Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 05:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Euro 2008
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euro 2008  (Read 38967 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2008, 09:42:10 AM »

Sad game for Switzerland, they had it in their own hands but they had no luck. Finally we saw some real rain though yes

Tonight it's Croatia-Germany and Austria-Poland. I really hope that Austria wins this one. But anyway, Germany's going to take this group with no losses. It's gonna be 3-1 this time as Klose scores 2 and Ballack 1 ok

Hell yeah. It's been 12 long years.

Can't wait to see Ballack finally lifting a proper trophy.

Deutschland's gonna own this championship.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2008, 10:35:24 AM »

Nop thats wrong, there wil be no extra time directly to penalties. ok

Yep you're right, Just looked it up(UEFA, article 7.08) it is indeed direct to penalties  Undecided

Thinking about it that makes some kind of sense. Extra time would obviously change the result if someone won, and that might change the table positions (if Portugal lost) which would change the quarter final draw after the fact. Of course they could discount the actual result and just count it as winner take all, but it would make the official results look odd. Penalties really are tiebreakers.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2008, 02:07:38 PM »

Sad game for Switzerland, they had it in their own hands but they had no luck. Finally we saw some real rain though yes

Tonight it's Croatia-Germany and Austria-Poland. I really hope that Austria wins this one. But anyway, Germany's going to take this group with no losses. It's gonna be 3-1 this time as Klose scores 2 and Ballack 1 ok

yeah that didnt exactly go to plan did it
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2008, 03:48:26 PM »

Well hell no! Altough it's good to see how vulnerable Germany is, as they're in the same group with Finland in the FIFA 2010 qualifications.
But hey, it was only one game and nothing's sure yet. I'd like to see Austria winning Poland, they have every chance to do so even though it's 1-0 for Poland at the moment.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2008, 04:48:43 PM »

Germany only needs to tie with Austria to go through. So it pretty much looks like it's going to be Germany vs. Portugal in the quarter-finals... An interesting match for sure Smiley

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2008, 05:25:34 AM »

Slight bumps in the road, slight bumps. smoking

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2008, 06:59:38 AM »

I think Germany will struggle to win this comp, Holland, Spain and Portugal all look stronger than the Germans do and on that evidence so do Croatia. The major plus for the Germans being they're on the easier side of the draw when it comes to the quarters and the semis, just for a change....

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2008, 07:05:37 AM »

God I was happy when Austria was awarded with the penalty kick at the end of the game, makes things more interesting now. Today we'll see if France can get their game rolling or not, but I assume Holland will have no problems winning the match Wink If Romania wins Italy then it's all over for Italy and France would have to win Italy in their last game.

Gotta love this game.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2008, 08:31:48 AM »

I think Germany will struggle to win this comp, Holland, Spain and Portugal all look stronger than the Germans do and on that evidence so do Croatia. The major plus for the Germans being they're on the easier side of the draw when it comes to the quarters and the semis, just for a change....

its not really easier if you believe that portugal and croatia are stronger as theyr on the same side
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 04:36:43 PM »

Amazing game by Holland.

Beautiful goals!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2008, 04:43:17 PM »

Amazing game by Holland.

Beautiful goals!

Oh yes, especially the last one. France and Italy are in a pretty tight spot at the moment... Holland is for certain #1, and they have nothing to gain in the match against Romania. If Romania wins, France and Italy are both out of the tournament Cheesy

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2008, 04:45:42 PM »

i absolutley love watching the frogs get spanked
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2008, 06:22:44 PM »

Ah fuck !!!!!  Romania was soooo close (with the help of the referee), but Buffon is a genius !

Oh well, now we have to beat Holland...we did it a few months ago, we can do it again

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2008, 06:25:06 PM »

Ah fuck !!!!!  Romania was soooo close (with the help of the referee), but Buffon is a genius !

Oh well, now we have to beat Holland...we did it a few months ago, we can do it again

You'll be playing a b-team so you probably will  Wink
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2008, 06:53:38 PM »

You'll be playing a b-team so you probably will  Wink

We're a weird people, us Romanians...we don't usually capitalise on clear chances like this one, we like it rough, when the odds are agains us Smiley    So I'm pretty concerned that things might go wrong....

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2008, 09:53:14 PM »

truely amazing!! What a match, 4-1! and compliments to the Romanian team, they played well against Italy!
But damn, Holland's playing with so much joy... The defence is just simply great!

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2008, 04:51:55 AM »

Amazing game by Holland.

Beautiful goals!

Oh yes, especially the last one. France and Italy are in a pretty tight spot at the moment... Holland is for certain #1, and they have nothing to gain in the match against Romania. If Romania wins, France and Italy are both out of the tournament Cheesy

And that would be sweet! Altough I don't want Holland to loose, it would be great if France and especially Italy would be out. That just shows how much this game changes during just couple of years. Italy is the current world champion, France won Euro 2000 and Italy was second. So..

But the game was amazing last night, just beautiful. Robben showed why he is in this team. Anyway, 3 goals against Italy and 4 against France really shows how dangerous Holland is at the moment. If you give them like 3 spots for scoring, they will use at least one of them. And like last night they don't need a good spot for it, they can score in odd situations too.

BEEP.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2008, 05:35:58 PM »

Greece lost again. Not surprising....

Sweden lost and the "poor" Swedes don't understand why.

Apparently they didn't deserve to lose even though their idea of a great game was to just wait and defend..... Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2008, 04:55:56 PM »

Wow, Turkey vs Czechs - best second half ever  Shocked

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Shoco
VIP