Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 03:59:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard in Japanese guitar magazines
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard in Japanese guitar magazines  (Read 12962 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 07:04:33 PM »

And based on what Richard has said, we can be sure the album is with the label now, and there's no reason why it won't come out this year.

That's an assumption made by you.

The album is finished, they're working on its release.

So technically, the release is up to the record company but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're in possession of the masters.

/jarmo

Im sure GNR and theyr managment are doing everything to not make the master come in hands of people who can "loose it"
So i hope they are still holding on to it.. But i guess there is alot of work going on when it comes to a major release like this..

he also says the other songs for the other albums are finished..

Which is what Baz has also said.

That there's more than one album worth of material.

/jarmo

Even cooler to hear it from a bandmember!
I wonder if GnR manegment are in talks with the lable about the other albums also..
or if its only the release of the first one...

Exactly, its great to hear someone in the band actually say it.

Regarding the management, I think at this point they would only be discussing the release of the first album.

But I think once the first album were to come out, then the rest of the albums should follow without great delay - as Richard said, it hopefully won't take 10 years for the next album, since the management would have negotiated a deal by then

Yeah.. thats the really "good news" about this interview.. and with GnR guitarists start appering in magazines and stuff.. really cool to let people who
dont know about them get to know them =)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ben9785
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 07:12:23 PM »

And based on what Richard has said, we can be sure the album is with the label now, and there's no reason why it won't come out this year.

So technically, the release is up to the record company but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're in possession of the masters.

/jarmo

Oh sorry, that wasn't my assumption, thats what I understood from the interview, but then again I might have misunderstood the translation, i thought it said "For quite some time now completed and already delivered" - that was from the google translation
guns_n_motley
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 07:17:14 PM »

ya, he does say it was completed and delivered in the google translated interview..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 07:19:14 PM »

/jarmo

Oh sorry, that wasn't my assumption, thats what I understood from the interview, but then again I might have misunderstood the translation, i thought it said "For quite some time now completed and already delivered" - that was from the google translation

You could be right here ben

this is was the google translation says "Well, I can tell you that. もうだいぶ前に完成していて、レーベルにもすでに渡している状態だ。 For quite some time now completed and the labels are already being delivered"

but.. lol.. not easy to make "real" sence out of it, but it mentions "labels" and "delivered"
Guess we have to wait for suntorytime`s translation

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ben9785
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 07:21:49 PM »

Oh yeah, you understood it that way as well Nytunz?
But as you said also, it just could be the way the translation came out since the sentences are jumbled and possibly some words were mistranslated..

Anyway, whether the label actually has the album yet or not, this news is encouraging
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 07:28:39 PM »

But as you said also, it just could be the way the translation came out since the sentences are jumbled and possibly some words were mistranslated..

Anyway, whether the label actually has the album yet or not, this news is encouraging

Yeah...
or..  For quite some time now completed and the labels are already being delivered"  That they have started with delivering of lables..  hihi
I wonder if that is good buisness..  brand new label!!! 1.... 2.... 3... sold to the man in black sunglasses!

Good news what so ever! If its deliverd or not?? who cares.. thats not up to us.. im not like.. .worry about they loosing it or something..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 07:30:49 PM »

It's something said in English translated into Japanese translated into English.

A few steps where things can get lost...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »

It's something said in English translated into Japanese translated into English.

A few steps where things can get lost...

/jarmo

"Mellan Ting och Text" you find the truth...
thats for sure.. But whatever, a very interesting interview with Fortus. also nice to see that he is out there doing things!
Lets hope he and the Furs plays other countrys than Spain =)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 07:58:57 PM »

Am I the only one sort of taken back by this comment?      "but he thinks it's an album you either love or hate. hardly a 'so so' comment will come out in his opinion."  This, to me, is pretty much an indicator that people looking forward to a 'GNR' record are gonig to be dissapointed.  I mean, I like the fact that Axl is taking a new creative approach, but the idea that it is going to be loved or hated doesn't sit well with me.  Any one care to comment?  Am I misinterpreting the translation? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 08:05:52 PM »

Am I the only one sort of taken back by this comment?      "but he thinks it's an album you either love or hate. hardly a 'so so' comment will come out in his opinion."  This, to me, is pretty much an indicator that people looking forward to a 'GNR' record are gonig to be dissapointed.  I mean, I like the fact that Axl is taking a new creative approach, but the idea that it is going to be loved or hated doesn't sit well with me.  Any one care to comment?  Am I misinterpreting the translation? 

Like Axl himself said in 2006: "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 08:10:24 PM »

Like Axl himself said in 2006: "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

/jarmo

This is the exciting thing! I dont want a new appetite, i dont want new illusion records.. I want to see that GnR`s next move is.. Why do the same things
over and over again.. Its like a new Tool record. You know its gonne be alot different then the last record, but its still Tool...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 09:00:05 PM »

The music from Guns n Roses from the last century was magnificent and i love it,but the music that is to come for this Centuryfrom them is going to be not only awesome , but a masterpiece because of all the time and effort put into it, plus the commitment by Axl to his art.
And for those that didnt love AFD usualy hate it, like my aunt lol  rofl

Here Today..
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 09:09:18 PM »

I wrote a small essay I never felt was good enough to publish, but one thing that I observed about GNR and music and the world as a whole is that lightning rarely strikes in the same place twice.

Star Wars was released in 1977 and it was arguably the most revolutionary film of all time. The original trilogy is regarded by many fans and critics as the greatest piece of storytelling in cinema history. Then the "new" trilogy was released, Episodes I-III, to mixed and usually negative reviews. They're still entertaining films but the films lost their grounding and there was too much (poorly done) CGI and character relationships took a backseat to action and flash. Also the new films lacked the pseudo-B-movie look that made trilogy so fun to watch. The original series had an interesting setting with memorable characters and a compelling story while the later series was too familiar and ironic. Film Aficionados will remember how star Wars was seen by the studios as destined to fail which only pushed Lucas and the rest of the crew to make the best product that they could. The shortsighted movie studio couldn't see the good in the project but only the bottom line and the amount of money that the project was going over-budget.

Fast forward to 2003 and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King has just swept the 76th Academy Awards. The film is now regarded on the same level (and by some better) than the original Star Wars trilogy. Similar to Lucas' groundbreaking franchise, Rings mastered character relationships and heartfelt storytelling, an interesting atmosphere and setting, while pushing the limits of computer-generated imagery farther than ever seen before.

Just because the band members that are bringing you Chinese Democracy are different than the ones that brought you Appetite for Destruction, doesn't mean that it's going to be horrible. Could Episodes I-III of Star Wars been just as revolutionary as the original trilogy? It's possible, but highly unlikely, because people get stale and uninspired. The original Guns experienced this, they got to the top and got lazy and uninspired. Everyone who heard about Lucas making three more films in 1994 were overjoyed. They couldn't wait to see the films, but today are they as enthusiastic? Probably not.

Like others have said, this isn't the same band as before and the record this band is putting out isn't Appetite, Lies, or the Illusions, but the band is still Guns N' Roses. Both Star Wars and Lord of the Rings share many common themes: the concern for justice, the question of the supernatural, the love of nature, and the sentiment that no matter how tyrannical something becomes or how advanced their technology, it is no match for the power of the human spirit. Both bands are dirty, fun, fast paced, pure and hardcore rock n' roll. While the old Guns is like Star Wars that they were young, fast and spontaneous while the new Guns is like Rings, more dark, mature, and fully-realized. Fans will like one over the other, but a critic and objective observer look will realize the strengths of both bands.

The point of this summation is that there always will be those who don't believe, those who look at petty things like finances, and those who refuse to embrace things because they'd have to admit they were wrong. As long as the record is genuine and Axl and the band pours themselves into it like we think, there is no doubt that the record will be a success.

Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm willing to take a chance.  peace
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 09:14:39 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 09:16:17 PM »

Just because the band members that are bringing you Chinese Democracy are different than the ones that brought you Appetite for Destruction, doesn't mean that it's going to be horrible. Could Episodes I-III of Star Wars been just as revolutionary as the original trilogy? It's possible, but highly unlikely, because people get stale and uninspired. The original Guns experienced this, they got to the top and got lazy and uninspired. Everyone who heard about Lucas making three more films in 1994 were overjoyed. They couldn't wait to see the films, but today are they as enthusiastic? Probably not.

ok this part im sorry, but there is tons of fans that constantly unload money and are axiously waiting for the next movie and tv series. You will see them again waiting outside theaters again. and they buy books, games, and aciton figures. They are as exited in star wars since the day the first watched epside 4.

But very nice read, and you got some important points of view across,  agree on most 

Here Today..
cineater
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 09:46:58 PM »

Futher proof we need Robin.  Nice interview Richard.  Now if you'd just walk down the street and collect him, we can be ready to go.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2008, 10:52:39 PM »

Likin the interview, but will anything actually come of it?  We've had countless interviews just like this one and NOTHING ever happens.  Here's to hoping! beer
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 11:57:11 PM »

Not really.  Listening to the leaks, the metalheads and blues rock "purists" who are expecting another AFD probably won't like it

People who liked the more progressive route the UYI's took will enjoy it.  The new songs are a lot moodier, modern sounding and more complex than the stuff on AFD so people hoping for that sound probably won't like it as much.

Some of my friends who don't really like the old GnR and are more into stuff like Tool and Muse have been impressed with the new songs, but there's no doubt that some people fiending for the balls to the wall blues rock of AFD won't like it
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 12:36:35 AM »

Jarmo,
I actually thought about that quote you referenced prior to having written my initial comment.  I wonder if any of the leaks fit into the 'atleast a few songs on there that you are going to like" category. 
PrimaDonna
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 02:57:29 AM »

Jarmo,
I actually thought about that quote you referenced prior to having written my initial comment.  I wonder if any of the leaks fit into the 'atleast a few songs on there that you are going to like" category. 

Yes. At least according to Axl in 2006. He said Better, TWAT and The Blues were amongst his favorites on the record.
ben9785
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 03:11:42 AM »

Jarmo,

We can't really assume the musical extent of all the material at this point since we've only heard a few songs from what is possibly 30 or 40 songs if not more, based on the 'multiple album' possibility. What we've heard so far though does have a consistent Guns N Roses sound to it, although more updated and progressive also. Who knows what the rest of it sounds like though..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: