Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maybe 3 or even 4 albums.....suggested by a few insiders now  (Read 46195 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2008, 04:02:16 PM »

You're right, it was a tentative release date, but they did say that we would hear it by the end of the year right?

I have heard several times how they wanted it out in the past.

Still don't consider those as lies.

I said that there isn't a single in the works which means within the next couple of months, we shouldn't expect an album.  I wasn't saying that there would never be anything released.  If you misunderstood me, I appologize, but I never said no album at all.

Funny, because your attitude was a bit different earlier today:

What makes anyone think that they'll be putting anything out ever?  Axl is smart, he plays shows and has people believing that his band is going to put out more music.  It's all BS. 

Chinese Democracy ended in 1998!  ok

All I'm saying is that all of what we've heard is speculation... nothing solid in over 10 years.  Is that not true?

I wouldn't call what Axl has said as speculation.

Speculation comes from people like yourself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
qcmyoungwill
Headliner

Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2008, 04:12:17 PM »

HA!  Those are just the rants of a lunatic at 7am... you're right though, that is what I said... and thinking about it now, that isn't what I wanted to say.  You're right though, I can admit that.

I don't think though that I have speculated about anything, just asking questions.  I'd love to believe what Axl is saying, but I haven't read or heard anything to make me believe it's true.

And PS... I love a good debate.  This has made my workday so much more enjoyable.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2008, 04:45:49 PM »

HA!  Those are just the rants of a lunatic at 7am... you're right though, that is what I said... and thinking about it now, that isn't what I wanted to say.  You're right though, I can admit that.

I don't think though that I have speculated about anything, just asking questions.  I'd love to believe what Axl is saying, but I haven't read or heard anything to make me believe it's true.

And PS... I love a good debate.  This has made my workday so much more enjoyable.

Where the bloody hell did you appear from? This slight lull in activity brings all kind of people like you out, just  like slugs and snails on a wet night!

Mike
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 03:12:41 AM by 33 » Logged

qcmyoungwill
Headliner

Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2008, 04:52:30 PM »

Been here for about a year and a half.  Nice to meet you.

This is my 100th post?  I thought it would come with more insight and fanfare. lol
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2008, 07:38:01 PM »

Tommy told Kerrang in 2004 that the album was ready for mastering.

Axl said in 2006 'it is this year'. Not 'it might be this year', not 'it'll be this year if all goes to plan' - 'it IS this year'.

Merck told us there were 13 Tuesdays left in 06 and the album would be released on one of them - at that time he was under GNR's employ and could certainly legally release no such statement without Axl's say so.

Axl said if the March 2007 release date wasn't met we would be kept informed. It's June 2008. Axl hasn't personally issued a statement regarding the album in the last 15 months.

It is not a matter of opinion whether GNR fans have been lied to or not. Claiming otherwise is being every bit as blind and unbalanced as the naysayers. Without question, GNR fans were definitively promised an album in 2006 and that promise was broken. Sure, it was more than likely broken through necessity and circumstance - but promises should not be made to a legion of fans unless you are certain you can fulfill them.

I don't blame Axl for the way he's acted one bit. I understand he's in a unique position in the music world - unique in his standing, his band situation, and the challenges he faces. That doesn't mean his champions have to deny what has happened thus far, nor that his fans have to pretend he's flawless.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 07:40:55 PM by TomFriend » Logged

And there goes the challenger...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2008, 07:48:28 PM »

Tommy told Kerrang in 2004 that the album was ready for mastering.

Axl said in 2006 'it is this year'. Not 'it might be this year', not 'it'll be this year if all goes to plan' - 'it IS this year'.

Merck told us there were 13 Tuesdays left in 06 and the album would be released on one of them - at that time he was under GNR's employ and could certainly legally release no such statement without Axl's say so.

Axl said if the March 2007 release date wasn't met we would be kept informed. It's June 2008. Axl hasn't personally issued a statement regarding the album in the last 15 months.

It is not a matter of opinion whether GNR fans have been lied to or not. Claiming otherwise is being every bit as blind and unbalanced as the naysayers.
Now I could be wrong but it was my understanding that Axl said we'd HEAR music this year in 2006.  Which we did.  We heard the band play live, some new songs both leaks and live performances.  I don't remember him saying we'd have the album in our hands this year (2006).  And I also don't remember Merck saying the album would be released on one of the last 13 Tuesdays of the year in 2006.  I remember him saying that could be an option (which Axl later refuted).  But I don't ever remember him saying that it was for sure gonna be released without notice by years end.  As for Axl not keeping us informed.  You're right he hasn't come out with an official press release telling us the status of the album.  That'd be nice if he had, but I never really thought that would happen.  If you think Axl's all of a sudden gonna start blogging and letting us know what's going on in his head every day, you've got another thing coming.  I'm sure if he had something concrete to tell us, he would.  We'll just have to wait until then.  If you're not used to that by now I'm not sure what band you've been following all these years.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2008, 07:56:55 PM »

At the VMA backstage interview Axl was asked if the album was coming out soon. He responded "It is this year".

And there goes the challenger...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »

Still going on about that?

You got the explanation from Axl himself in December 2006.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2008, 08:05:46 PM »

At the VMA backstage interview Axl was asked if the album was coming out soon. He responded "It is this year".
Okay, I vaguely remember that.  Just did a quick search for it on youtube and couldn't find it.  He did address that in his open letter though, didn't he?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #149 on: June 06, 2008, 05:33:47 AM »

Yep, things were cleared in the open letter. But people read over it and focussed on other little things to whine about.

I mean, why be positive and optimistic when you can be negative and pessimistic....oh right, because they think they have already paid for the albums peace

This signature is very funny.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2008, 05:51:28 AM »

2 months and 2 days to the olympics....

their goes that supposed (coincide release with the olympics ) theory...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2008, 07:08:27 AM »

Who are the insiders ? I don't think the band members are...
What about the new management or the record company (account manger; I don't
know how it works in this business...

Last words : Keep positive ! This year it will be (must be) released !

CU
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2008, 12:36:33 PM »

Screw 3 or 4 albums....just release A album already!
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2008, 12:47:40 PM »

Screw 3 or 4 albums....just release A album already!
At this point, honeslty i would sttle for some news at least

Here Today..
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2008, 02:54:20 PM »

I bet their in neogations with not just releasing Chinese Democracy but also the other material they have as well.  I know there still in talks about releasing I asked that a while back, but what I really ment to ask was are they closer to getting a deal done or is it going slowly ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2008, 05:34:25 PM »

I kinda hope CD is the second or third one released, it would be cool to get a record full of totally new songs and be able to return to the likes of TWAT and Better in a few years.

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2008, 07:13:46 PM »

I'm curious what the album titles are going to be. We all think the album will be called "Chinese Democracy" however that may be the name of the series? Simple would be Chinese Democracy I, II, III, etc. or more complicated it could be "Chinese Democracy: Revenge" or "Chinese Democracy: Sorrow", etc. I mean the names are cheesy, but you get the idea.

I hope that all the material we heard in 2006 is on the first album.  smoking
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2008, 07:20:22 PM »

Maybe Chinese Democracy will be just a single album... 13 tracks... (maybe included a bonus cd)... the other songs recorded could be use in the future (or not) like they included AFD era songs in UYI n' covers recorded during UYI era in TSI
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2008, 11:06:50 AM »

alejoyp, did you see the quotes at all? confused

and funkymonkey probably don't speak norwegian but if you'd scroll down the norwegian website there were english questions and answers from baz, the first questions were just the magazines questions i guess, then there were a bunch of other questions ok

yea I should have gone back to the site. hihi

So is that the first time anyone has confirmed The General is on Chinese Democracy?

I don't think so. General has been mentioned several times as one of the 3/4 albums worth of chinese democracy material several times. and juding from baz comments, it will very likely be on the third not on the first.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #159 on: June 19, 2008, 11:25:23 AM »

"There is 2 records, the majority of the music's done and the majority of the vocal's done, and there's another half of a record thats being worked on. We were actually working on a song a little bit tonight thats not even on the first two records."

From Axl's radio appearance on Trunk's show.

And another tibit that I been having in my email for years now, nothing major but intresting nevertheless.
I sent email to the CS on beltrami's site in 04 I think, here's the reply:

In all, marco did writing and arrangements for 8 gnr songs of which we'veheard possibly 4 will be on the 1st new album but who knows and who knowswhen its really coming out. I'm sure you can understand why we cannot postsamples on the website.Best,buck

Whats new to some people is that it's 8, not 4. peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: