bad this was a briliant marketing move.  look at all of the free press he is getting.   can anyone else even name a b side that was only released on a japanese single??  this might be the most popular jpanese bside of all time.  well done!!!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #1307 on: November 12, 2009, 04:30:24 PM »

wow.. i've never heard of a b side of a japanese only release get so much attention.  good or bad this was a briliant marketing move.  look at all of the free press he is getting.   can anyone else even name a b side that was only released on a japanese single??  this might be the most popular jpanese bside of all time.  well done!!!

what about artistic integrity? a lot of musicians seem to care about it.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1308 on: November 12, 2009, 04:32:02 PM »

Hmmm....not sure this is the press you necessarily want. Everyone saying you butchered PC? He should have just released Sahara and left well enough alone. Plus this solo album isn't going to be a bunch of GNR covers with different people singing them. Why put that out there as a "preview" of the album?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 04:40:47 PM by LunsJail » Logged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1309 on: November 12, 2009, 05:01:26 PM »

like i've said.. its a b side a single only released in japan.. i really don't think its ment as a preview to the album.. how often does anyone really take the time to seek out a bside from a single only released in japan???   i know its mostly bad press.. but but its still press.. look at mel gibson's the passion.. a mediocre movie.. it got terrible press.. people even protested about it.. and it was the best thing could have happend to the movie.. ended up scoring over 100mm at the box office.. kinda a stupid analogy.. but in marketing.. any press is good press.  the single.. terrible or not is bringing a  lot of attention to the album.  from a marketing standpoint it was a great move..

as far as musical Integrity goes... i could careless..  unless you are axl, izzy, adler or duff.. i don't see why you would personally care what happens to the song.   
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1310 on: November 12, 2009, 05:35:02 PM »

as far as musical Integrity goes... i could careless..  unless you are axl, izzy, adler or duff.. i don't see why you would personally care what happens to the song.   

In our Youtube/Limewire world there is no such thing as "released only in Japan".

Also, I'm not saying he butchered the song, I've never heard it actually. The media who have commented on it seem to be saying that. I just think covering PC is quite the risky move. Actually any band covering any GNR song is a risky move.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1311 on: November 12, 2009, 06:01:08 PM »

There are a lot of positive comments on the song as well.  The more you hear it, the more it grows on you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1312 on: November 12, 2009, 06:55:44 PM »

There are a lot of positive comments on the song as well.  The more you hear it, the more it grows on you.

I tried.  The song got worse.

There is no soul, no emotion.  Not in the guitar playing, the rapping, or the beats.

This made me really miss Steven Adler.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1313 on: November 12, 2009, 07:16:19 PM »

There is no soul, no emotion.  Not in the guitar playing, the rapping, or the beats.

I miss Adler too.. I thought Slash had some new cool licks thought! 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1314 on: November 12, 2009, 07:27:32 PM »

yah it'll be interresting to hear him on the song he's on smoking
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1315 on: November 12, 2009, 07:44:56 PM »

If you could point them out to me (timewise), that would be great.
carmiedisco12
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1316 on: November 12, 2009, 08:41:09 PM »

If Fergie had have sung the whole song I actually think PC would have been pretty damn cool.....oh and Dave Grohl drumming Smiley Her voice is fantastic.

As for Saharah....pee ewwww

If thats a first single then the albums gonna suck big time. I know this has been beat to death but it's sad that Axl's songs are  better than the ones Slash releases (as a rule) yet the tone and sound of the guitars on these 2 songs would have been sooo good on CD...sigh.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1317 on: November 12, 2009, 08:55:03 PM »

I don't mind him playing the song but I am not crazy about Fergie

If let's say Axl did a Walk This Way type thing with PC and had like a duet with Eminem and 50 Cent, that would be awesome.

So, I have no problem with Slash doing the song or any song as long as he does it with the right people.

If Slash wanted to do a Welcome To The Jungle and have Steven Tyler sing it, I doubt anybody would object.

I think its stupid saying anyone is ruining any kind of legacy

Slash has cemented his by what he did in GNR and just like with Axl, if he never released CD or even now, if he decided to retire, his legacy also is cemented and nothing or nobody can take anything away from it.

EDIT: just listened and holy shit that sucks.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 09:02:26 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1318 on: November 12, 2009, 10:12:42 PM »

Track-by-track review

And that's not all: as we type, two of MusicRadar's intrepid reporters are listening to the album and questioning the top hat-wearing monster of rock. We'll be posting the interview, exclusive video and a track-by-track album walkthrough from Slash himself as soon as possible. Watch this space?

MusicRadar

I've checked back to see if they've posted this yet, and they haven't.  And now it appears that the article has been deleted. Huh

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1319 on: November 12, 2009, 10:38:26 PM »

If Fergie had have sung the whole song I actually think PC would have been pretty damn cool.....oh and Dave Grohl drumming Smiley Her voice is fantastic.

As for Saharah....pee ewwww

If thats a first single then the albums gonna suck big time. I know this has been beat to death but it's sad that Axl's songs are  better than the ones Slash releases (as a rule) yet the tone and sound of the guitars on these 2 songs would have been sooo good on CD...sigh.

i agree.. if the first single is IN JAPANESE the album is going to suck... for zillianth time this just a japanese single with a cover as a b side.. neither will be on the US album.. its only for japan.  i'm going out on a limb and guessing the rest of the album won't be anything like these 2 songs
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: