Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:22:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How Guns & Roses can change your tune on wine
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Guns & Roses can change your tune on wine  (Read 4440 times)
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 05:34:19 PM »

Thats interesting.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »

guess them budwiesers on friday are going to be worth it lol.a sense of humor is good to have around these parts. ok

the one an only horsey !
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 01:32:16 AM »

hmmmm......maybe that's why I like wine so much!  Hey, it makes sense, to me!! 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 02:06:08 AM »

Dont Cry makes my tears taste like Grape Gatorade!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 02:11:57 AM »

Dont Cry makes my tears taste like Grape Gatorade!

Don't Cry makes my *** taste like ...

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 02:43:54 AM »

Nah, that's not it.  I can see the humor in it, but I've seen more informative threads full of relevant opinions go down in flames fast, and I mean real fast.
This is just.....I don't know.  What purpose does this serve?  I'd personally rather read real fans' thoughts and criticisms on various things, an actual exchange of ideas, that's all

Whine, whine, whine.

/jarmo

Actually: Wine, Wine, Wine! Cheesy

Fuck 'Em All.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 07:05:34 AM »

This article does not mention anything about Guns N' Roses:

Music 'can enhance wine taste'

Playing a certain type of music can enhance the way wine tastes, research by psychologists suggests.

The Heriot Watt University study found people rated the change in taste by up to 60% depending on the melody heard.

The researchers said cabernet sauvignon was most affected by "powerful and heavy" music, and chardonnay by "zingy and refreshing" sounds.

Professor Adrian North said the study could lead retailers to put music recommendations on their wine bottles.

The research involved 250 students at the university who were offered a free glass of wine in exchange for their views.

Brain theory

Four types of music were played - Carmina Burana by Orff ("powerful and heavy"), Waltz of the Flowers from The Nutcracker by Tchaikovsky ("subtle and refined"), Just Can't Get Enough by Nouvelle Vague ("zingy and refreshing") and Slow Breakdown by Michael Brook ("mellow and soft")

The white wine was rated 40% more zingy and refreshing when that music was played, but only 26% more mellow and soft when music in that category was heard.

MUSIC RECOMMENDATIONS

Cabernet Sauvignon: All Along The Watchtower (Jimi Hendrix), Honky Tonk Woman (Rolling Stones), Live And Let Die (Paul McCartney and Wings), Won't Get Fooled Again (The Who)

Chardonnay: Atomic (Blondie), Rock DJ (Robbie Williams), What's Love Got To Do With It (Tina Turner), Spinning Around (Kylie Minogue)

Syrah: Nessun Dorma (Puccini), Orinoco Flow (Enya), Chariots Of Fire (Vangelis), Canon (Johann Pachelbel)

Merlot: Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay (Otis Redding), Easy (Lionel Ritchie), Over The Rainbow (Eva Cassidy), Heartbeats (Jose Gonzalez)

Source: Montes wines

The red was altered 25% by mellow and fresh music, yet 60% by powerful and heavy music.

The results were put down to "cognitive priming theory", where the music sets up the brain to respond to the wine in a certain way.

"Wine manufacturers could recommend that while drinking a certain wine, you should listen to a certain sort of music," Prof North said.

The research was carried out for Chilean winemaker Aurelio Montes, who plays monastic chants to his maturing wines.

Mr Montes said: "It was therefore a natural extension to link with Heriot Watt and to scientifically determine the impact that music has on how wine tastes."

Previously, Professor North conducted supermarket research which suggested people were five times more likely to buy French wine than German wine if accordion music was played in the background.

If an oompah band was played, the German product outsold the French by two to one.

Fuck 'Em All.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 08:10:23 AM »

Professor North's research showed that when a powerful, heavy piece of music such as Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns 'N' Roses was played, people drinking a cabernet sauvignon thought it was 60 per cent more robust than when no music was played.

So instead of blaming my lack of willpower as I drain the bottle of Chilean red, I can instead attribute it to the jesus-like qualities of Guns N' Roses for making it taste so sublime.  I wonder if Axl's divine power extends to absolving all my embarrassing, drunken antics too.   hihi

David Williams, editor of Wine & Spirit magazine, said: ?I love the idea that music has such an enormous effect on the way we taste wine, and I love the idea that people in the wine trade might make use of this information. Maybe we'll start seeing buy-one-get-one-free offers replaced by free Mozart with every bottle of Mosel Riesling, or a Nick Cave CD with a case of Barossa shiraz.

Now there's a thought - the US can keep their Dr Pepper and the rest of us can get a free bottle of cabernet when CD is released.   ok
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 11:28:30 AM by cyllan » Logged

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 08:29:51 AM »

what the hell, why would anyone start a boring old wine thread

when you can start a real mans drink thread;

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »

Heriot Watt scientist discovers the effect music has on our brains and tastebuds
Melanie Reid

Do not be surprised if restaurants start playing Wagner to disguise the taste of the house red. Scientists have discovered that music influences taste - and that listening to powerful, heavy music makes wine seem richer and heavier.

Professor North's research showed that when a powerful, heavy piece of music such as Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns 'N' Roses was played, people drinking a cabernet sauvignon thought it was 60 per cent more robust than when no music was played. The research could have implications, such as spelling the end of piped music in bars. It also raises interesting questions about music and food matching.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article3927527.ece

No wonder people drink at GN'R shows!

The music makes it taste better. Wink

/jarmo

Docklands Arena, London, a few years back. How difficult was it to get a drink there?  Roll Eyes

They must have had the worst bar set-up I've ever seen.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 05:23:52 PM »

Docklands Arena, London, a few years back. How difficult was it to get a drink there?  Roll Eyes

They must have had the worst bar set-up I've ever seen.

Outside the venue wasn't any better.  Way too few watering holes open and those that were had people spilling out of every doorway, making getting inside to the bar nigh on impossible for a shortarse like me.   Angry 

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 06:58:18 AM »

Was only trying to make a point about how someone can start a thread ( Not me, btw) about being pissed off that a tour was cancelled again, or the lack of info given by the band regarding the album, etc. and have it wiped away like a Tsunami, yet A post about how a Gnr song can make your wine taste sweeter surfaces without a hitch. 

You should read some of the arcane, most archaic shit that some of the weirdos post on the Whiskey/whisky forum.

On topic:

Wine? What better way to de-flower a virgin?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: