Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 03:58:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard in Japanese guitar magazines
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard in Japanese guitar magazines  (Read 12961 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: May 20, 2008, 02:19:17 PM »

During his recent trip to Japan, Richard was interviewed by some Japanese guitar magazines.

Guitar magazine, June issue.
There's some nice pictures here http://guitar.digimart.net/2008/05/post_142.html (scroll down a bit)

There's also some Richard stuff in Total Guitar's June issue.

Hopefully suntorytime will be able to give us a quick translation of what was said.  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 04:01:57 PM »

This is mad. he talks about cd gnr and his guitars. a lot!

the interview @ the guitar magazine on line

---Firstly asked if cd is finished 

Richard answers in affirmative adding that it's been ready for a while.

and he had good news on the previous day (the interview was done on the 29th march) regarding the management
at last the new management is decided on. things seem to be moving pretty good way.
till then they couldn't come to terms with the label so that they couldn't see the release in sight. Now with the management being set, the release in this year is finally likely.
he's so excited.

---asked what role each guitarist plays in the guitar triplet,

He says he and Robin make the bases of guitar parts and ron fills in on them. Ron's role (in the triplet) is like BHs in the past.
He and Robin have played together for long pulling out each others quality splendidly he believes. the three of them have respective styles of playing they are good at and axl knows it well and gives them suggestions like 'you try your solo for this bit'
that way no ego clash is involved but the trio are unified in a fashion that brings out the best in each others.

---To the question "overall what kind of album would you say it is? and what period of gnr do you think this is close to?"

He replies that
It's totally different from any previous album of GNR or of other bands. Very heterogeneous one for sure. he honestly still can't hear it objectively enough to describe it properly but he thinks it's an album you either love or hate. hardly a 'so so' comment will come out in his opinion. It's that extreme or excessive album. he loves it and is proud of it.

Furthermore, the release of this album is to be quickly followed by the next one. the songs are more than ready enough that he can promise  that it won?t be like after ten years since the first one.

---About the equipment he used for the album,

too many to name all. he mainly used vintage Marshall. besides that, being a huge fan of divided by 13 amplifiers he used it pretty heavily in the studio. Or old Gibson tweed amp and for solos, another old fender super champ. Hiwatt or vox?quite a lot were brought in.
The same is true with guitars. he tried all kinds of guitar. Not just les paul.  telecaster, jazzmaster, silvertone and so forth.
and when it comes to pedals, they were just, beyond number.

---Asked about the accessories around the control of the les paul custom he took for the x japan shows.

His custom has to have an on/off switch on its tone knob. By pushing it he can play switching. there're also Master volume and master tone.

The one with him is a reissue of 68 model les paul custom. he digs it and has three of them. he thinks it shame that they don't make it anymore. he had the pickup changed for Tom Holmes. Tom Holmes pickups are excellent.
Most of his guitars have the pickups replaced with either tom Holmes or Jason rollers.

---To fans looking forward to seeing GNR in japan

He had great times last year and this time it's really beautiful particuraly in the cherry blossoms season. he can't wait for playing in japan again.

paraphrases. sorry about any odd bit.  Kiss

yay gnr jarmo and everybody come to japan!!! lets do sakamori (drinkin party)  beer
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 12:15:52 PM by suntorytime » Logged
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 04:11:36 PM »

Woow! Thanks for the translation suntorytime!  ok
This sounds really really good! Love or Hate album?? Im a bit sceard about that!
What if i end up hate it? haha.. yea, like thats gonne happen!  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 04:25:56 PM »

I'm already loving it!  love

thanks for sharing.
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 04:31:12 PM »

I'll get the other article later.  Stay tuned. peace
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 04:55:59 PM »

For relaxing time, make it Suntory time.  beer

Great interview from Mr. Fortus. With all the silence going on up in here, one is inclined to think things could blow up at any minute. Fortus has always been underrated in my opinion and I love how he describes the way the triad plays together. Awesome stuff.
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 05:04:47 PM »

Nice interview.

Good on Richard! Interesting about the roles the guitarists play. Hard to pass judgement on when we don't know what it'll sound like on record, but judging from the live shows, Robin and Richard have amazing chemistry. And Ron fit in nicely as the tour progressed.

peace

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 05:08:25 PM »

thanks for the info  ok

Here Today..
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 05:11:05 PM »

thanks for the heads up jarmo...and the translation suntorytime   ok

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 05:44:22 PM »

Awesome! Thanks guys!  peace

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 05:45:59 PM »

OMG

Shocked

GUNS N' ROSES Unity Forever !!!!

excelent Interview... Thankz...

beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 06:14:48 PM »

So gnr members are actually allowed to talk about gnr? Wow! that's a surprise!
and as far as the album being released this year well I'll only believe it when it's in my cd player...

But still it's good to see that a gnr member is talking about the band he's in rather than talking about their silly side projects...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 06:37:32 PM »

I put it into google translator..just click on the link and scroll down...its abit more revealing

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fguitar.digimart.net%2F2008%2F05%2Fpost_142.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

he also says the other songs for the other albums are finished..
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 06:40:16 PM by guns_n_motley » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 06:43:14 PM »

Which is what Baz has also said.

That there's more than one album worth of material.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ben9785
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 06:51:36 PM »

Thanks alot Jarmo and suntorytime for providing the interview/translation.

The online translation is interesting also.. Thanks guns_n_motley

Overall this is probably one of the best GNR interviews that has come out.. No gossip and speculation - rather, its some interesting information about the album ITSELF

And based on what Richard has said, we can be sure the album is with the label now, and there's no reason why it won't come out this year.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 06:52:39 PM »

/jarmo

Even cooler to hear it from a bandmember!
I wonder if GnR manegment are in talks with the lable about the other albums also..
or if its only the release of the first one...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ben9785
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 06:54:38 PM »

/jarmo

Even cooler to hear it from a bandmember!
I wonder if GnR manegment are in talks with the lable about the other albums also..
or if its only the release of the first one...

Exactly, its great to hear someone in the band actually say it.

Regarding the management, I think at this point they would only be discussing the release of the first album.

But I think once the first album were to come out, then the rest of the albums should follow without great delay - as Richard said, it hopefully won't take 10 years for the next album, since the management would have negotiated a deal by then
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »

And based on what Richard has said, we can be sure the album is with the label now, and there's no reason why it won't come out this year.

That's an assumption made by you.

The album is finished, they're working on its release.

So technically, the release is up to the record company but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're in possession of the masters.

/jarmo

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 06:59:15 PM »

It's so true about the 'love-it-or-hate-it' statement. Either you're in love with the album or you're skeptical. There's not really an in-between.
Hopefully when it hits we'll turn those frowns upside down.  Tongue

If this interview, the new management, and the Dr. Pepper Campaign are any indication, this is going to be a very interesting year for Guns N' Roses. Just like Richard, "we're so excited".

So technically, the release is up to the record company but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're in possession of the masters.
Correct. But it's safe to say and a well founded assumption that the record executives like the material, as the band is in negotiations and have been done recording for some time now, right? To me that's encouraging. I mean, I like the material, but if everyone else does, then this chapter is closed.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 07:01:43 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 07:01:04 PM »

Thanks guys for the  info. I wonder how many albums Gn'R still owes the label?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: