Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:13:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now  (Read 46368 times)
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2008, 07:47:58 PM »

Yeah, I really want to hear the electronica/industrial album as well. I miss the old "werra-werra-weeeeeee" before they kick into 'Chinese Democracy' but the new intro makes sense for a first song on an album and builds some great tension coupled with the scream.

My impression is that the album Chinese Democracy, the first album was going to be a more classic rock sound updated for the 21st Century. In a way classic Guns with a good mixture of sounds from hardcore songs to ballads, awesome well-written lyrics, and everything we've come to love about GNR. Then I think that the 2nd album will be the darkest and the most electronica/industrial. Axl talked about reworking and renaming "Silkworms" which according to Axl's then-girlfriend was her favorite song. I'd also expect "Rhiad and the Bedouins" and "Oh My God" to be on it. I really hope they rework Oh My God a little bit and obvious record with the new band because I love that song's potential and the lyrics.

Then the third album, I have no idea. We can confirm that "The General" is on it, thanks to Baz.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2008, 08:38:22 PM »

U know though

Silk Worms and Oh My God are two of my favs

Ill take those two over IRS

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2008, 08:49:53 PM »

They were great live, when I heard them years back.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2008, 10:53:11 PM »

I like IRS a lot too, I don't think you can compare them though. They're totally opposite in sound and no one really knows how they'll sound when they're released so yeah.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 01:06:17 AM »

i just hope that after CD theres a Use Your Illusions III with all Industrial/techno/pittman and dizzy's Synth type of shit smoking headbanger

then maybe another greatest hits in 2013 and in 2014......lies II? or a DVD release of all the shit thats happened and went down from 1998 till when ever CD is released. And they shall call it Apetite for Chinese Grin

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2008, 01:15:25 AM »

I hope that you're intoxicated or on some sort of medication. No band, let alone one with new members, releases sequels to albums 15 years after the originals.

Sorry pal.
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 01:17:46 AM »

Though that Axl said several times that the industrial stuff they did wouldn't be released... isn't he?
Also think that Josh Freese was very involved with that stuff n' used some of it in A Perfect Circle after leaving Gn'r with the allow of Axl (he is in the thanx on the first APC album, Mer de noms)
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 01:17:55 AM »

I hope that you're intoxicated or on some sort of medication. No band, let alone one with new members, releases sequels to albums 15 years after the originals.

Sorry pal.

Dude, Use Your Illusions man hihi

think about it, that title just fits what would be on an industrial album. It would just work

as for Apetite For Chinese, they could have behind the scenes, in the studio, footage of them writting recording, re-recording, anything and everything they have. drool think of how Kick ass that would be drool it could also have on it how and why everything that leaked leaked and who did it and shit like that........God that would kick ass
peace
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:20:56 AM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2008, 01:19:54 AM »

Sorry pal.

You have no idea...

As far as the 3, 4 album deal is concerned...

It's my opinion that there isn't a classic rock/industrial/operatic album.  I just think they will use whatever songs they have that will flow the best they can on said record.  I think there will be a little bit of everything on every album.

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2008, 04:06:21 AM »

I would be already be satisfied when 1 album is ever going to be released  ok

BUT

if they have more than 1 album ready, then c'mon, release them all together and into one CD-box set! Why not? That would already make enough promotion to have a for example 4-CD-box release with new material. And you should be able to buy or CD 1 - CD 2 - CD 3 - ... seperately but when you buy them all together you should have a nice discount and a 'cool CD-box' with it....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 04:08:12 AM by The Prez » Logged

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 06:09:35 AM »

you should be able to buy or CD 1 - CD 2 - CD 3 - ... seperately but when you buy them all together you should have a nice discount and a 'cool CD-box' with it....

That's what I was thinking, that would be the best  peace

This signature is very funny.
Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2008, 09:16:03 AM »

In terms of sales i think releasing them once a year would work out better. If you release them all at once you have a big bang, but then it fizzles out and dies(much like the St Anger album and Oasis's Be Here Now). Releasing them a year apart allows the record company to milk out the albums making a maximum profit. I think that one of the releases will be a 2 disk record or have a bonus disk packed in. But hey, we don't even have the first record yet or word of a release date...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2008, 10:48:24 AM »

I go with the latest Richard info that three albums are already done to be released separately, which seems to be the plan axl has had from the early stage.

It's a complex album, different from any other one.
it will take people some time to digest each release.

plus I'd love their harvest time to last long than short.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2008, 12:47:16 PM »

I think part of the length of negotitions between new management and the label is pricely because of the amount of material involved. If we had 12 songs, this thing might be figured out by now.
And with today's day and age, anything is possible.
We could see a new CD in stores, with a digital only album online later in the year, perhaps an EP available only at concerts sometime down the road, too.
I'm sure they're going to maximize the profit potential as much as possible and with the old structure of how to release and market CDs a thing of the past, Im sure they'll find some creative avenues to get all of the music released.

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2008, 12:50:17 PM »

Axl, well GNR owes the record company one record right, maybe they are negociating the price for the other ones..
Give them hell Rose

Here Today..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2008, 01:25:34 PM »

are you sure about the one record right?

A trilogy sounds great !!! though I hope that when a release date is announced for
CD1 -
they also announce that there are more to follow.
That would remove any negative press about how much it cost and how long it has taken.
Personally I have never wanted this released until Axl was happy with it all:
Material
Band members
label deal

agreed. and I imagine when we hear the release date for the first one, we'll also here more about the successors.

idea reportedly Richard told the Japanese magazine that the band and the label hadn't struck an agreement about the way of releasing it but? maybe they are setting up the few releases all together. Just a thought.

i just hope that after CD theres a Use Your Illusions III with all Industrial/techno/pittman and dizzy's Synth type of shit smoking headbanger

my 'contact' told me that a song called 'lame joke' should be on it. hihi
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2008, 01:44:46 PM »

Sorry pal.

Meatloaf released Bat Out Of Hell II, 20 years after Bat Out Of Hell.  Both albums went to number 1.
kingcanute
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 02:31:21 PM »

Sorry pal.

Meatloaf released Bat Out Of Hell II, 20 years after Bat Out Of Hell.  Both albums went to number 1.

Not to mention Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime II, Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells II and III, Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene 7-13, (does Beatles' Let it be ... naked count?) and those are just the ones off the top of my head. There must be even more, for sure.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »

Sorry pal.

My God, lets pray we don't get anything even remotely akin to Meatloaf's recent work. Thank God we know the leaked stuff is good.

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2008, 02:44:18 PM »

Okay, unless you're Meatloaf, no one releases sequels to albums decades later. And he's his own band, so you ruined it all.

Ruiner.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: