Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:39:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  baz "axl texted me, are you joining VR?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: baz "axl texted me, are you joining VR?"  (Read 23673 times)
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »

I think Baz joining VR would not be in his or VR's best interest at this point. However, do you think Baz could get Axl and Slash to speak after all these years and quash their beef? Not for the purposes of a reunion. This is not a reunion question. Just to reconcile and finally make peace with each other and clear the air.

Baz seems to be outspoken and says whatever he has on his mind. Baz is very careful with what he does these days not to upset Axl, probably because he does not want to ruin his relationship with Axl since they seem pretty tight these days. Even though he drops Axl's name every 5 seconds.

I also would have thought Baz would be pissed at Slash to the point of not speaking to Slash after Slash picked Scott for VR and there would be a rift between them. But apparently Baz will at least take his call and hear him out. That leads me to believe Slash and Baz are somewhat friendly or talk from time to time considering Slash has to have felt a little guilty of not picking Baz originally and then picking up the phone to offer him the job now.

Slash has to know of Baz's relationship with Axl these days. Could Slash be trying to get Baz to help him reconcile with Axl? Axl is friendly with Izzy, he performed with Gilby, he has bumped into Matt and they spoke briefly and said their peace. Slash and Duff are really the only guys that he has yet to speak too (that we know of). Ultimately, I think it is up to Axl to be willing to speak to Slash. I think we know Slash has tried in the past but Axl would not even entertain the idea of speaking to Slash.

Baz has Axl's ear now and is speaking to both lately. I am just wondering what people think about this possibility. If you were Baz would try as a mutual friend to mend this relationship between two former friends and bandmates? I can't help to think this feud has to come to an end sometime and perhaps Baz could be part of the process.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2008, 11:33:01 AM »

Back on subject.....Baz only said that Axl asked if he was joining VR.  We are really jumping to conclusions to assume that he wouldn't want that.  Baz said he would decline out of loyalty to Axl but we really don't know what Axl's thoughts on the matter would be.

maybe the text was more like
'ru joinin vr lol' 'rofl'
sounds like a good excuse for not joining the band.
it must be awkward for any singer maybe unless their old band was bigger than theirs.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2008, 11:53:40 AM »

I didn't read anything, anywhere stating that Slash spoke to Baz. Are you joining VR? "not that I know of" What the Fuck?

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2008, 11:59:10 AM »

Back on subject.....Baz only said that Axl asked if he was joining VR.  We are really jumping to conclusions to assume that he wouldn't want that.  Baz said he would decline out of loyalty to Axl but we really don't know what Axl's thoughts on the matter would be.

maybe the text was more like
'ru joinin vr lol' 'rofl'
sounds like a good excuse for not joining the band.
it must be awkward for any singer maybe unless their old band was bigger than theirs.

hihi I would hope Axl doesn't use "LOL" and "ROFL" in his text messages.  My illusions are shattered.... hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »

@ chriskon read the opening post
I think it?s funny that when Scott Weiland left Velvet Revolver, the last thing he said was, ?I think Sebastian Bach would be a good choice for you guys.? ...
...Axl texted me right away and asked if I was joining Velvet Revolver,

and this thread
Quote from: seb
During the interview, Bach was asked if there is any truth to the rumors that he is being considered for the lead-singer position in VELVET REVOLVER following that group's recent split with Scott Weiland.

"I've talked to Slash  recently," Sebastian revealed.

hihi I would hope Axl doesn't use "LOL" and "ROFL" in his text messages.  My illusions are shattered.... hihi

I hear ya LunsJail hihi
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2008, 12:30:35 PM »

true but nice jump in this one
And you got your old friend Axl Rose to sing on Angel Down?

Yeah, it?s an incredible thing. The world has been waiting for Chinese Democracy for a good 15 years and if you want to get a taste of what Axl actually sounds like as of last year, then get Angel Down because he?s on three songs. He sounds incredible! I just can?t believe that in the history of rock he would choose to collaborate on my album.

?Axl texted me right away and asked if I was joining Velvet Revolver, and I said, ?No, not that I know of.??
From singin in angel down to VR?

Here Today..
Hudson
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »

SEBASTIAN BACH Says Joining VELVET REVOLVER Would Be 'Really Awkward' - May 7, 2008

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach was interviewed yesterday (Tuesday, May 6) on "The Buckethead Show" on Tampa's 98 Rock radio station.

The entire nine-minute chat is now available for streaming and download at this location.

During the interview, Bach was asked if there is any truth to the rumors that he is being considered for the lead-singer position in VELVET REVOLVER following that group's recent split with Scott Weiland.

"I've talked to Slash [VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist] recently," Sebastian revealed. "I think it'd be really awkward for me to join that band. Number one, my new record, 'Angel Down', I like it more than VELVET REVOLVER records. That's just being totally honest. I love GUNS N' ROSES material, but I've got my own old songs ? SKID ROW ? so for me, it would all depend on music. I wouldn't just join the band just to join the band. If we came up with some incredible new songs, then maybe I'd think about it, but honestly, I'm very close friends with Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer], and he sings three songs on my new record. I think Dr. Pepper owes me a case of free soda. [Laughs] [Referring to the Dr. Pepper soft drink company's announcement that it will offer a free can of its signature soda to 'everyone in America' if GN'R releases its long-delayed new album, 'Chinese Democracy', in 2008 ? Ed.] Axl's been so nice to me ? he's helped me out my whole career. In SKID ROW he helped us out, and in my solo band he brought me around the world, and then sang three songs on my new CD, which is pretty mind-blowing. I don't know? It's a cut-throat business, but Axl's been so nice to me, I don't think I would feel comfortable just joining VELVET REVOLVER and singing his songs every night. So I don't think that's gonna happen."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2008, 02:28:48 PM »

Yeah, it?s an incredible thing. The world has been waiting for Chinese Democracy for a good 15 years and if you want to get a taste of what Axl actually sounds like as of last year, then get Angel Down because he?s on three songs. He sounds incredible! I just can?t believe that in the history of rock he would choose to collaborate on my album.

?Axl texted me right away and asked if I was joining Velvet Revolver, and I said, ?No, not that I know of.??

I guess it's the site that made the jump and not seb. Meant to subhead the latter half of the interview.
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2008, 02:47:37 PM »

very well could be other wise it didnt make much sense
I guess it's the site that made the jump and not seb. Meant to subhead the latter half of the interview.

Here Today..
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2008, 03:27:07 PM »

I'm happy Grin Bach did the right thing: to Not join VR
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:29:04 PM by Fortus » Logged
McDuff
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2008, 12:47:52 AM »

Is this the VR section, I must have clicked the wrong button?  Huh

Exactly what I was thinking  smoking
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2008, 12:38:13 PM »

the topic title should of been baz "Axl said to me "Dude!'" hihi
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2008, 01:32:27 PM »

"Axl's been so nice to me ? he's helped me out my whole career. In SKID ROW he helped us out, and in my solo band he brought me around the world, and then sang three songs on my new CD, which is pretty mind-blowing. I don't know? It's a cut-throat business, but Axl's been so nice to me"

Not a Baz fan by any means but I think the guy gets a lot of unnecessary flak on the boards for being an "Axl mark".  To me, the guy is just genuinely expressing his gratitude toward a man who has been very generous to him over the years.  Nothing wrong with that.

If Baz wants to go out and spread the word of Axl's greatness and support Chinese Democracy at every opportunity, I say go for it.  He's very active in the media (press interviews, radio, etc).  He can certainly contribute to the buzz and generate added interest.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2008, 02:23:23 PM »

Well said Lord Kayoss.  I don't get why people get so upset at Baz for bringing up Axl's name.  It's not hurting anyone.  Just because people on this board have heard Baz say the same things over and over, that doesn't mean the rest of the world has.  If you go out and talk to 10 random people, I doubt any of them have any idea that Axl is on "Angel Down", or even what "Angel Down" is.  It's not like he's been interviewed by Larry King for the whole world to see.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2008, 10:07:16 AM »

From an interview with Sebastian that airs today...

Jess: You're pretty much best friends with Axl Rose, aren't you?

Sebastian: Ummm, I'd say yeah, we're very good friends, and we text each other all the time - silly nonsense...

Jess: Does Axl ever say "LOL" in his texts?

Sebastian: (laughs) No.

Jess: Good man. I would have been quite concerned about that. So obviously you've heard all of Chinese Democracy, I'm assuming?

Sebastian: Yeah!

Jess: How is it? Is it good?

Sebastian: Epic! It's epic!

Jess: It'd want to be, by this point!

Sebastian: Yeah, it's very epic.

Jess: Does he mention in his texts when he's planning on releasing it?

Sebastian: Well I actually sing back up on the record on a song called 'Sorry', and sorry - but I don't know when it's coming out.

http://www.defamer.com.au/2008/05/talking_to_sebastian_bach.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gilmour
Opening Act

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2008, 04:25:21 AM »

Baz is a liar!!!

VR didn't call him!!

Read this please.

" Gilmour Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:50 am   

Hi Duff!!

I read an interwiew where Sebastian Bach said that you ( the band ) had called him to join VR. Is that true???

Duff Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:56 pm   

Band Member

Uh, ....no "

http://duff-loaded.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=400

End of story!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:41:26 AM by gilmour » Logged
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2008, 04:32:20 AM »

Baz is a lier!!!

Vr didn't call him!!

Read this please.

http://duff-loaded.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=400

Baz never said he was called after the breakup, did he?.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:35:07 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2008, 05:10:55 AM »

Baz is a liar!!!

VR didn't call him!!

Duff said "my pinky stinks"

End of story!

Calm down bubba, don't get excited, no one here was about the VR thing  peace

And Duff never lies, never has, never will  ok

This signature is very funny.
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2008, 05:43:50 AM »

and this thread
Quote from: seb

"I've talked to Slash  recently," Sebastian revealed.

Here Today..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2008, 01:11:27 PM »

yes He never said he talked to duff or the band.

Sebastian: Ummm, I'd say yeah, we're very good friends, and we text each other all the time - silly nonsense...

Jess: Does Axl ever say "LOL" in his texts?

Sebastian: (laughs) No.

Jess: Good man. I would have been quite concerned about that.

LunsJail  you were heard! Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: