Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:46:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  baz "axl texted me, are you joining VR?"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: baz "axl texted me, are you joining VR?"  (Read 23868 times)
Sharky-dude
Headliner

Silence Isn't Golden When I'm Holding It Inside

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2008, 05:51:18 PM »

Yeah, give it up dude. For the life of me I don't understand how you fugure gnr can't be sucssesful in therir present form. Or how you think axl (or slash for that matter )would even want to get back together. Or why baz would wanna be in between? it makes no sense

!go Jets go!
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2008, 06:16:50 PM »

This is true?

Maybe Bach needs some promotion  Roll Eyes

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2008, 06:38:37 PM »

He should either find a new label, make his own label, or follow Baz into the conference room with his former bandmates and try to bring it back together if that gets record company interest to release anything with GNR on it.

Do you work in the music business?

It sure sounds like it with all the "he should"s in your post.

I'm glad you support GN'R so much that you want force Axl to do a reunion with people who haven't been supportive of him.

Please take your reunion theories to the Dead Horse section. I won't ask nicely again.

/jarmo

I don't care one way or the other about a reunion, but I don't think he really cares who supported who and who didn't.  People who support a GNR reunion only care about what that group did when they were together....which is some pretty incredible shit.  Yea, Slash didn't want to go Axl's way with GNR, no biggie.  People don't always see eye to eye.  But the thought of another GNR album by original GNR is mouthwatering to some.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2008, 06:49:28 PM »

yes to some who still have hope of a reunion.

the one an only horsey !
guns_n_motley
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2008, 06:52:09 PM »

just food for though, people keep saying that VR is 3 GNR members, but Matt sorum was a replacement drummer, No??

so hes realy no different than the members of GNR now...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2008, 07:06:05 PM »

just food for though, people keep saying that VR is 3 GNR members, but Matt sorum was a replacement drummer, No??

so hes realy no different than the members of GNR now...

He's actually lower.  The people in the band now, in addition to former members like Buckethead, Josh Freese, Paul Huge, and so on have actually written songs for GnR.  Even if the songs haven't been released, they've creatively contributed to GnR songs that have been recorded and played live

Hell, people who have never been in GnR like Del, West Arkeen, and Chris Weber have more writing credits for GnR than Sorum.

This is why it's always hilarious to me when Sorum tries to act like he was a "real" member but Paul Huge wasn't.  Paul Huge actually co-wrote a song that appeared on UYI, and co-wrote another official release with Oh My God.  Which is more than Sorum can say.  Sorum is to date the only person who has ever been "fired" or kicked out, which is why he's been referred to as a former employee and why he's listed as an additional musician on Live Era

Of course there's a group of "fans" who think that Sorum and Gilby were "real" members but Robin, Richard, Tommy, etc are not, but most of them don't let logic get in the way of their arguments
Shoeboy517
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2008, 07:15:19 PM »

Baz just gave another interview.  Apparently he won't be fronting Aerosmith or Judas Priest either.  Not that anybody asked.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2008, 07:25:37 PM »

It's really stupid. I would love to see Bach in VR. I think they all would get along well.

Bach needs to get off Axl's ass and do something productive. His solo cd was good, I admit... but join a band man!

Recording his own solo album and touring the world isn't productive?

Roll Eyes

The last thing he needs to do is to join a bunch of people who rejected him the first time back when he didn't have a new solo album out and hadn't toured the world.

VR are GNR minus Axl,

VR are a bunch of people who quit GN'R years ago.

They didn't want to be in GN'R so stop referring to them as "GN'R minus Axl".

GN'R minus Axl is the guys you see on top of this page. It's 2008. Not 1992.

/jarmo

Jarmo, I think u have finally lost your mind.

So lets say Axl quit the music business or died.

Do u think Tommy,Robin, Bumble etc etc would hire a new singer and keep the GNR name?

And u would support that?

Give me a break.

Just because the former members arent currently in GNR, that still doesnt take away from the fact that they are the members with Axl that made the band what it is historically.

So yes, they will always be GNR regardless if they are in the band or not. Thats like saying Robert Plant is no longer Led Zeppelin because he is solo and playing with Allison Krauss.

Sebastian is an idiot if he doesnt do something he wants to do because of Axl.

if Axl is his true friend, he will support him no matter what, not just because Baz is a yes man who kisses his ass.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2008, 07:28:17 PM »

Jarmo, Mark N Roses is a good poster.  I think he was cracking more on Baz than anything.  I agree that Baz needs to just shut the fuck up and to an extent Del too.  Cause they both are terrible at indirectly insulting people.  The album will be here soon enough.  I don't know what the fuck there is to negotiate at this point, none of my business I guess.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2008, 07:29:31 PM »

if Axl is his true friend, he will support him no matter what, not just because Baz is a yes man who kisses his ass.

So if you had a chance to hook up with your best friend's ex-wife, you would do it and expect him to support you?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2008, 07:30:43 PM »

If it was something that made me very happy

Its not like GNR broke up a year ago

Its been over a decade.

So yes, If I met my best friends Ex wife 10 years later and it was a perfect match and we made each other happy and he had moved on to someone else and was happy.

why not?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2008, 07:33:42 PM »

Matt Sorum sucks

I hate him

BUT

he is a just a tad higher because he played on a few albums and toured for years.

SO, no he isnt an original member or even what I consider a TRUE member but he is a little higher than any drummer since.

That being said, it is strange that Bach was talkin about receiving a call that would change his life.

We all thought a GNR tour which has proven to be false.

Surely he wasnt talking about opening for Poison.

So..........

If u really carefully read Baz' interviews. He wants to do this. He dont want to be a cover guy *considering what he is doing now with the country and rap tv reality shit I dont know why* but if VR want him to be a serious band, He'd jump all over it with even the smallest blessing from Axl.

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2008, 07:47:51 PM »

100% agreed. You can't live your life aiming to please other people... even people you love or care for. Axl certainly doesn't. IF Baz desperately wants the VR gig... he should go for it. And I actually think Axl would eventually respect that at some level. I'm not convinced Baz desperately wants the VR gig though...

I don't know about that... keep in mind that by joining VR- Baz would be joining a group of musicians who have already sued Axl at least once and who Axl believes betrayed him (of course the feeling's mutual- but you get the point). Not sure I could stay "buddy buddy" with a best-friend who joined up in business with another competitor with whom I had had a long and acrimonious history. I may "understand" the decision and wish 'em the best... but "support"... no way.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2008, 07:54:08 PM »

Matt Sorum sucks

I hate him

BUT

he is a just a tad higher because he played on a few albums and toured for years.

SO, no he isnt an original member or even what I consider a TRUE member but he is a little higher than any drummer since.

Agreed. Sorum (love 'em or hate 'em... and most hate) and Gilby are Gunners for manning the kit and playing rhythm through the UYI madness. Sorum's a "Gunner" for the YCBM intro and November Rain drumming alone IMHO.... That was petty on Axl's part to list him as an "additional musician" on Live Era... and I suspect it might have been one of things discussed and put behind them when they bumped into each other in New York 2 years ago...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2008, 07:54:52 PM »

Do u think Tommy,Robin, Bumble etc etc would hire a new singer and keep the GNR name?

Obviously you can't read. I said there's no GN'R without Axl.

It's been like that since day one. Read your history books.

I guess loyalty to your friends mean nothing to you.

Thank God others actually value true friendship instead of just looking at ways to make the most money.

Now take your Matt Sorum ass kissing to the VR section where it belongs.

I find it amazing how much credit you want to give people who chose to quit GN'R and still consider them "GN'R without Axl" when in fact there wouldn't be a GN'R without Axl.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2008, 08:00:03 PM »

I said Matt Sorum sucks and I hate him

he is higher than Paul Huge and buckethead and Brain on the list of former members though

how is that kissing his ass?

He did play on 3 albums and toured the world for several years with GNR and came in during a bad situation and helped them get their albums finished.

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

U said without Axl the former members would be the guys listed at the top of the page so by your rationale, if Robin does indeed leave and stay with NIN permantely, he would be more of a GNR member than Slash?

I dont get it.

Axl and Tracii Guns started GNR but I've heard the Hollywood Rose thing, and I dont think Axl would be who he is today with Tracii Guns and a b unch of other guys. thats my opinion. I think they all collectively made each other.

OK

After careful reconsidering, U guys are right and I was wrong.

That would be pretty shitty for Baz to join VR.

I totally wasnt looking at it from that angle of all the shit they did to Axl

So my apologies for that. ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2008, 08:08:34 PM »

U said without Axl the former members would be the guys listed at the top of the page so by your rationale, if Robin does indeed leave and stay with NIN permantely, he would be more of a GNR member than Slash?

How do you work?

Really.

Look at the pics at the top:

Frank, Ron, Richard, Dizzy, Brain, Tommy, Chris, Axl, Robin.

Now, let's play the GN'R minus game.

GN'R minus Axl.

So we have Frank, Ron, Richard, Dizzy, Brain, Tommy, Chris, Axl, Robin.

Now we need to remove Axl from that list because minus means that. You remove something.

What do we have left?

Frank, Ron, Richard, Dizzy, Brain, Tommy, Chris, Robin.

That would be "GN'R minus Axl".  ok

If Robin left, his replacement would be the group referred to as "GN'R minus Axl".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2008, 08:12:25 PM »

This Thread Is LOST.

HB K*

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2008, 08:13:49 PM »

i can't believe some of you trolls still come here hoping for a reunion when you already know thats not what we are about here.   anything to cause a stir right?   have you ever considered how pathetic it is to dwell on something so far in the past and isn't likely to happen?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »

i can't believe some of you trolls still come here hoping for a reunion when you already know thats not what we are about here.   anything to cause a stir right?   have you ever considered how pathetic it is to dwell on something so far in the past and isn't likely to happen?

It could happen sometime in the far future, but like you said James Robert, why dwell on it? We have lots of new GNR material in front of us!
Im wishing Velvet Revolver all the best, and hope thay find a great new vocalist, but what i want most of everything right now, is listening
to some Chinese Democracy! And its right around the corner! Crazy days are back again =)

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: