Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How Guns & Roses can change your tune on wine
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Guns & Roses can change your tune on wine  (Read 4445 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: May 14, 2008, 10:11:41 AM »

Heriot Watt scientist discovers the effect music has on our brains and tastebuds
Melanie Reid

Do not be surprised if restaurants start playing Wagner to disguise the taste of the house red. Scientists have discovered that music influences taste - and that listening to powerful, heavy music makes wine seem richer and heavier.

Professor North's research showed that when a powerful, heavy piece of music such as Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns 'N' Roses was played, people drinking a cabernet sauvignon thought it was 60 per cent more robust than when no music was played. The research could have implications, such as spelling the end of piped music in bars. It also raises interesting questions about music and food matching.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article3927527.ece

No wonder people drink at GN'R shows!

The music makes it taste better. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 10:48:42 AM »

Wagner with Wine n' Cheese
GNR with Nightrain n' Cheez Doodles headbanger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:55:34 AM »

Good Lord no
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 11:10:42 AM »

at this moment GNR is making a good effect on my coffee with better coffee .
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 11:24:27 AM »

when a powerful, heavy piece of music such as Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns 'N' Roses was played,

Yeah, very heavy, I mean especialy the cute fluffy intro in the major key...just wow...... peace

This signature is very funny.
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »

I knew it, and now i shall conduct an experiment with plant growing and GNR music

Here Today..
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 12:39:20 PM »

So , forbidden is starting a thread that vents frustrations towards something band-related, but this useless blabber is somehow worthy?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 12:43:13 PM »

This really explains my alcohol intake durring the 5/14 Hammerstein show... Im glad I have a DVD because portions of the night got a little fuzzy. Of course the portions of the night not covered by the DVD are the ones I wonder and worry about the most.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 12:45:47 PM »

omg how i need a beer and some twat lol. nervous

the one an only horsey !
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 01:06:33 PM »

So , forbidden is starting a thread that vents frustrations towards something band-related, but this useless blabber is somehow worthy?

Obviously you have no sense of humor.

Cry

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 01:19:14 PM »

Heriot Watt scientist discovers the effect music has on our brains and tastebuds
Melanie Reid

Do not be surprised if restaurants start playing Wagner to disguise the taste of the house red. Scientists have discovered that music influences taste - and that listening to powerful, heavy music makes wine seem richer and heavier.

Professor North's research showed that when a powerful, heavy piece of music such as Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns 'N' Roses was played, people drinking a cabernet sauvignon thought it was 60 per cent more robust than when no music was played. The research could have implications, such as spelling the end of piped music in bars. It also raises interesting questions about music and food matching.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article3927527.ece

No wonder people drink at GN'R shows!

The music makes it taste better. Wink

/jarmo

You're right, and sometimes (for other bands), the booze makes the bands sound better. ok

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 02:21:15 PM »

Cry

/jarmo

Nah, that's not it.  I can see the humor in it, but I've seen more informative threads full of relevant opinions go down in flames fast, and I mean real fast.
This is just.....I don't know.  What purpose does this serve?  I'd personally rather read real fans' thoughts and criticisms on various things, an actual exchange of ideas, that's all
wadey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 02:32:08 PM »

Cry

/jarmo

Nah, that's not it.  I can see the humor in it, but I've seen more informative threads full of relevant opinions go down in flames fast, and I mean real fast.
This is just.....I don't know.  What purpose does this serve?  I'd personally rather read real fans' thoughts and criticisms on various things, an actual exchange of ideas, that's all

so why waste your breath?

personally i think its great that people are using GN'R for "experiments" even if its whacky.... Wink

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 02:36:56 PM »

Whine, whine, whine.

How interesting!

"Real fans".  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 02:41:39 PM »

yea, i know i come to a fan board just so i can hear how certain people are and how its never good enough and how miserable they are as gnr fans. 
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »

I'd personally rather read real fans' thoughts and criticisms on various things, an actual exchange of ideas, that's all

I assume you mean "real fans" like you and misterd or whatshisface. I think you all should have your own section called "Whiners and Broken Record Club Inc", where no one can see you lot and you can't see us when logged in...now that would be a Chinese Democracy  peace

This signature is very funny.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 03:38:20 PM »

Not " trying" to whine, and not making generalizations about any fans at all - Sorry that it came across that way

Was only trying to make a point about how someone can start a thread ( Not me, btw) about being pissed off that a tour was cancelled again, or the lack of info given by the band regarding the album, etc. and have it wiped away like a Tsunami, yet A post about how a Gnr song can make your wine taste sweeter surfaces without a hitch. 

Just seems silly

Again - sorry nothing more than wanting to see interesting Gnr news -  This post obviously does not do it for me, next time I will not even comment and keep to myself - no probs
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 03:48:51 PM »

Just seems silly

Yes you do.

/jarmo

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 03:53:41 PM »

Now at least " THAT " was funny....  Cheesy
Adam_Guill
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 05:28:32 PM »

this coma is doing wonders for my Shiraz
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »