Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:23:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 23549 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 01:42:39 PM »

was it initially released in the UK? or just in North America?

World wide release.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 01:44:02 PM »

was it initially released in the UK? or just in North America?

World wide release.

thanks jarmo...I thought so but wasnt 100% sure.

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »

1) Maybe there's a hidden bonus track.  2) Maybe they're just trying to amp up interest in GNR before they unleash the beast.  3) Maybe the story isn't true.  I don't really get the concept of just re-releasing a CD that was released 4 years ago and has sold well over the years.  I hope it's not JUST to increase profits, I hope there's a more concrete reason behind it.  I'm going with my second theory.

CD should get enough interest w/out the need to re-release GH as an appetiser! Then again who knows what thse record execs are planning!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »

Notice how both these news sources are UK based?

/jarmo
IT'S ALL AdZ's FAULT!!!  rant

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 01:48:45 PM »

I hate GH's songlist. However, it was this album who made me a fan so...  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 01:50:17 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Greatest Hits' To be Re-Released In UK - May 15, 2008

NME.com reports that GUNS N' ROSES' "Greatest Hits" collection, which was originally released in March of 2004, will be reissued in the UK on June 2, apparently in time for Father's Day (June 15).

According to a press release about the album, the collection is being re-released "especially for Father's Day, as it's most definitely the only album of choice for any serious rockfather."

"Greatest Hits" sold more than 9,000 copies in the United States last week alone (week ending May 11), bringing the total number of copies sold since its release to 4.1 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose, along with ex-members Slash and Duff McKagan, tried to block the release of "Greatest Hits" with a lawsuit, claiming that the record label had assembled the CD without their input. The band's label, Geffen Records, insisted that it was forced to put out a greatest hits album since Axl Rose had failed to deliver the long-delayed new GUNS album, "Chinese Democracy".

Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 01:54:25 PM »

This does not compute. headscratch
At least, they could have changed a few tracks and called it GH2. No imagination whatsoever...

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »

At least, they could have changed a few tracks and called it GH2. No imagination whatsoever...

You say you're re-releasing it and put out a press release. You immediately get some publicity for it.

The fact that it's the same album that they put out over four years ago means they don't need to spend any more money on it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 01:59:18 PM »

"Greatest Hits" sold more than 9,000 copies in the United States last week alone (week ending May 11), bringing the total number of copies sold since its release to 4.1 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Hmm, I wonder if the 100 million albums sold-point has been passed...

Not bad for a band that only has released a couple "real" albums + some live & cover-shit  Smiley

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 02:04:08 PM »

You say you're re-releasing it and put out a press release. You immediately get some publicity for it.

The fact that it's the same album that they put out over four years ago means they don't need to spend any more money on it.

/jarmo

If it's just publicity they're after, they could have just put out a press release saying 'Long awaited Guns album CD to be released soon', or something similar, which would generate way more publicity than this. My point is why?

Fuck 'Em All.
G2N2R
Rocker

Just a little? Maybe a LIL more...

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2008, 02:14:04 PM »

This is stupid, don't know what else to say.

Re-release an album that is already out there at stores to purchase? Makes no sense, sounds moronic, and makes me scratch my head and chuckle at the sheer unimaginative ludacris nature of this. I mean just across the street from my house, at a place that cells CD's, the thing is still on the top 30... so why announce that your re-releasing the exact same thing?  confused

Maybe it will come with a GNR sticker! That will make all the difference in the world, and although I already have the exact same CD i'll purchase this re-release for that very sticker  ok

I can't live without my train, my laptop, or my incredible urge to dance without my pants!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2008, 02:20:05 PM »

Monutary benefits is their motives I guess.
Not sure this creates PR for Chinese Democracy, since it's the old band. But maybe it does?

That could also be a reason, that it helps market the name before they launch CD peace

Will be intresting to see what GunsN'Roses themself say. hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 02:26:23 PM »

how do you re-release something thats still on the shelves. just give the store a whole new box of cds or what.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2008, 02:31:43 PM »

Perhaps they haven't pressed new copies for some time and are "re-releasing" it to generate additional sales.  Nothing more then promotion.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2008, 02:41:20 PM »

So they are just pushing the same album to the media?

THey should add something, a booklet, or something. Anything Gn'R related I love.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2008, 02:42:19 PM »

So they are just pushing the same album to the media?

THey should add something, a booklet, or something. Anything Gn'R related I love.

It's obviously not aimed at the hardcore fans. I think we established that fact in 2004.

/jarmo

wadey
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »

Tesco.com have it listed as 2nd june release and are selling the fucker for ?6 inc postage.....which in my opinion is a fucking insult...!!!!!!!! definately cant be getting re done for the money

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2008, 02:49:32 PM »

definately cant be getting re done for the money

They're not giving it away for free....

I don't think they're losing money on selling it for ?6.

/jarmo

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2008, 02:52:44 PM »

some sites already started the whole "REUNION BLA BLA BLA " because of this lol
So maybe we will get an update fomr GNR to clarify or just say yea we rereleasing etc

Here Today..
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »

definately cant be getting re done for the money

They're not giving it away for free....

I don't think they're losing money on selling it for ?6.

/jarmo

All things considered, I think they're making a pretty penny.

Keep in mind, when looking at a CD, the costs are usually minimal on physical production.  Advertising, I think we can all agree, isn't going to be widespread or a huge expense.  The MUSICAL PRODUCTION is already done.  So you're looking at minimal artist fees (because the album is one that was previously contracted for...just a rerelease of it), minimal advertising, minimal physical production costa, and non-existent musical production costs.  I doubt distribution is going to be that costly, either.

They're likley making 70% to 80% of wholesale (which was likely more like ?4).  And it's basically free money....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: