Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:31:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 23502 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2008, 11:36:31 AM »

I dont know why everyone is bitching

To me this is a great thing.

CD is handed in right...... just in negotiations.

Guarantee this was one of the record labels demands.  Another GH to refuel interest in GNR and just to get everyone in the public back reintroduced while at the same time making a little more money.

This paves the way for the release of CD.

so we should be rejoicing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2008, 02:19:01 PM »

Is it posted on gunsnroses.com? No.

Until it is, don't assume Guns N' Roses is releasing anything.

To me this sounds more like the record company is re-releasing an album that sold more than they could've imagined.

/jarmo

The record company is more than capable of releasing Guns N' Roses product without the band member's endorsement, as evidenced by the GH album's release first time around.

And there goes the challenger...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2008, 02:20:27 PM »

I dont know why everyone is bitching

To me this is a great thing.

CD is handed in right...... just in negotiations.

Guarantee this was one of the record labels demands.  Another GH to refuel interest in GNR and just to get everyone in the public back reintroduced while at the same time making a little more money.

This paves the way for the release of CD.

so we should be rejoicing.

was thinking just the same thing when i read your post  ok ok
get more people familiar with guns music again then release the record...hopefully.....maybe.....

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2008, 02:42:33 PM »

I dont see the point - you can buy it from HMV, Woolworths, Asda etc for around ?5. it's not as though it was released then deleated after a month due to the lawsuit
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2008, 02:53:14 PM »

This just means that GH will get more visible placing at some of the stores for a few weeks.  Labels do this all the time and it's no big deal.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2008, 03:11:31 PM »

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT... YOU READ Good, OK ? :

This Is MARKETING Strategy From Staff Management.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2008, 03:21:06 PM »

HBK *

I doubt that, since this is something Polydor is doing in the UK alone.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2008, 03:27:49 PM »

HBK *

I doubt that, since this is something Polydor is doing in the UK alone.

And Universal Japan apparently  hihi

If it gives gnr extra airplay then so be it I guess
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 03:35:34 PM by Mysteron » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2008, 03:40:40 PM »

Greatest Hits is going to be re-released in Japan Too:

Greatest Hits (Super-High Material) Pre-Order Now! Available: Tuesday, July 01, 2008

SHM-CD reissue featuring the 2004 edit of this release. The high quality SHM-CD (Super High Material CD) format features enhanced audio quality through the use of a special polycarbonate plastic. Using a process developed by JVC and Universal Music Japan discovered through the joint companies' research into LCD display manufacturing, SHM-CDs feature improved transparency on the data side of the disc, allowing for more accurate reading of CD data by the CD player laser head. SHM-CD format CDs are fully compatible with standard CD players. This release is also part of the 200-album SHM-CD Series Campaign from Universal Music Japan.

Oh wow....

I've heard of vinyl LPs sounding better when they're released on heavier LPs (160, 180 or 200g), but this is amusing.

Apparently the laser can read the disc better due to the plastic. So all these years we've been listening to CDs that sound bad because of the material they've made out of?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2008, 03:45:18 PM »

Greatest Hits (Super-High Material) Pre-Order Now! Available: Tuesday, July 01, 2008

SHM-CD reissue featuring the 2004 edit of this release. The high quality SHM-CD (Super High Material CD) format features enhanced audio quality through the use of a special polycarbonate plastic. Using a process developed by JVC and Universal Music Japan discovered through the joint companies' research into LCD display manufacturing, SHM-CDs feature improved transparency on the data side of the disc, allowing for more accurate reading of CD data by the CD player laser head. SHM-CD format CDs are fully compatible with standard CD players. This release is also part of the 200-album SHM-CD Series Campaign from Universal Music Japan.

Oh wow....

I've heard of vinyl LPs sounding better when they're released on heavier LPs (160, 180 or 200g), but this is amusing.

Apparently the laser can read the disc better due to the plastic. So all these years we've been listening to CDs that sound bad because of the material they've made out of?  hihi

/jarmoe vinyl lp
it sure sounds like it. But i still love the vinyl smell in my old lps

Here Today..
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »

Oh wow....

/jarmo

What would really kick ass would be a deluxe edition of Appetite, so long as we're milking the old stuff. After years of just listening to bootlegs, I was amazed at how subdued the original album actually sounds. The fact that one of the best selling albums of all time has never had any kind of special edition is pretty surprising in this day and age. It would be awesome to have, say, that and a disc of demos along with a DVD of the famous MTV-aired Roxy show.

And there goes the challenger...
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2008, 06:53:33 PM »

Oh wow....

/jarmo

What would really kick ass would be a deluxe edition of Appetite, so long as we're milking the old stuff. After years of just listening to bootlegs, I was amazed at how subdued the original album actually sounds. The fact that one of the best selling albums of all time has never had any kind of special edition is pretty surprising in this day and age. It would be awesome to have, say, that and a disc of demos along with a DVD of the famous MTV-aired Roxy show.
I would buy that peace

Here Today..
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2008, 06:56:34 PM »

2) Maybe they're just trying to amp up interest in GNR before they unleash the beast.

It's at least theoretically possible that they don't want to release CD into a GN'R vacuum... May not be a bad idea to re-stoke the flames 3-6 months beforehand with a re-release of Greatest Hits... That's our best hope at least...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
lost in the garden
« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2008, 02:01:05 AM »

Well, I posted this at mygnrforum.com but I suppose I'll post it here too:

Maybe it's something like this (which I bought and now own):

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=431437

I know that these were originally for the USA (but never came out yet to my knowledge), but maybe now they only plan on releasing it in the UK? Same tracklist but different packaging (2 in fact), plus an offer to download all their other albums for only $6.99 each. And an included podcast. I'd say either an attempt to just make more money off of the GH release (highly likely) or a clever promotional tool leading up to a digital release of Chinese Democracy. Only time will tell.

Tim

But, this ain't a Geffen release, it says Hip-O.

Strange,
Hip-O records is one the imprints Motley Crue uses for it's back catolog, that and sometimes Motley Records.
I know the credits are inccorectly listed as Elvis Costello, but what does Motley have to do with GNR or E. Costello?
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2008, 02:43:51 AM »

I know that these were originally for the USA (but never came out yet to my knowledge), but maybe now they only plan on releasing it in the UK? Same tracklist but different packaging (2 in fact), plus an offer to download all their other albums for only $6.99 each. And an included podcast. I'd say either an attempt to just make more money off of the GH release (highly likely) or a clever promotional tool leading up to a digital release of Chinese Democracy. Only time will tell.

Tim

Strange,
Hip-O records is one the imprints Motley Crue uses for it's back catolog, that and sometimes Motley Records.
I know the credits are inccorectly listed as Elvis Costello, but what does Motley have to do with GNR or E. Costello?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip-O_Records

The next link here is for GNR items issued with Motor Music on the label (for example this: http://www.troccolitm.com/cdliveragermpro.html?1184806650390)

http://new.umusic.com/News.aspx?NewsId=143

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
lost in the garden
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2008, 02:55:02 AM »

Tim

Strange,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip-O_Records

The next link here is for GNR items issued with Motor Music on the label (for example this: http://www.troccolitm.com/cdliveragermpro.html?1184806650390)

http://new.umusic.com/News.aspx?NewsId=143
Nice Work  ok
Thanks Trocolli

also, according to the Amazon UK link the Greatest Hits CD would seem to be currently out of print in the UK since the only copies available until the release date are used ones. I know it is still in print in the U.S., but could it currently be out of print in other countries?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2008, 03:07:30 AM »

Oh wow....

/jarmo

This really pisses me off....for the past 14 years Axl has worked his ass off to keep GNR's integrity and not just put out bullshit to exploit the GNR name to make money...and that is exactly what the record label is doing....
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2008, 05:00:08 AM »

Anything heard from the negotiations?
lost in the garden
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2008, 12:21:42 AM »

in this day and age it is completly typical of record labels to release the same Greatest Hits package over and over (ex. Motley Crue, Poison, Aerosmith). But,usually it comes with a new album title, new packaging and a slightly different song list, how is it THAT GUNS N ROSES GET'S NONE OF THAT  HuhHuhHuh............just the exacy same CD.

And not even a good greatest hits package in the first place
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 12:23:52 AM by lost in the garden » Logged
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2008, 05:27:13 AM »

Maybe some stupid question...but what is a re-release? It's the same album, same songs etc... it has been released and it's in the stores....

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: