Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:36:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sebastian Bach +Axl...Back in The Saddle
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sebastian Bach +Axl...Back in The Saddle  (Read 3892 times)
GROWLERSG
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: May 21, 2008, 01:52:40 AM »

Hey im a long time veiwer of this great web page, yet I leave very few posts....As I veiw many pointless posts and optimestic rumors, I ask myself ....why oh why my fellow gnr fans don't build on what we have???   The whole world is waiting for CD..Am I wrong???  We have a taste of it on Sebastian Bach's album Angel Down...Gnr nation should be calling every radio station,wanting to hear these songs Axl is on, giving the whole world a taste of what is to come..I am just suprised to live in Detroit rock city and never hear the new Sebastian Bach+Axl song on the radio ever...If people really loved gnr this would be big stuff...come on people..Spread the word..GNR is Back in The Saddle
ben9785
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 03:07:38 AM »

Sure, but it's Sebastian Bach's record, with his songs. Axl is only a guest. They probably played it a few times just after it was released in excitement, after which time it'll probably only pop up on radio stations occasionally.

Axl and GNR won't be getting any direct promotion based on his appearance. If anything, Axl's appearance on the album would only be getting some more hype for Sebastian, that's it.

A more appropriate 'taste of things to come' for Guns N Roses would be releasing a Guns N Roses song to media, rather than Sebastian Bach.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 03:09:22 AM by ben785 » Logged
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 05:36:19 AM »

radio stations have a set play list. if the song is not on that list it does not get played. calling makes no difference. and the majority of rock stations see gnr and axl as a joke these days.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 05:46:46 AM »

radio stations have a set play list. if the song is not on that list it does not get played. calling makes no difference. and the majority of rock stations see gnr and axl as a joke these days.

which is very unfortunate indeed.  how quick everyone has forgotten.

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 06:06:08 AM »

I saw sebastian Bach last night in sydney at the Enmore (start of his world tour)

and he started the show with BACK IN THE SADDLE

The man was on fuckin fire, and hard to believe that hes 40's, hes still in his fucking prime!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 10:07:06 AM »

Roll Eyes

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 10:43:42 AM »

which is very unfortunate indeed.  how quick everyone has forgotten.

the majority doesn't even know who's in the band these days. back in 2006 at the garden show the people sitting next to me thought papa roach was gnr. and they asked me if this was chinese democracy. and axl looks good for his age. lol
guns_n_motley
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »

Geffen Wont allow baz to release any of the songs with axl as singles...

burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 02:12:37 PM »

radio stations in the Boston area play GNR all the time... so does sirius satellite radio 
lost in the garden
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 02:21:41 PM »

Aerosmith is  my favorite band EVER, Axl & Sabastian are two of my favorite SINGERS ( just below Steven Tyler)

now here is the problem

Sebastian's recordings sound like crap............they are mixed Terrible

Even with 3 of my favorite people in the world invlolved I have only listened to Bas's 'Back in the Saddle' maybe 3 or 4 times

the levels are so far off
, it sounds like I was playing on my laptop drunk,... Axl Rose & Sabastian Bach came over, and we recorded it the whole thing in a couple hours  yes

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:23:18 PM by lost in the garden » Logged
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 04:41:37 PM »

radio stations in the Boston area play GNR all the time... so does sirius satellite radio 

yeah the original lineup. all rock stations playlists have AFD songs on them. just look at the sales for the greatest hits.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 05:53:47 PM »

Hey im a long time veiwer of this great web page, yet I leave very few posts....Spread the word..GNR is Back in The Saddle

Very few posts?  1?  Huh

Anyway, the song sucks. This particular version is terrible. No one outside of Axl Rose wants to hear shit from Sabastian Bach, unfortunately. Axl may as well have sung a duet with Clay Aiken - it would have had as much relevance, and unfortunately, probably more.

We want the CD, and we would like to hear what this version of Gnr has been doing all of these years, not Axl singing a classic Aerosmith anthem with the singer from Skid Row

Anyways, just being honest.

McDuff
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 05:56:14 PM »

Aerosmith is  my favorite band EVER, Axl & Sabastian are two of my favorite SINGERS ( just below Steven Tyler)

now here is the problem

Sebastian's recordings sound like crap............they are mixed Terrible

Even with 3 of my favorite people in the world invlolved I have only listened to Bas's 'Back in the Saddle' maybe 3 or 4 times

the levels are so far off
, it sounds like I was playing on my laptop drunk,... Axl Rose & Sabastian Bach came over, and we recorded it the whole thing in a couple hours  yes

Well I think Axl Rose & Sebastians version of Back in The Saddle is cool,but yeah I agree the mix isn't right. smoking
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 06:09:53 PM »

While I don't think Angel Down is perfectly mixed, I don't think "Back in the Saddle" is badly mixed.

I mean Aerosmith's original version doesn't exactly sound stellar. I mean we love it because it's the original and that's how we remember it, but it's not mixed very well. The guitars are higher in the mix than  Steven's voice and when he really shrieks, the awesome yelp is drowned out by the drums. Not to mention the grain in the background.

Both you really have to crank to hear the vocals to satisfaction.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 06:15:21 PM »

I like the song.

It's been on my myspace playlist for quite sometime now.  I dig it.

Axl:  "I'm loadin' up my pistol.....oooh yeahhh!"

Good stuff.

MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 07:03:35 PM »

Geffen Wont allow baz to release any of the songs with axl as singles...

I'm not disputing you, but how do you know that or where did you read it from.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 07:08:50 PM »

yeah, amazing! But i got to say, what Axl does on Stuck inside... Thats so heavy stuff! If cd holds that kind of quality! Then ..  i could wait one more decade..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »

yeah, amazing! But i got to say, what Axl does on Stuck inside... Thats so heavy stuff! If cd holds that kind of quality! Then ..  i could wait one more decade..

Speak for yourself.   beer
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 01:02:21 AM »

thats true..same here in NY...the dj's LOVE GNR....as in Axl, SLash, Duff, Steven and Izzy, they dont even recognize the new band....which pisses me off on a daily basis....everyday is like "i wish Axl and Slash would just get their shit together" or something like that...then its a quick joke about how long CD is taking, then its on to a Foo Fighter song....why would we call up the radio stations?  Once CD comes out and they see how good it is, they will be kissing the new bands asses...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 07:11:37 AM »

thats true..same here in NY...the dj's LOVE GNR....as in Axl, SLash, Duff, Steven and Izzy, they dont even recognize the new band....which pisses me off on a daily basis....everyday is like "i wish Axl and Slash would just get their shit together" or something like that...then its a quick joke about how long CD is taking, then its on to a Foo Fighter song....why would we call up the radio stations?  Once CD comes out and they see how good it is, they will be kissing the new bands asses...

Sorry, but this happens with every new band that has been around a while these days-right now here in Cleveland you still hear Metallica's Enter Sandman, Motley's Dr. Feelgood, more than you do the new material they put out-I don't like it either, but that's just the way things are

libertad
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: