Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:23:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now  (Read 46162 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2008, 02:44:44 PM »

Lets get the first one out before we start worrying about the rest!
I think that was Axl's point in telling Baz to cool it with the 4 albums info.  He wants to get #1 out there first and foremost.  Anything after that is a bonus in my eyes.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2008, 02:48:39 PM »

Oh it will be out this year or Jarmo can ban me from this board.  That's how confident I am for 2008.  Simply just put out a 2006 DVD of a show or 2007 from Japan which I would prefer.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2008, 02:55:46 PM »

Oh it will be out this year or Jarmo can ban me from this board.  That's how confident I am for 2008.  Simply just put out a 2006 DVD of a show or 2007 from Japan which I would prefer.

would be cool to get like a compilation dvd from the first 4 NY shows in 06 and a compilation of the last japan shows in 07.. then u can see how much the new songs changed over the period and it's all just awesome, would probably be the coolest IMO
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2008, 03:04:35 PM »

would be cool to get like a compilation dvd from the first 4 NY shows in 06 and a compilation of the last japan shows in 07.. then u can see how much the new songs changed over the period and it's all just awesome, would probably be the coolest IMO

Im sure we will get something special with the release of the album besides a Dr Pepper   beer maybe its a DVD or management has some surprise, STAY TUNED

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2008, 03:11:29 PM »

That is a great idea.  The evolution of the lineup from 06-07.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #185 on: August 30, 2008, 04:33:56 PM »

hear hear. throw in some from donington and it would be even cooler. Grin

I don't think the band is planing a dvd at the moment tho.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2008, 04:37:19 PM »

It could be a DVD of just a couple of songs that's enough for me and maybe behind the scenes footage or making of chinese democracy ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2008, 03:23:03 PM »

They could just put everything they've done up to this point thats ready to in there. Just wipe the slate clean on the entire CD era of GNR and start anew.

We did hear of 3 different versions of each song, So if they didnt want to give away new material they plan to release, they could put a CD of alternate versions, and a CD of B Sides that aren't gonna make any of the three cds.

I say just release it all at one time

The reason being, A song may work now, but in 3 years, it may not be relevant anymore, plus most musicians are constantly writing and recording new material, so why not just wipe the slate clean and start over from scratch while making a huge profit?

Totally agreed with your words man...  ok
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2008, 04:14:51 PM »

They could just put everything they've done up to this point thats ready to in there. Just wipe the slate clean on the entire CD era of GNR and start anew.

We did hear of 3 different versions of each song, So if they didnt want to give away new material they plan to release, they could put a CD of alternate versions, and a CD of B Sides that aren't gonna make any of the three cds.

I say just release it all at one time

The reason being, A song may work now, but in 3 years, it may not be relevant anymore, plus most musicians are constantly writing and recording new material, so why not just wipe the slate clean and start over from scratch while making a huge profit?

Totally agreed with your words man...  ok

Don't release everything I say a small DVD or making of is perfect.  Maybe a thing for ringtones ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ben9785
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2008, 06:50:15 PM »

No, they don't need to release absolutely everything they have.
BUT, I know there are many fans out there who would be really interested in alternate versions, b-sides and any other unreleased music left off the albums that the band feels comfortable putting out, especially "previous" incarnations of GNR e.g. the late 90s 'industrial' album

They can put this stuff on iTunes for online download, or they can sell exclusive tracks on the website, or even put a few exclusives up on the website for free streaming or something like that.

A future fan club along the likes of what Metallica have would be a great medium for this.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2008, 11:11:03 PM »

No, they don't need to release absolutely everything they have.
BUT, I know there are many fans out there who would be really interested in alternate versions, b-sides and any other unreleased music left off the albums that the band feels comfortable putting out, especially "previous" incarnations of GNR e.g. the late 90s 'industrial' album

They can put this stuff on iTunes for online download, or they can sell exclusive tracks on the website, or even put a few exclusives up on the website for free streaming or something like that.

A future fan club along the likes of what Metallica have would be a great medium for this.

drool

i want that

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2008, 02:09:05 AM »

How about this Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy package 99.99 Best Buy (just an idea) Chinese Democracy with Making of Chinese Democracy, Guns N' Roses asian logo sticker package, B- Sides, Demo's, box set of all 2006/2007 Tour concerts, special features: Soundcheck, interviews with band members, Axl Rose interview.  I would buy it in a heart beat.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
ben9785
« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2008, 02:22:25 AM »

How about this Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy package 99.99 Best Buy (just an idea) Chinese Democracy with Making of Chinese Democracy, Guns N' Roses asian logo sticker package, B- Sides, Demo's, box set of all 2006/2007 Tour concerts, special features: Soundcheck, interviews with band members, Axl Rose interview.  I would buy it in a heart beat.

That sounds beautiful but I think it might be too much for just one set, especially the box set with so many live shows.
Maybe the album itself, bonus disc of bsides and demos, a free download of a live show, and a DVD with clips from live shows, behind the scenes and interviews, making of the album... or something like that
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2008, 10:49:37 PM »

Does anyone think that the success or failure of the first album will determine whether more albums are released?

I strongly believe CD will be released this year but if it doesnt do very well (worst case scenario) do you think that the other 2 or even 3 supposed albums will be shelved?

I would personally be happy with one CD but that would be disappointing.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #194 on: September 04, 2008, 12:45:08 AM »

Does anyone think that the success or failure of the first album will determine whether more albums are released?

I strongly believe CD will be released this year but if it doesnt do very well (worst case scenario) do you think that the other 2 or even 3 supposed albums will be shelved?

I would personally be happy with one CD but that would be disappointing.
I hope we don't have to find out that answer, but anything is possible.  I would think Axl has worked all this time and has ALL these songs that they would find there way out there in some way or some form. 

But I shudder at the thought, maybe if The Spaghetti Incident did better, we wouldn't have had to wait so long for CD (just kidding of course, a few things happened along the way that delayed the process).

ben9785
« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2008, 12:59:40 AM »

No, nothing will be shelved. Regardless of 'critical feedback', people are still going to be interested to hear what Axl has been working on, however much of it there is. Whatever material the band is happy to release will come out in some form or another I'm sure eventually.

First thing to consider is what this contract with BEST BUY/WALMART includes? Is it just for one album? Or perhaps it is a ongoing deal for all 3 or 4 albums to come out (or however many there are), whether simultaneously or over a period of time...?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:01:33 AM by ben857 » Logged
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »

If this is so than there is going to have to be names for these gems. So let's just say the first one is called Chinese Democracy........what names would you choose to call the next three releases?

How about:

Second release: The Slice of the Dice
Third release: Back for Revenge with friends.
Fourth release:  Slip inside and ride........

now it's your turn...........let me hear you burn.............  Roll Eyes
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2008, 12:03:42 PM »

If this is so than there is going to have to be names for these gems. So let's just say the first one is called Chinese Democracy........what names would you choose to call the next three releases?

How about:

1st one could be a Bad Company/ACDC album title, 2nd a Metallica title and 3rd a Whitesnake title

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2008, 02:06:53 PM »

There's Chinese democracy on Chinese democracy.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2008, 07:54:26 AM »

How about:

Appetite for Erection
Use Your Erection I
Use Your Erection II
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: