Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:31:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now  (Read 48931 times)
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« on: May 26, 2008, 06:41:50 AM »

This was discussed here and there in threads but maybe it's better to have 1 topic to only talk about this.

We have seen a few reports which suggest that when it all starts, it will be a 3 and maybe 4 album release.
Fortus seemed to confirm it (at least in English-Japanese-English translation) and Baz said it at least 3 times to my knowledge....and Axl hinted this too with the amount of songs available.

If true, then a few questions arise I think:

- Will Chinese Democracy be a 3-4 album release or will it be just 1 of the albums, namely the first? And the latter ones will have a different title?

- Will it be 1 album release every year? If that is the case and they announce it like that, it will be like the Star Wars and LOTR thing where everyone waits for the next episode while talking a lot about it.....smart.

- Will they have the same concept but told in another way on each album or will it be just random? Axl said according to Baz that some songs are connected and they need to be heard in the correct order....loosly quoted.

I knew CD would not be a normal release, it would be done in a way that has never been done, which is also the reason why the talks go slower than normal releases.
So seeing these small details come out here and there makes it possible to see what it could be like...although of course we could guess wrong like so many times.

What are your thoughts on this?  peace

This signature is very funny.
ben9785
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 07:50:47 AM »

This is my own speculations based on what i've read/heard

-I don't think all of the music is going to come out as a 4 cd set, itll be each album coming out separately, and they will probably all have different titles unless it is a trilogy in concept

-I think it will probably be 1 or 2 years between albums, maybe less, but maybe longer, I guess it depends on how their deal is

-dont know about any specific concept but i guess the 40 songs in total or whatever could be grouped together according to a running theme per album

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 07:53:06 AM »

speculation is just speculation until we have some hard hitting truth to forsee what is going to happen...

all we can do now is just sit tight and hope for the best

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 08:25:16 AM »

Until Mysteron talks i don't believe anything...

There's a lot of assholes who thinks they're interesting sayin' that they're insiders and know nothing really...

It would be cool though!

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 08:40:30 AM »

There's a lot of assholes who thinks they're interesting sayin' that they're insiders and know nothing really...

It would be cool though!

Axl himself has been claiming 2 to 3 albums worth of material since at least 02.

Getting it released, now that's the real thing to hope for.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 08:45:48 AM »

He is much more inside then Baz, Fortus and Axl of course  peace

This signature is very funny.
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 08:59:03 AM »

Well I don't think there is much doubt any more, it will be at least 3 albums.

Axl said on Eddie Trunk in '06, something like: "we were actually working on a song today, that's not even gonna be on the first two records...."

But which form the releases are gonna take, is actually to me, more extiting then "the big when-question"

As someone above suggested, it would be cool with a Star Wars/LOTR kinda plan. One album per year for the next whatever......  Smiley

Stavanger-rock-city!!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 09:28:53 AM »

I totally think they have that much material. And I think Axl's goal is too put out one after another. He has hinted to it and so have others. Bring them on Axl. But don't you give in to the damn record label. You get what you and the guys deserve before you sign on that dotted line. We have waited this long and its not that far away now!!
peace out
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 09:51:13 AM »

I totally think they have that much material. And I think Axl's goal is too put out one after another. He has hinted to it and so have others. Bring them on Axl. But don't you give in to the damn record label. You get what you and the guys deserve before you sign on that dotted line. We have waited this long and its not that far away now!!
peace out
amyl

in Jan 06, Axl spoke that 16 somewhat got on Chidem. and that they would have 76 songs completed in 06-07
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 09:53:59 AM »

Look, can we just have the first one?  All these great master plans and we haven't even gotten to the first one yet.  You're trying to look way too far into the future of a house that hasn't established a solid foundation.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 09:55:58 AM »

bACK IN 1999 Axl told Kurt Loder he had at least 2 albums solidly recorded.... wish i knew what happened between then and now..
Ejay
Opening Act

Guns are Allowed

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 10:01:40 AM »

Couldn't agree more, even 1 cd with no more than 6 songs will make me happy  confused

Look, can we just have the first one?  All these great master plans and we haven't even gotten to the first one yet.  You're trying to look way too far into the future of a house that hasn't established a solid foundation.

In Guns we Trust, Guns never let us down
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 10:10:32 AM »

i believe the band would like to put it all out really fast. songwriting is very important to a musician, what about all the music written in between, let's say last year and 2012 or whenever the 3/4 albums are released?
you're always excited about the last thing you wrote, it's weird from a musician point of view to be aware that it can only be recorded/released in 4 or 5 or 10 years from now.
jnjdemocracy
Opening Act

Estranged Democracy

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 10:42:22 AM »

Did Axl say something at the Korn launch party in 2006?
Something like:
"32 songs - 26 are nearly done - 13 slated for the final album".

I would love to think there is master plan with more than one album coming our way - I have no doubt Axl will satisfy our hungry souls ( 1 album or 3) and think a democracy  album will be this year -
Does any one else remember Axl saying / being qouted.

Jn'J
No sleep till Hammersmith 07/06/06
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 10:43:55 AM »

But Axl is a master planner Cin.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 10:59:14 AM »

- Will Chinese Democracy be a 3-4 album release or will it be just 1 of the albums, namely the first? And the latter ones will have a different title?

first album chinese democracy, then the two others (2010 and 2012 ?) with different names.

- Will they have the same concept but told in another way on each album or will it be just random? Axl said according to Baz that some songs are connected and they need to be heard in the correct order....loosly quoted.

some songs will have the same concept but will be musically different.
the first LP will probably the most easier to apprehend for older fans, the last one the more modern/experimental.

that's how i see things with the elements we know.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 11:00:20 AM »

I think  'maybe' in the headline is unnecessary anymore.  Grin

axl baz and richard have confirmed those are single discs to be released separately/one after another.

chinese democracy 1, chinese democracy 2 and chinese democracy 3?

alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 11:41:08 AM »

Back in 2001 Axl said that CD will be the a single album but with a bonus cd called PRS (Huh)... Also he said that the industrial stuff that they recorded wouldn't be on the album...
Then he said several times that they have enough material for 3 or 4 cd's (but not that CD are a 3-4 discs album)

IMO I would like a release kinda box-set with all the material (at least those who Axl consider finished songs)... realesing separate albums through years doesn't have much sense (IMO) 'coz they were composed as part of the same project (like UYI)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 12:18:34 PM »

there was the AFD 2000 rumor.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 12:33:55 PM »

Back in 2001 Axl said that CD will be the a single album but with a bonus cd called PRS (Huh)
Source, please?

He gave some info in the South American interviews after the RIR3 gig (it can be read on HTGTH archive), but I don't remember anything about this PRS thing.

realesing separate albums through years doesn't have much sense (IMO) 'coz they were composed as part of the same project (like UYI)
Several songs from UYI were written even before AFD.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: