Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:20:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  What's hot and what's not...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's hot and what's not...  (Read 3591 times)
PrimaDonna
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: June 10, 2008, 05:17:05 AM »

If I had anything to do with Chinese Democracy and the comeback of GNR, I'd do this:

Scrap Chinese Democracy as a title song. It's just not good enough to carry an album of this stature!!!!!!! Not even CLOSE!
Put it as a hidden track at the end of the album. It's not single material and it will do the new band NO good.

IRS is better, but not prolific. It should be a filler.

The Blues, Madagascar, There Was A Time and Better are genuine quality, whether one likes them all or only a couple. They're worthy of Guns N Roses.

Chinese Democracy is NOT.

Opinions?
greendog
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 06:00:45 AM »

rofl Thats your opinion  confused... and youre about to get verbally raped by other members. So im not going to bother.

For what its worth, im glad you have nothing to do with the album. ok
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:02:29 AM by greendog » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 06:13:33 AM »

Just because something is a title track, that does not necessarily mean it will be a single.  Keep that in mind.

Personally, I like "Chinese Democracy" and while it won't work for a single because it doesn't have a catchy chorus, it's a solid album track.

Ali
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:14:55 AM »

Chinese demcoracy is a good song, but it is on par with Irs...

Its like nightrain, the song ROCKS HARD live, but on leak and soon on cd, it probably wont capture the emotion and aggresiveness of the songs attitude...

thats where it fails...

Personally I rather TWAT, BETTER, BLUES, MADDY over it ...

irs and chinese are on par the same ...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:57:15 AM »

Chinese demcoracy is a good song, but it is on par with Irs...

Its like nightrain, the song ROCKS HARD live, but on leak and soon on cd, it probably wont capture the emotion and aggresiveness of the songs attitude...

thats where it fails...

Personally I rather TWAT, BETTER, BLUES, MADDY over it ...

irs and chinese are on par the same ...
couldn't disagree more, TWAT they did 2x's live on their last tour and Axl struggled in the live performance; the Blues and Maddy are pretty boring live, Better, IRS, and CD at least have some aggression but I don't like the last leaked version of CD as much as I did earlier incarnations......

and to say Nighttrain doesn't "wont capture the emotion and aggresiveness of the songs attitide"; the only reason it doesn't is b/c of the way they drag it out and add extra bars to the song that are completely unneccessary (find a youtube clip of the performance at MSG 11/06 and it illustrates that perfectly)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 08:34:53 AM »

Chinese Democracy is going to take the place of Jungle in opening the show.  Listen to it at the Donnington show, it comes into its own, all I can say is wow.

Think it's Donnington, the one where Tommy takes the mic out of Axl's hand--lol  You've got balls Tommy Stinson.  I don't think anybody has ever done that or would ever think of doing that!

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »

't was a great moment.  then they won the rough crowd.

cd better IRS are my three favs. then twat ryiad...all matter of taste.

I don't know why you think a title song has to be the best on the album. Huh

Done is done it won't be changed.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 11:51:55 AM by ppbebe » Logged
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 07:17:49 PM »

If I had anything to do with Chinese Democracy and the comeback of GNR, I'd do this:

Scrap Chinese Democracy as a title song. It's just not good enough to carry an album of this stature!!!!!!! Not even CLOSE!
Put it as a hidden track at the end of the album. It's not single material and it will do the new band NO good.

IRS is better, but not prolific. It should be a filler.

The Blues, Madagascar, There Was A Time and Better are genuine quality, whether one likes them all or only a couple. They're worthy of Guns N Roses.

Chinese Democracy is NOT.

Opinions?

So if you change the album title (as you suggest) how long will it take for all the haters on this board to pile in with the "Never gonna happen" and "Slash wouldn't put up with this"  routine?

Or even worse the 1 Matt Sorum fan on this board might suggest he could come back to "save" GNR again!  rofl

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 01:03:44 AM »

There are so many albums where the title track and/or the first track are not the best on the album

CD is both, and while it may not be the best on the album it's still damn sure a good song.  Tracklistings are way more important in terms of how the album flows than how each song ranks compared to the others.  You need to make sure the opening song is good enough to grab someone's attention but by no means does it have to be the best song on the album.  I really can't think of any great albums where the best song was the opening song
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 12:43:24 PM »

I really can't think of any great albums where the best song was the opening song

Not me personally, but I think many would argue that WTTJ was the best track on Appetite...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 07:35:23 PM »

I really can't think of any great albums where the best song was the opening song

Not me personally, but I think many would argue that WTTJ was the best track on Appetite...

I'd have to go with WTTJ being the best song on Appetite for Destruction. I think.  hihi What an opening track that song is!

But Paradise City and Rocket Queen are very close in second place.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: