Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 428608 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1020 on: October 27, 2009, 11:15:35 PM »

For those that hate everything Slash did after GNR, this was GNR level quality post GNR...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4suWBfAWQ
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1021 on: October 27, 2009, 11:39:32 PM »

For those that hate everything Slash did after GNR, this was GNR level quality post GNR...

That was some good stuff.  I loved some of Slash's playing in VR, he just wasn't showcased enough, which was odd since he was the STAR of the band.  Never cared for his Snakepit or Blues Ball stuff, though I never really delved into either too deeply.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1022 on: October 28, 2009, 12:34:12 AM »

Slash from a year or go or so on Nighttrain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QvpnPRnhsM

Buckethead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk7plGs3RP0

I chose the above Slash solo because it was the first time he played that solo live in a VERY long time and it was closer to Bucket's performance.  Hell, I liked the live at the ritz version from  88'.  Anyway, they both rock.  I think Slash's has a little more grit and attitude.  Bucket is more melodic.  Both great.

Going with the Slash one

Bucket is amazing don't get me wrong but sometimes he plays super fast but doesn't really play anything if that makes sense......... I feel no big adrenaline rush when Bucket plays that but when Slash plays it, I feel like running

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1023 on: October 28, 2009, 03:28:57 AM »

I loved some of Slash's playing in VR, he just wasn't showcased enough, which was odd since he was the STAR of the band.

I always thought this too but assumed that Scott was probably against the big guitar solo's and guitar wanking  hihi

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1024 on: October 28, 2009, 06:26:30 AM »

Slash from a year or go or so on Nighttrain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QvpnPRnhsM

Buckethead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk7plGs3RP0

I chose the above Slash solo because it was the first time he played that solo live in a VERY long time and it was closer to Bucket's performance.  Hell, I liked the live at the ritz version from  88'.  Anyway, they both rock.  I think Slash's has a little more grit and attitude.  Bucket is more melodic.  Both great.

I'll go with the performance at Rock am Ring in 2006 for my all-time favourite performance of Nightrain.  Bumblefoot and Richard rip through the solos in that song.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1025 on: October 28, 2009, 06:30:31 AM »

Nightrain has gotta be Slash in my opinion, he just brought so much feel to it! 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1026 on: October 28, 2009, 08:52:07 AM »

Keep talking about his solo album.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1027 on: October 28, 2009, 09:01:29 AM »

i know, some chance of that happening now it would seem.  hihi

Ah well, it was a decent thread for a while for the people actually interested.  its getting close to being locked now i imagine.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1028 on: October 28, 2009, 09:14:17 AM »

i know, some chance of that happening now it would seem.  hihi

Ah well, it was a decent thread for a while for the people actually interested.  its getting close to being locked now i imagine.

would have to agree; why do these threads always turn into slash's work w GnR vs Slash's replacements in GnR Huh

but if anyone remembers the late 80's; slash was the exact opposite lead guitarist of what was popular in the rock/metal scene back in the day
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1029 on: October 28, 2009, 09:22:51 AM »

would have to agree; why do these threads always turn into slash's work w GnR vs Slash's replacements in GnR

If anyone mentions ex members they get told to fuck off into this section.  But then the same people follow in and mention buckethead.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1030 on: October 28, 2009, 09:26:01 AM »

If anyone mentions ex members they get told to fuck off into this section.  But then the same people follow in and mention buckethead.

Stop acting so innocent.

How often do you guys, who should be focusing on Fergie, like to mention Axl/GN'R in this section?

If the topics here doesn't interest you, maybe there's no need for them?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1031 on: October 28, 2009, 09:35:50 AM »

Stop acting so innocent.

How often do you guys, who should be focusing on Fergie, like to mention Axl/GN'R in this section?

i know im not some kind of Saint either, i try to enjoy both sections as much as possible.
But, if you read the first 30 pages of this thread it was actually interesting to a lot of people and was been discussed in a decent way.
Until the Japanese B-side story sparked an invasion lol.

To summarise, the topic was cool and got quite interesting when the B-side story came along also, but then some people started talking about how great BH is on guitar and we seem to have lost all sight of the topic.

Maybe we should just start a new one from scratch called "Slash solo album due in FEB/MAR 2010"

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1032 on: October 28, 2009, 09:40:22 AM »

To summarise, the topic was cool and got quite interesting when the B-side story came along also, but then some people started talking about how great BH is on guitar and we seem to have lost all sight of the topic.

You failed to mention all the Axl mentions I have removed from this thread.

From Slash fans!

Wrong thread, wrong section, wrong time.

/jarmo

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1033 on: October 28, 2009, 09:42:13 AM »

Fair point  Smiley

I did mention to one poster that this was a Slash thread, not an Axl one.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1034 on: October 28, 2009, 09:53:03 AM »

Stop acting so innocent.

/jarmo

it comments like this that get me; there are what, 18 singers with the likes of iggy pop, ozzy, andrew stockdale, chris cornell, m shadows, etc yet you and a bunch of others say "you should be focusing on fergie"Undecided wtf is that?  

aren't solo albums supposed to allow an artist to do music outside what there "famous or well known " for? all the current members of GnR (minus axl) have mulitple different side/solo projects that are nothing like GnR; yet slash does a solo album and has 2 woman vocalists that aren't rock singers and there are 10 pages bashing him from fans of GnR; whom he was instrumental in establishing the band as one of the biggest rock bands in the world
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1035 on: October 28, 2009, 10:17:15 AM »

aren't solo albums supposed to allow an artist to do music outside what there "famous or well known " for? all the current members of GnR (minus axl) have mulitple different side/solo projects that are nothing like GnR; yet slash does a solo album and has 2 woman vocalists that aren't rock singers and there are 10 pages bashing him from fans of GnR;

Thats crazy to me too.
Some people are making out that this is gonna be a pop/terrible album cos of the guests.  (Fergie and Nicole)
Yet, no one has mentioned how cool it will be to hear Iggy, Ozzy, Lemmy and hopefully steve Tyler

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1036 on: October 28, 2009, 10:43:22 AM »

Yet, no one has mentioned how cool it will be to hear Iggy, Ozzy, Lemmy and hopefully steve Tyler
yeah we have, but there's nothing more to talk about more then "oh he's gonna sing on the record?, i bet it'll be awesome" we can't say much more about it until we hear the album or he jams with them live, but instead he jams with fergie all the time....

some people like to talk shit.. it was the same when people talked about amy whinehouse drug issues in bad obsession instead of talking about good rock bands new music.. and it's the same that happens in this section day in and day out.. some people love to talk shit about axl, and some people love to say the truth about slash  Wink

now let's not talk shit in this thread until there's something new about the album eh? but oh that makes sense, it'll never happen
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1037 on: October 28, 2009, 11:21:52 AM »

yeah we have, but there's nothing more to talk about more then "oh he's gonna sing on the record?, i bet it'll be awesome" we can't say much more about it until we hear the album or he jams with them live, but instead he jams with fergie all the time....

i guess its a little harder to get Ozzy to jam all the time  hihi

Good points though  beer

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1038 on: October 28, 2009, 12:42:37 PM »

That was some good stuff.  I loved some of Slash's playing in VR, he just wasn't showcased enough, which was odd since he was the STAR of the band.  Never cared for his Snakepit or Blues Ball stuff, though I never really delved into either too deeply.

I think that is the key here, (i'm not singling you out faldor but you brought up a good point that I think applys to many "Slash Haters") I think alot of people who have listened to the Snakepit albums, or even VR for that matter wrote it off after not many listens as not being good just because it didn't sound like Guns. If you go at it with a different approach I think you will seem to like these albums more. Sure, the snakepit albums aren't life changing, but they are still better than ALOT of albums out there, and I listen to them every few months or so. After my first listen to those albums I wrote them off and then about 2 years after listening to them I got in to them. Same thing with libertad, I wrote it off after it first came out, now after relistening to it I am getting more into it.

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1039 on: October 28, 2009, 12:46:01 PM »

i was never too mad on the snakepit although i love the song "Back and Fourth".
VR were awesome and hopefully the solo album will be too. and then VR will get a good singer i hope.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: