Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:29:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Baz has talked to Slash about collaborating on music!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz has talked to Slash about collaborating on music!  (Read 14166 times)
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »

he had been sworn to secrecy

Way to go there, Baz.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 10:09:05 AM »

Obviously I would think his solo album, which I think should be interesting

libertad
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 10:34:07 AM »

Could Slash want Sebastian to help him mend his estranged relationship with Axl? Sebastion said top secret job and said the project was mind blowing. We know Slash wants to do a solo album which he probably wants Sebastian to be part of. That is no big secret nor would that be a secret job IMO. Maybe Slash wants to invite Axl to sing on his solo album as a gesture of respect toward Axl and his talent, which would allow them the opportunity to make peace, and because it would be awesome. Slash may want Sebastian to help him get Axl on board or get him to speak to Slash about it, thus the "top secret job," and it being "mind blowing." Thoughts?
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 11:15:54 AM »

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this....

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/080626/entertainment/entertainment_bach_col

DETROIT (Billboard) - Sebastian Bach says Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash has contacted him "out of the blue" for a top-secret job, but not as the replacement for the group's fired frontman Scott Weiland.

The former Skid Row singer said that stepping in for Weiland would be "awkward" given his friendship with Slash's former Guns N' Roses bandmate Axl Rose.

Slash quit Guns N' Roses in 1996, frustrated with Rose's imperious manner, and they have been estranged ever since. Bach and Rose, however, are on good terms: Bach sings on the as-yet-unreleased Guns album "Chinese Democracy," while Rose sang on three tracks on Bach's 2007 solo album, "Angel Down," and gave him the opening slot on two Guns N' Roses tours.

Bach said the Slash project was "mind-blowing," but that he had been sworn to secrecy and nothing was happening right now.

Weiland was thrown out of Velvet Revolver in April, with the band citing his "increasingly erratic on-stage behavior and personal problems." Weiland responded by saying that Bach would be a "fantastic" substitute.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 11:19:19 AM »

baz former opening act to GNR and slash former member of GNR, something tells me that it's not the right section, and i have a feeling it's posted before, try searching next time bro..

playing mod has ended now for this time Tongue
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 11:21:08 AM »

I did search, but I couldn't find anything.

I think the top-secret project is to get talks going to get Slash back in Gn'R. That's why I posted this here.

Feel free to delete!!!!
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 11:31:29 AM »

I agree with Hudson...

Maybe this is just wishful thinking (and I apologize to all those who never want to see Slash back in Gn' R), but I think that perhaps Slash will use Bach as a mediation tool for mending things with Axl.

What else could be so 'mind-blowing' that Slash would reach out to Bach? Slash has worked with a million other artists (granted, not all my favorites), but were those all mind-blowing? No.

Slash getting back with Gn'R ....that is MINDBLOWING!!!!!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »

I agree with Hudson...

Maybe this is just wishful thinking (and I apologize to all those who never want to see Slash back in Gn' R), but I think that perhaps Slash will use Bach as a mediation tool for mending things with Axl.

What else could be so 'mind-blowing' that Slash would reach out to Bach? Slash has worked with a million other artists (granted, not all my favorites), but were those all mind-blowing? No.

Slash getting back with Gn'R ....that is MINDBLOWING!!!!!

Let's not get carried away with the reunion stuff.  In Slash's book, he mentions wanting to record a solo album with a variety of guests aboard.  I have a feeling this is the "mindblowing" project that Baz is mentioning.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 12:00:14 PM »

Slash has worked with a million other artists (granted, not all my favorites), but were those all mind-blowing? No.

True, but i would tend to think most of those collaborations were not slash written material, more like him going in and playing a solo or a riff on a song, while this solo album would most likely be mainly written by slash himself, all of this is in my opinion though seeing as how i'm not an insider of anysort

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 12:37:59 PM »

I am still not sure whether to believe the rumor about the night Slash supposedly showed up to Axl's house to talk shit about Scott, but it would not surprise me if it were true. However, I do believe aside from their differences Slash has always loved Axl like a brother and felt uneasy about the fact that they have an existing rift. I think Axl deep down feels the same way but has way too much pride to admit it, and thus he would never be the one to reach out to slash to repair the relationship because he feels Slash was in the wrong.

I think Slash has a desire to repair their relationship and Sebastian could be someone that could help him in this endeavor, perhaps making Axl realize whatever happened between them is in the past is in the past and that they should put their differences aside after all these years. I mean when you think about it what is Slash & Axl's problem with each other? I know there maybe a number of things perhaps we do not know, but after years of reading articles, books, and listening to interviews it seems that their big problem was that they could not collaborate to work on an album together because of creative differences. BIG DEAL! Slash moved on to work on his stuff and Axl has done the same. So why should they not be able to get along after all these years and be civil with each other. I mean they don't have to be best friends again but at least be able to call each other and talk.

By the way I am just referring to making peace with each other so that maybe AXL sings on Slash's solo album, not a GNR reunion.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 01:30:36 PM »

i'm sure baz is exaggerating,
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 02:18:46 PM »

I am still not sure whether to believe the rumor about the night Slash supposedly showed up to Axl's house to talk shit about Scott, but it would not surprise me if it were true. However, I do believe aside from their differences Slash has always loved Axl like a brother and felt uneasy about the fact that they have an existing rift. I think Axl deep down feels the same way but has way too much pride to admit it, and thus he would never be the one to reach out to slash to repair the relationship because he feels Slash was in the wrong.

I think Slash has a desire to repair their relationship and Sebastian could be someone that could help him in this endeavor, perhaps making Axl realize whatever happened between them is in the past is in the past and that they should put their differences aside after all these years. I mean when you think about it what is Slash & Axl's problem with each other? I know there maybe a number of things perhaps we do not know, but after years of reading articles, books, and listening to interviews it seems that their big problem was that they could not collaborate to work on an album together because of creative differences. BIG DEAL! Slash moved on to work on his stuff and Axl has done the same. So why should they not be able to get along after all these years and be civil with each other. I mean they don't have to be best friends again but at least be able to call each other and talk.

By the way I am just referring to making peace with each other so that maybe AXL sings on Slash's solo album, not a GNR reunion.

Slash did go to Axl's house. He admitted to that. Whether or not he talked smack about Scott I haven't the faintest idea as he didn't say what he talked about while he was there. My personal thoughts on the matter are that he wouldn't have had anything to gain by talking about Scott to Axl so I'm inclined to believe that he didn't. He did say that he was drunk though so who knows.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 02:37:45 PM »

Baz exaggerating?? ya thunk?? 

five'll get you ten that this secret project is that cartoon thing slash said he was working on but didn't wanna talk about yet.  if that's the case and it's a cartoon that those two are involved with then no doubt it'll be one of those "adult" cartoons.  there'll be lotz of blowin' going on ... just not the 'mind' kind  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 03:26:49 PM »

When Slash went to Axl's house, he never said that he spoke to Axl. Is this correct? I thought he only got to the gate and they did not let him in because he was supposedly drunk or something. I do not remember reading anything off the top of my head stating whether Slash and Axl spoke or saw each other.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 05:12:08 PM »

When Slash went to Axl's house, he never said that he spoke to Axl. Is this correct? I thought he only got to the gate and they did not let him in because he was supposedly drunk or something. I do not remember reading anything off the top of my head stating whether Slash and Axl spoke or saw each other.

Back on topic please, plenty of talk on that subject throughout the forum.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:34:40 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 05:38:11 PM »

From MTV.... hihi

Slash reportedly dialed up Sebastian Bach ?out of the blue? for some kind of ?mind-blowing? top-secret rock project that doesn?t involve fronting Velvet Revolver........Please, please tell us it?s a new line of hard-rockin? hair-care products!

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 05:46:31 PM »

Baz exaggerating?? ya thunk??  

five'll get you ten that this secret project is that cartoon thing slash said he was working on but didn't wanna talk about yet.  if that's the case and it's a cartoon that those two are involved with then no doubt it'll be one of those "adult" cartoons.  there'll be lotz of blowin' going on ... just not the 'mind' kind  hihi

yes i do thunk that, i just said so Huh

wow funny joke
Pine Barrens
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2008, 12:51:53 AM »

It's very odd...as far his self-proclaimed "loyalty" towards Axl is concerned, what's the difference in playing with Slash outside of VR as opposed to playing with Slash in VR? Either way, Bach bores the shit out of me and this does not excite me in the least. And I'm not so sure it's all that secret that Slash is working on doing a solo album with different singers and collaborators. I'm fairly certain Slash has talked about that in the not so distant past.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 01:00:40 AM »

I'm sure it's just about his solo album. Let's not overreact.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 01:41:17 AM »

Let the rumors roll baby

Baz singing one track on a Slash solo record hardly constitutes "MINDBLOWING"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: