Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 01:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now  (Read 46344 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2008, 02:47:57 PM »

Sequel to Use Your Illusion?

Why do you think that would be likely?

I mean, GN'R could release an industrial type of album without it having to be related to UYI in any way!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2008, 03:00:04 PM »

Okay, unless you're Meatloaf, no one releases sequels to albums decades later. And he's his own band, so you ruined it all.

Ruiner.

Sorry bro.

Actually Meatloaf Bat Out Of Hell I and II were written totally by a guy named Jim Steinman.  Meatloaf was the singer for Jim's songs.  Just some trivia for all you music buffs.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2008, 01:40:39 AM »

Sequel to Use Your Illusion?

Why do you think that would be likely?

I mean, GN'R could release an industrial type of album without it having to be related to UYI in any way!

/jarmo

i'm not saying they would have to for it to sell i'm saying it would mean something like an idea from the past meets new songs from the future. I'm saying that it would be fucking sweet to have it be called that because no one woulad have heard the stuff thats on there now cuase no ones ever done anyting like that before and people will have to use there mind to find an answer to it in order to figure out what it is for themseilves. they'd have to "Use There Illions",............man hihi

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2008, 10:11:39 AM »

something like an idea from the past meets new songs from the future.

Madagascar has a quote from a Civil War quote, that's more than enough past for me  peace

This signature is very funny.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2008, 11:26:10 AM »

and didn't some interview report that some songs were about the past? on Chinese democracy and not on the illusionary indus album tho.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2008, 01:34:53 PM »

Oh no we're not back to this again.

One album would be great anything else is a bonus IMO.

Here today...ready to rock
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2008, 03:00:58 PM »

I'm sure there are more than enough "Remixes" of the songs that the band themselves have compiled in a multitude of different styles to fully explore the musical possibilities of each song.

What I'd like, and hey, this is cloud cuckooland is...

"Chinese Democracy" released December 2008. CD / Special Edition CD+DVD+Book / LP / download. Preview it with an absolutely killer first song and put some of the alt mixes on the flip.

Maybe release a "making of" Movie that really lays the bullshit we've heard over the years for the BS it is and gives the band their chance to set that record straight.

CD Tour 2009.  A Live DVD release from the tour.

"Album Two" early 2010. Same formats. Tour 2010-11.

Tour Documentary DVD 2010.

"Album Three" late 2011. Same formats.

Live DVD 2012 with almost exclusively 'new' stuff. We may be moaning about the lack of an album, but when the album hits and GNR only play 5 songs from 1987-93, we'll be moaning they don't do "My Michelle" or ""Out Ta Get Me" anymore. I know it.

We all know GNR have recorded a ton of material. It will come out. No way anyone;s been working this hard to keep it hidden away.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »

Maybe release a "making of" Movie that really lays the bullshit we've heard over the years for the BS it is and gives the band their chance to set that record straight.

thats what i said but call it "Apetite for Chinese" Grin

i don't care who you are thats a good idea right there
peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2008, 04:40:13 PM »

thats what i said but call it "Apetite for Chinese" Grin

sweet and sour chicken.  Undecided
doesn't sound like something to set the record straight.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2008, 05:23:08 PM »

Chinese Cuisine: MSG GNR Added.
ben9785
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2008, 06:50:40 PM »

I'm sure there are more than enough "Remixes" of the songs that the band themselves have compiled in a multitude of different styles to fully explore the musical possibilities of each song.

What I'd like, and hey, this is cloud cuckooland is...

"Chinese Democracy" released December 2008. CD / Special Edition CD+DVD+Book / LP / download. Preview it with an absolutely killer first song and put some of the alt mixes on the flip.

CD Tour 2009.  A Live DVD release from the tour.

"Album Two" early 2010. Same formats. Tour 2010-11.

Tour Documentary DVD 2010.

"Album Three" late 2011. Same formats.

Live DVD 2012 with almost exclusively 'new' stuff. We may be moaning about the lack of an album, but when the album hits and GNR only play 5 songs from 1987-93, we'll be moaning they don't do "My Michelle" or ""Out Ta Get Me" anymore. I know it.

We all know GNR have recorded a ton of material. It will come out. No way anyone;s been working this hard to keep it hidden away.

Great suggestions, and hopefully that's the way it pans out. A real behind the scenes documentary of some sort would be really appreciated particularly by long time fans, even if they don't have 'behind the scenes footage' from recording sessions etc over the years, they can still have extensive interviews with all the people involved, producers, band members, collaborators etc, all the people who couldn't really say anything about their involvement in the album "in the past".

Regarding the setlists, I'd like to imagine that, with the possibility of 3 or 4 new albums coming out over time, the majority of the old songs will all disappear, unless they MUST keep a few old hits in i.e. "Sweet Child of Mine", "Welcome to the Jungle" etc. But we'll see about that when the time comes.
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2008, 07:47:20 PM »

I remember hearing that around the UYI days, axl really pushed to have the double album released because he wanted to get all of the band's (then) current material "off their collective chest" to show the world the current state of the band or something like that...  there's no greater predictor of the future than the past... my bet is on multiple albums coming out simultaneously... maybe Chinese Democracy will be released as a box set and a single album (kind of like Radiohead In Rainbows - special edition was a double album).
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2008, 08:43:34 AM »

Look, can we just have the first one?  All these great master plans and we haven't even gotten to the first one yet.  You're trying to look way too far into the future of a house that hasn't established a solid foundation.

my sentiments exactly
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2008, 12:37:43 PM »

LoL

You can say what you want, and it's cool to speculate, but me... myseld, after talking about this same crap for 3-4 years... I'll be glad when we get a single/album/video or something...

something...

something... that's the word

I don't know if soon is the word - Axl 2002

I guess soon wasn't the word

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »

Everything coming out of the GnR camp points at multiple albums, not just 1....so the sarcastic argument by some that "I will be glad if they can release just 1 album, hahaha that was a funny comment be me, woohoo" is useless  peace

The fact that there are allegedly multiple albums, actually explains a lot regarding everything....be it the time spent working on it, the money, the promotion, the build up, the negotiations going slow, the direction of the music, etcetera ok

Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2008, 02:58:37 PM »

Everything coming out of the GnR camp points at multiple albums, not just 1....so the sarcastic argument by some that "I will be glad if they can release just 1 album, hahaha that was a funny comment be me, woohoo" is useless  peace

The fact that there are allegedly multiple albums, actually explains a lot regarding everything....be it the time spent working on it, the money, the promotion, the build up, the negotiations going slow, the direction of the music, etcetera ok

How classic was that? ^^^

No album and people want to say this or say that.

We don't have 1 album. So talking about 3 or 4 is much more "useless" than worrying about the first.

You're a fool if you disagree.

But don't damn me
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2008, 03:01:31 PM »

Too much kool-aid today?  peace

We are talking about what was said in interviews by the ones who heard it and who are actually playing on them....I think their opinion is more worth then your whining  ok

alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2008, 03:17:09 PM »

Too much kool-aid today?  peace

We are talking about what was said in interviews by the ones who heard it and who are actually playing on them....I think their opinion is more worth then your whining  ok

"We're friends, no enemies..." Duff McKagan at Buenos Aires, Argentina 12/05/92 ...  hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2008, 03:34:02 PM »

what's wrong with some forward looking discussion?
there's food for thought repeatedly provided by the band.

If you don't like it, stay away from it.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2008, 03:40:38 PM »

i think that everyone is missing it so blankly

It is okay to talk about 3 and 4 albums of stuff, because there probably is a lot of songs...

I say we should focus on CD and not worry about 3 or 4 other albums. That's dumb.

I like Kool-Aid

I inject it in my eyes to help me see.

But don't damn me
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: