Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:33:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now  (Read 49378 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 12:38:52 PM »

There will be a few ways to tell

For instance when CD comes out, if "The General" isnt on it, we know there are more than once CD.

U have to wonder over the years if maybe a big spot of argument with the label has been them wanting to jus take the best overall songs from the three albums and release it as one.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 01:38:36 PM »

Well Axl himself has directly talked about a "trilogy" before and recent comments seem to back that up.

There's no doubt in my mind that however many albums are released, it will be 1 CD at a time.
I think that it'd be wise to release the albums as "Chinese Democracy I", "Chinese Democracy II", "Chinese Democracy III", etc.
Maybe each one could have a different name, but at this point most people know the name Chinese Democracy for better or worse.

The album(s) have been promoted for the last decade and 'Chinese Democracy' has become a legendary and infamous
name in the music community, so for them to use the name to it's utmost potential would be wise. And it's still a great name.
The name, like the band is still totally relevant. There's still a ton of paranoia surrounding the Chinese and the potential that their nation has.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 01:42:24 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 02:51:20 PM »

Imagine this for a laugh..... Axl makes everyone wait for Chinese Democracy another four years releasing it as the third album in 2012. The first two albums are called something else!  Grin

@#$%Funker
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 02:56:03 PM »

Imagine this for a laugh..... Axl makes everyone wait for Chinese Democracy another four years releasing it as the third album in 2012. The first two albums are called something else!  Grin

@#$%Funker
name one tibetan Freedom them  peace

Here Today..
jnjdemocracy
Opening Act

Estranged Democracy

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 02:57:48 PM »

A trilogy sounds great !!! though I hope that when a release date is announced for
CD1 -
they also announce that there are more to follow.
That would remove any negative press about how much it cost and how long it has taken.
Personally I have never wanted this released until Axl was happy with it all:
Material
Band members
label deal

When everything is in place -
the world can rediscover real music instead of the plastic - manufactured
"music"we have to suffer.

Jn'J
No sleep till Hammersmith 07/06/06
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 03:02:50 PM »

@#$%Funker
name one tibetan Freedom them  peace

Yeah, and why not name the other albums "Stop Global Warming" and "Cure Cancer" and "Cure Aids".  Roll Eyes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 03:08:41 PM »

Haha, no offense but Tibetan Freedom is a horrible name. Chinese Democracy is a great name because it's contradictory. Something Guns N' Roses has always been in many ways. Think about it, "Guns" and "Roses". They don't go together, they play against each other. One minute Axl's singing a song about tearing your throat out and lusting over girls the next minutes it's a soulful, heartfelt ballad like November Rain.

And it represents the edginess and uneasiness about the future. I love the name "Chinese Democracy". I too hope that we get a release date soon. It's kinda funny. People badmouth Axl and the band then they go to the shows and see them play live and then all skepticism disappears. It's a magical thing.

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 03:22:32 PM »

if there was a Chinese democracy, there would be a freedom for the tibet, shows how much of world  events you guys know lol.

Here Today..
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 03:31:57 PM »

if there was a Chinese democracy, there would be a freedom for the tibet, shows how much of world  events you guys know lol.

Than why the need for two names for the same cause?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »

Than why the need for two names for the same cause?
after democracy comes freedom i tought. but you guys are right its a stupid name and lets leave it at that.

Here Today..
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »

Chinese Democracy

Heretodaygonetohell Democracy

Jarmo Intentions

//

Funny Moment.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2008, 04:53:24 PM »

Back in 2001 Axl said that CD will be the a single album but with a bonus cd called PRS (Huh)
Source, please?

He gave some info in the South American interviews after the RIR3 gig (it can be read on HTGTH archive), but I don't remember anything about this PRS thing.

realesing separate albums through years doesn't have much sense (IMO) 'coz they were composed as part of the same project (like UYI)
Several songs from UYI were written even before AFD.

The source is argentinian Rolling Stone interview after Rock In Rio III, n' u're right bout the UYI songs written before AFD but then were recorded in the illusions sessions... they wasn't part of plan, they cpuld even record a new version of CraSH dIET n' include it on CD... why not? but there isn't a final version of it
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »

Its unlikely there is any less than 3 or 4 albums worth of material done after all these years.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 05:41:41 PM »

Yeah but most bands write 40 to 50 songs and whittle it down to the album.

So he may have 3 albums worth of material but how much of that material is more silk worms type than Better?

If he has 3 solid albums of material though, the wait and everything else will no longer matter.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2008, 05:45:39 PM »

3 or 4 albums of solid material would pretty much double the current GnR discography.  Shocked
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2008, 05:47:15 PM »

What does PRS stand for, did it say?
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2008, 06:00:20 PM »

Yeah but most bands write 40 to 50 songs and whittle it down to the album.

So he may have 3 albums worth of material but how much of that material is more silk worms type than Better?

If he has 3 solid albums of material though, the wait and everything else will no longer matter.

axl mentioned having 60-70 instrumentals or songs finished in 1999. you do the math ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2008, 06:04:13 PM »

no doubt he has enough songs to fit 4 albums BUT are those high quality songs or are there filler and B side type Silkworms stuff.

If he has 4 albums with songs the quality of Better,Maddy, Blues and TWAT we are golden

If a lot of that stuff is Silkworms, OMG type........... Then we will have to wait and see.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2008, 06:24:43 PM »

well,  i meant, that if gnr already had 70 songs in 1999 and were working on 32 A-list songs in january 2006, we`re probably on the safe side, regarding the quality of the music peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »

that is true

what really intrigues me right now is, remember back when we heard how there were all sorts of different versions of each song?

Im not sure if we are even allowed to talk about that, its been so long ago I cant remember, so apologies Jarmo if we arent, but just imagine if we ever got to hear that.

I personally want to hear the album described in Rolling Stone that was Pink Floyd/Led Zep mixed by Trent Reznor and Beck i think it was

the electronica industrial album

I wanna hear that

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: