Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:45:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Baz has talked to Slash about collaborating on music!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz has talked to Slash about collaborating on music!  (Read 13247 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« on: June 03, 2008, 08:32:57 AM »

Baz is in Oslo and did an online interview/meeting with norwegian fans and what not.

Besides the usual bullshit including Skid Row, Axl and TPB he also commented on being the new singer for VR.

"I have talked to Slash recently about collaborating on music, but not Velvet Revolver. I cannot say what the details are, but Axl Rose has helped me and this band more then anyone eklse in the music industry. It would be very akward to sing in Velvet Revolver being sucj close friends with Axl. More importantly i like Angel Down more then VR music."

Wonder how sick and tired the man must be from answering 90% Axl and Chinese Democracy questions. Jeez, people treat people like shit.

Anyway, i'm going to the gig tomorrow and i'll make sure to try and get some Chinese Democracy news out of good ol' Bach!  hihi  Roll Eyes

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
greendog
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:50:16 AM »

I'm glad its got nothing to do with VR.

I don't think even Slash could make me listen to Bach... I still haven't listened to Axl on Angel Down, for that very reason.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 09:02:04 AM »

I'm glad its got nothing to do with VR.

I don't think even Slash could make me listen to Bach... I still haven't listened to Axl on Angel Down, for that very reason.

You really have THAT much against Sebastian?  hihi

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
greendog
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »

Everything about him is just cheese and I can't take anything he's done seriously. I'm very picky about vocalists.

Im dreading listening to Sorry by Guns... but I have faith that Axl knows what he's doing and hopefully it won't be a distraction to the actual song.
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 11:37:33 AM »

Baz is in Oslo and did an online interview/meeting with norwegian fans and what not.

Besides the usual bullshit including Skid Row, Axl and TPB he also commented on being the new singer for VR.

"I have talked to Slash recently about collaborating on music, but not Velvet Revolver. I cannot say what the details are, but Axl Rose has helped me and this band more then anyone eklse in the music industry. It would be very akward to sing in Velvet Revolver being sucj close friends with Axl. More importantly i like Angel Down more then VR music."

Wonder how sick and tired the man must be from answering 90% Axl and Chinese Democracy questions. Jeez, people treat people like shit.

Anyway, i'm going to the gig tomorrow and i'll make sure to try and get some Chinese Democracy news out of good ol' Bach!  hihi  Roll Eyes
dont you think he will leave staight to sweden after the show?
damn, if he is there now i think i wander the streets tonight! see if i'm lucky!

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 01:08:52 PM »

Bach is one of the best rock vocalists of all time.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 07:16:18 PM »

Bach is one of the best rock vocalists of all time.

Agreed...
 N' bout his collaboration with Slash, I'd like to hear that... Angel's Down is great n' better than Libertad or Ain't Life Grand (musically, lyrically, integrity) IMO...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 08:08:47 PM »

Everything about him is just cheese and I can't take anything he's done seriously. I'm very picky about vocalists.

Im dreading listening to Sorry by Guns... but I have faith that Axl knows what he's doing and hopefully it won't be a distraction to the actual song.

I understand what you're saying, but there's no way I can possibly put the phrase "I'm dreading listening to" and anything new that Axl and Guns would put out in the same sentence.  You're on your own on that one...   beer
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 08:41:56 PM »

I don't understand, If Bach doesn't want to join Velvet Revolver due to Slash/Axl conflict why he's talking rigth now about music colaborating with Slash, I just don't get it...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 08:53:35 PM »

It could be a collaboration for Slash's solo album.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 10:17:16 PM »

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but somehow I don't think Sebastian minds that much.  He kind of brings it upon himself anyway.
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 10:43:47 PM »

I don't understand, If Bach doesn't want to join Velvet Revolver due to Slash/Axl conflict why he's talking rigth now about music colaborating with Slash, I just don't get it...

Because are different things... a collaboration with Slash is like a collaboration with any artist but singing on Velvet Revolver 1- isn't a collaboration 2- Velvet Revolver have actually three ex-gunners n' they use to play GnR tunes such as Mr. Brownstone, It's so easy, Used to love her or Patience... In some way VR rivalizes with Axl about which artist is the more legit sequel of Gn'r (at least for the press n' a lot of fans, no necesarily Gn'R  fans)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 12:16:39 AM »

It's just Bach being Bach, no more no less...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
greendog
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 06:54:16 AM »

I understand what you're saying, but there's no way I can possibly put the phrase "I'm dreading listening to" and anything new that Axl and Guns would put out in the same sentence.  You're on your own on that one...   beer

Haha, yeah looks like I am.  hihi

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to Sorry and every other Guns song, its just the fact that Baz is on it which is niggling with me a little.

I always listen with an open mind though.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 02:37:41 PM »

It is weird-Slash is basically Velvet Revolver, I'm not sure what the difference is-Slash has been out of the band for 12 years now, it's strange he has to worry about what Axl thinks

libertad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 02:48:46 PM »

Im sure he would ask and get Axls permission before doing anything.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »

No way man... he ain't an Axl employ... he just said that is awkward to leaving his own band (wich had Axl singing on three tracks of his album n' co-writing one song and also toured with Gn'R) to join VR, a project of three ex-gunners that play songs of Gn'R... Bach had already replaced Axl in a Gn'R show a couple years ago... he just thinks that is awkward (n' so do  I) to sing more Gn'R songs with another former Gn'R members... that don't means he could collaborate with any of these guys in the future, don't seems personal for me ("You're against Axl, I'm with Axl, I'm against you")... Baz always in the past collaborated with a lot of artists (Axl, Duff, Slash, Ace Frehley, Mike Portnoy, Dimebag Darrel, Ted Nugent, Michael Schenker, Jake E Lee, John Petrucci n' the list continues)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 06:01:46 PM »

I think "blessing" might be a better word.  Surely their friendship is far more important that any collaboration with Slash...
Killingmachine
Headliner

Guns n' Fuckin' Roses

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 06:33:22 PM »

Because are different things... a collaboration with Slash is like a collaboration with any artist but singing on Velvet Revolver 1- isn't a collaboration 2- Velvet Revolver have actually three ex-gunners n' they use to play GnR tunes such as Mr. Brownstone, It's so easy, Used to love her or Patience... In some way VR rivalizes with Axl about which artist is the more legit sequel of Gn'r (at least for the press n' a lot of fans, no necesarily Gn'R  fans)

I see, perhaps your last argument would be the most important. in some way there are old Guns n' roses fans (like me) that see the both bands (VR & New Gn'R) as a legit sequel of classic GUNS N' ROSES.
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080626/music_nm/bach_dc;_ylt=AkHB66ebhBNU7klwML_eM9xxFb8C

DETROIT (Billboard) - Sebastian Bach says Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash has contacted him "out of the blue" for a top-secret job, but not as the replacement for the group's fired frontman Scott Weiland.
ADVERTISEMENT

The former Skid Row singer said that stepping in for Weiland would be "awkward" given his friendship with Slash's former Guns N' Roses bandmate Axl Rose.

Slash quit Guns N' Roses in 1996, frustrated with Rose's imperious manner, and they have been estranged ever since. Bach and Rose, however, are on good terms: Bach sings on the as-yet-unreleased Guns album "Chinese Democracy," while Rose sang on three tracks on Bach's 2007 solo album, "Angel Down," and gave him the opening slot on two Guns N' Roses tours.

Bach said the Slash project was "mind-blowing," but that he had been sworn to secrecy and nothing was happening right now.

Weiland was thrown out of Velvet Revolver in April, with the band citing his "increasingly erratic on-stage behavior and personal problems." Weiland responded by saying that Bach would be a "fantastic" substitute.

Reuters/Billboard
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: