Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:13:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now  (Read 46170 times)
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »

We know 4 of the tentative titles of the songs that marco worked on.  Do we know if the titles of any those songs have changed?  just curious.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2008, 01:42:49 PM »

Isnt this topic breaking the rules?

surely you guys are talking about something that doesnt officially exist / hasnt been released?

-------and time goes by-------
wadey
Legend

« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2008, 03:18:48 PM »

We know 4 of the tentative titles of the songs that marco worked on.  Do we know if the titles of any those songs have changed?  just curious.

which are the songs hes worked on?

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2008, 03:38:47 PM »

which are the songs hes worked on?

Thyme, The General, Leave Me Alone, and Seven.

wadey
Legend

« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2008, 03:41:07 PM »

do you know if any of the tracks exists in demo form?

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2008, 03:48:39 PM »

'Leave Me Alone', 'Seven' 'The General' and 'Thyme' are refered by marco I believe. But the general seems to be on a latter album so....

thanks norway for the input.

Isnt this topic breaking the rules?

uh uh. It's based on the comments publicly stated. Nothing illegal.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:50:46 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Death Cube K
« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2008, 04:57:08 PM »

do you know if any of the tracks exists in demo form?

Big chance they do I would say, but you never know what Axl's intentions were and still is.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2008, 02:12:14 AM »

The first two albums was going to be distinctive diferent in sound. I think thats still the plan. peace

I really hope the 2nd album is industial meets psyedelic rock meets GNR gritty-ness. That'd be soo awesome. Maybe get some gothic flares in there?

Where's Mysteron when you need him?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2008, 06:43:01 AM »

I really hope the 2nd album is industial meets psyedelic rock meets GNR gritty-ness.
The second leans probably a little more to aggressive electronica with full guitars, where the first one is definitely more guitar-based.

Who knows, looking forward to Chi...err, the second album hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2008, 01:45:48 PM »

When i saw GnR in London in 2002, he said something about "maybe then we'll be done with the third albumn..." 

However, waiting for the first is about all i can take.  I dont care how it comes out, i'll take what i can get.

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2008, 06:36:43 AM »

Personally each album I think will have a different theme , a different message if you will,
and all the songs for that cd will reflect that message in some way

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2008, 12:16:47 PM »

I guess the albums together are a good package. They are all different, with different approaches and styles from each other and from the past Guns N' Roses records. ( yep I'm adjusting axl's comments on his 3 angels down tracks)

When i saw GnR in London in 2002, he said something about "maybe then we'll be done with the third albumn..." 

However, waiting for the first is about all i can take.  I dont care how it comes out, i'll take what i can get.

and people will be quite surprised to see one chinese democracy, let alone three.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »

Sebastian Bach was/is still on Sirius Faction 28 doing a phone interview with Jason Ellis.  He was asked about Chinese Democracy and he said that Axl played him 4 albums worth of material back in January 2007 and he assumed they were all set to go.  He then said he talked to Axl just last week and that he told him that he didn't have 4 albums ready for release.  He told him to stop saying that, and that he is concentrating on the ONE album and it will be out when he's ready to release it.  So, no 4 albums, confirmed by Sebastian Bach.  Whatever that's worth.  I don't think anyone actually truly believed we'd get 4 simultaneous albums, but anyway.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2008, 07:47:53 AM »

Sebastian Bach was/is still on Sirius Faction 28 doing a phone interview with Jason Ellis.  He was asked about Chinese Democracy and he said that Axl played him 4 albums worth of material back in January 2007 and he assumed they were all set to go.  He then said he talked to Axl just last week and that he told him that he didn't have 4 albums ready for release.  He told him to stop saying that, and that he is concentrating on the ONE album and it will be out when he's ready to release it.  So, no 4 albums, confirmed by Sebastian Bach.  Whatever that's worth.  I don't think anyone actually truly believed we'd get 4 simultaneous albums, but anyway.

I just used my illusions... didn't work... but anyway, let's hope the next album will be out soon! (N' Baz stop talkin'!). Keep thinkin' that release just 13-14 songs after all these years... I don't kown... maybe a bonus cd as Axl said once (back in 2001)...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »

I don't think anyone actually truly believed we'd get 4 simultaneous albums, but anyway.

No. Not simultaneously  but sequentially, one by one,  I hope.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2008, 01:24:15 PM »

I don't think anyone actually truly believed we'd get 4 simultaneous albums, but anyway.

No. Not simultaneously  but sequentially, one by one,  I hope.
Well it depends.  I think it's clear Axl does have 3 or 4 albums worth of material, but he's not ready to release them all.  Baz has heard the material, thought it was ready for release, but Axl told him he's focussing on the ONE album.  Who knows what the plan is after that.  I'd like to think we'd get 3 more down the line but I think we have to see how things go with number 1, most importantly get it out there first.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2008, 01:56:27 PM »

Lets think about this

If Axl does sign an exclusive agreement, It is POSSIBLE, not saying it will happen but it would be possible to have a mega boxset with 3 cds, a dvd, and this and that, sell it for 100 dollars.

THEN

Have a regular Chinese Democracy CD on sale and then have a best of the 3 cds that come in the boxset.

So u would have at one time:

Boxset 100 dollars walmart would purchase for 50 each
Chinese Democracy 10 dollars WM woudl purchase for 5 each
best of 15 dollars wally would purchase for 7.50 each

Three exclusive products at one time.

Say Walmart agrees to buy 200k boxsets   that is 10 million
Walmart buys 2 million copies of CD at say 5 dollars a copy  another 10 million
wally buys 3 million of the best of at 7.50 each that is 22.5 million

CD costs 14 million to make  say 5 million to promote, Label expenditures 19 million

Profit from the above  42.5 million dollars.

HUGE success.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2008, 02:14:13 PM »

Lets think about this

If Axl does sign an exclusive agreement, It is POSSIBLE, not saying it will happen but it would be possible to have a mega boxset with 3 cds, a dvd, and this and that, sell it for 100 dollars.

THEN

Have a regular Chinese Democracy CD on sale and then have a best of the 3 cds that come in the boxset.

So u would have at one time:

Boxset 100 dollars walmart would purchase for 50 each
Chinese Democracy 10 dollars WM woudl purchase for 5 each
best of 15 dollars wally would purchase for 7.50 each

Three exclusive products at one time.

Say Walmart agrees to buy 200k boxsets   that is 10 million
Walmart buys 2 million copies of CD at say 5 dollars a copy  another 10 million
wally buys 3 million of the best of at 7.50 each that is 22.5 million

CD costs 14 million to make  say 5 million to promote, Label expenditures 19 million

Profit from the above  42.5 million dollars.

HUGE success.

Well I know AC/DC is putting out a live DVD before the release of their album at wal mart.  If GnR did they same I would like to see a live show from 06,07 tour that would be cool.  What would be on the 3 cd's AFD re recorded ? I know for sure it won't be the other material they have.  early demo versions ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2008, 02:23:22 PM »

They could just put everything they've done up to this point thats ready to in there. Just wipe the slate clean on the entire CD era of GNR and start anew.

We did hear of 3 different versions of each song, So if they didnt want to give away new material they plan to release, they could put a CD of alternate versions, and a CD of B Sides that aren't gonna make any of the three cds.

I say just release it all at one time

The reason being, A song may work now, but in 3 years, it may not be relevant anymore, plus most musicians are constantly writing and recording new material, so why not just wipe the slate clean and start over from scratch while making a huge profit?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2008, 02:39:36 PM »

Lets get the first one out before we start worrying about the rest!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: