Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Play On Alice Cooper's New Album
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Play On Alice Cooper's New Album  (Read 6274 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: June 03, 2008, 02:09:51 PM »

Ozzy Osbourne and Slash will make guest appearances on Alice Cooper?s new album, Along Came A Spider.

Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Ozzy Osbourne plays harmonica on a track he co-wrote with Alice and ex-member of Guns?n?Roses, Slash plays guitar. He revealed details of his 25th studio album on his radio show, Nights With Alice Cooper: ?It is a dark and menacing album for dark and menacing times?

The songs are told through the voice of a serial killer named Spider - one that Alice describes as ?an arachnophobic psychopath?.

Alice told Billboard.biz that his forthcoming LP is "a real 'Alice' album. Conceptually, it's going to be pretty interesting."

The album is based on a fictional serial killer named Spider, who wraps his victims in a silk web. "Every song is sort of a letter to the police," he explains. "They think they're investigating it from the outside, but he's actually woven them into the whole thing."

"Along Came A Spider" track listing (in alphabetical order):

01. Catch Me
02. Hungry
03. I Am The Spider
04. I Know Where You Live
05. (In Touch With) Your Feminine Side
06. Killed By Love
07. Salvation
08. The One That Got Away
09. Vengeance Is Mine
10. Wake The Dead
11. Wrapped In Silk

Alice Cooper will release his new album, "Along Came A Spider", through SPV/Steamhammer on the following dates:

Germany, Austria, Switzerland: July 25
Rest of Europe: July 28
North America: July 29

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/alice_cooper/news/11632

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:12:32 PM »

Great news! Love Alice n' he's a very strong influence both in Gn'R n' Velvet Revolver (remember the adds)...
Same colaboration with Slash n' Ozzy like on Hey Stoopid song... great song n' classic Slash's solo from the illusions era
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:16:58 PM »

interesting

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 06:39:13 AM »

that sounds great! Ozzy Alice and Slash together ...again  ok

If the world would end today... Wink
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 01:07:58 PM »

ALICE COOPER: Complete 'Along Came A Spider' Details Revealed - June 10, 2008

Co-produced by Danny Saber, Greg Hampton and Alice himself, "Along Came A Spider" manages to marry both vintage and modern-day Alice. As theatrical as ever, the album is a sonic combination of familiar Alice musical elements from albums as diverse as "Billion Dollar Babies" and "Brutal Planet", with the storytelling of "Welcome To My Nightmare", capturing the historic dark side of Alice in peak form, an instantly recognizable presence that will be welcomed by his fans. Joining Alice on the album are members of his touring band ? longtime Alice drummer Eric Singer, bassist Chuck Garric, and guitarists Keri Kelli and Jason Hook, with additional contributions from others, including Saber, Hampton, and renowned backing vocalist Bernard Fowler. Slash also lends some guitar style to "Vengeance Is Mine".

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98740

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 03:07:21 PM »

bad ass headbanger

sounds pretty cool. are there like free samples of some of the tunes on the album some where i can listen to them?

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 10:10:29 PM »

This is the one that Slash plays on....

ALICE COOPER: New Song Posted Online - June 24, 2008

A brand new ALICE COOPER track, Vengeance Is Mine, is available for streaming on his MySpace page. The song comes off the rock legend's forthcoming album, "Along Came A Spider", due on July 29 via SPV Records.

Link here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=99657

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 11:57:49 PM »

This is the one that Slash plays on....

ALICE COOPER: New Song Posted Online - June 24, 2008

A brand new ALICE COOPER track, Vengeance Is Mine, is available for streaming on his MySpace page. The song comes off the rock legend's forthcoming album, "Along Came A Spider", due on July 29 via SPV Records.

Link here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=99657

HOLY FUCK, AWESOME!!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 05:12:57 AM »

dude has become a total caricature of himself  Undecided
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 07:31:56 AM »

that's not the problem, he'd always be, it's his role, to be a caricature.

the problem is : the song is shit, no melody, the only interesting part is around 1.30, and after that, nothing.
slash sounds boring, as usual since years with a few exceptions, long guitar vomit without feeling.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 10:57:33 PM »

The latest news we've heard from SLASH is that he just shot Alice Cooper's new video for a song he played on Alice's new CD called "Vengeance is Mine". If you're looking for the new CD, the title is Along Came A Spider.

Snakepit.org

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 12:05:02 AM »

It's the only good song on the album......
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 12:21:13 AM »

I didn't listen the album, just that song... n' I like it... is a good song... I liked Alice Cooper n' think the song is OK...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 12:22:36 AM »

I like Alice Cooper, too.  Just didn't think the album was all that special.   
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 05:09:22 PM »

I have no idea if Slash will make an appearance (this was taped previously) but I thought I would throw it out there...

ALICE COOPER To Perform On Tonight's 'Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson' - Sep. 30, 2008

ALICE COOPER will perform on the "Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson" on CBS-TV tonight (Tuesday, September 30). Check your local listings for exact times and channels.

During Alice's last appearance on the show (Sept. 10), he performed the song "Elected" (see video below). Tonight's show will feature Alice and the band performing "Vengeance Is Mine" from his new album, "Along Came A Spider".

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105887

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 06:28:53 PM »

Update  Huh

ALICE COOPER: Still Censored After All These Years - Sep. 30, 2008

Alice Cooper, appearing on CBS-TV's "Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson" last night (Monday, September 29), was the victim, yet again, of corporate meddling in his rock 'n' roll. It's called censorship and Cooper, currently promoting his "Along Came A Spider" (SPV) album, has met this particular beast numerous times during his 40-year career.

The album tells the story of a serial killer and as part of the song, Alice was going to re-enact a piece of his video by picking a female victim from the audience to choke with a silk scarf during the band's live performance of "Vengeance is Mine". (Both the album version of the song and the video feature ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash.) What viewers saw was a truncated version of what actually happened. Unfortunately, the "murder" of one of his victims was just too much for CBS-TV's censors (although Ferguson loved it) and, as such, his request was denied.

In 1975, Alice Cooper starred in an ABC special, "Welcome To My Nightmare", also featuring Vincent Price, which caused the ABC censors to cut out all the violence that had been included in the originally delivered film.

The uncensored version of the new thre-song video including "Vengeance is Mine" can be seen on MySpace.com/AlongCameAVideo as well as YouTube.com/SPV and Imeem.com/AliceCooper starting Wednesday, October 1.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=105900

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 02:21:19 AM »

I can't wait to see the actual video! 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »

Along came a documentary is now available...apparently Slash and Alice Cooper are patients in a mental ward in the "Vengeance is Mine" video.

http://www.youtube.com/SPV

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »

Along came a documentary is now available...apparently Slash and Alice Cooper are patients in a mental ward in the "Vengeance is Mine" video.

http://www.youtube.com/SPV

Man, that was crazy!!!!  Cool clip, great solos by Slash!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 02:00:09 PM »

Here is the video for "Vengeance Is Mine" feat. Slash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4noHzmjgVI

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: