Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228121 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  baz "axl texted me, are you joining VR?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: baz "axl texted me, are you joining VR?"  (Read 23841 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2008, 01:46:11 PM »

Sebastain will always be 16 years old.  I highly doubt VR wants him in the band.

Actually, Sebastian got pissed off when slash didn't call him for 'the project'. Look for pre-vr interviews and post-vr.

He says NO to vr because he already wanted to play there and wasnt even invited to audition. And because he picks every chances he has to mention how great is Axl, and to mention his new album.

actually he did sing with them but slash thought it sounded too 80's and too much like skid row...
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2008, 02:04:48 PM »

Sebastain will always be 16 years old.  I highly doubt VR wants him in the band.

Actually, Sebastian got pissed off when slash didn't call him for 'the project'. Look for pre-vr interviews and post-vr.

He says NO to vr because he already wanted to play there and wasnt even invited to audition. And because he picks every chances he has to mention how great is Axl, and to mention his new album.

actually he did sing with them but slash thought it sounded too 80's and too much like skid row...

which would have rocked the shit  yes

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2008, 03:47:46 PM »

It's really stupid. I would love to see Bach in VR. I think they all would get along well.

Bach needs to get off Axl's ass and do something productive. His solo cd was good, I admit... but join a band man!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2008, 03:49:28 PM »

For me to join a band and then sing all of his songs would be kinda weird.

why would he be singing all of axl's song in VR?

I think he's alluding to the fact that VR is basically Guns minus Axl.  But you're right, they don't do but so many GNR songs.  I wonder at what point Axl gets tired of Baz spilling all these little details to the press.  Dude, there's a reason he doesn't do interviews.

The Funny Moment TODAY

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

HBK *

Whats so funny?

VR are GNR minus Axl, They do have 3/5ths of the former members. U add Axl to VR and they magically become GNR plus Dave.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2008, 03:51:01 PM »

It's really stupid. I would love to see Bach in VR. I think they all would get along well.

Bach needs to get off Axl's ass and do something productive. His solo cd was good, I admit... but join a band man!

Recording his own solo album and touring the world isn't productive?

Roll Eyes

The last thing he needs to do is to join a bunch of people who rejected him the first time back when he didn't have a new solo album out and hadn't toured the world.

VR are GNR minus Axl,

VR are a bunch of people who quit GN'R years ago.

They didn't want to be in GN'R so stop referring to them as "GN'R minus Axl".

GN'R minus Axl is the guys you see on top of this page. It's 2008. Not 1992.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 03:53:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2008, 04:04:24 PM »

Its 2008 and the guys at the top of the page have NEVER released any material in a band called Guns N Roses.
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 04:04:43 PM »

Well yeah, I agree with D.

They are Gn'R minus Axl and Izzy or Gilby.

If you throw i Axl you get Gn'R plus Dave...

simply easy baby

But don't damn me
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2008, 04:08:56 PM »

simply easy baby

Not with that mediocre songwriting of VR no....

Is this the VR section, I must have clicked the wrong button?  Huh

This signature is very funny.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2008, 04:14:17 PM »

simply easy baby

how the hell can that be when the admin of the site just explained to you who "gnr minus axl" is and showed you?   the vr guys are former gnr members, way way way over a decade ago. 
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 04:20:03 PM »

the vr section?

that must mean I can't mention anyone but axl's name ... got ya.. lmao yes

But don't damn me
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 04:22:28 PM »

the vr section?

that must mean I can't mention anyone but axl's name ... got ya.. lmao yes

Going on and on about VR being GnR minus Axl is just retarded. Be a nice boy, drink your milk and sleep already  peace

This signature is very funny.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2008, 04:31:58 PM »

For me to join a band and then sing all of his songs would be kinda weird.

why would he be singing all of axl's song in VR?

I think he's alluding to the fact that VR is basically Guns minus Axl.  But you're right, they don't do but so many GNR songs.  I wonder at what point Axl gets tired of Baz spilling all these little details to the press.  Dude, there's a reason he doesn't do interviews.

The Funny Moment TODAY

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

HBK *

Whats so funny?

VR are GNR minus Axl, They do have 3/5ths of the former members. U add Axl to VR and they magically become GNR plus Dave.

They are actually 2 guys who quit the band and one former employee who didn't receive a single writing credit on any GnR song, released or unreleased. 

They tried to market themselves that way, unfortunately for them the music proved that it wasn't true
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2008, 04:49:01 PM »

Recording his own solo album and touring the world isn't productive?

Roll Eyes

The last thing he needs to do is to join a bunch of people who rejected him the first time back when he didn't have a new solo album out and hadn't toured the world.

VR are GNR minus Axl,

VR are a bunch of people who quit GN'R years ago.

They didn't want to be in GN'R so stop referring to them as "GN'R minus Axl".

GN'R minus Axl is the guys you see on top of this page. It's 2008. Not 1992.

/jarmo

so what would it be called if axl relinquished the name, joined VR, and richard and Robin took the reigns of the band named Guns n Roses?

would this site be dedicated to Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt (4 ex members of GnR), and dave. or the entity known as GnR without Axl?

just asking, because it isn't just you who can be pedantic Jarmo.....

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2008, 04:54:15 PM »

Its 2008 and the guys at the top of the page have NEVER released any material in a band called Guns N Roses.

So?

They're still Guns N' Roses.

Snakepit wasn't GN'R minus Axl, Duff and Dizzy. It was Snakepit.

They quit GN'R and started a new band with a new name.

By the way, if you choose to disregard everything else, there can't be "GN'R minus Axl". Because without Axl, there is no GN'R to begin with.

ok

so what would it be called if axl relinquished the name, joined VR, and richard and Robin took the reigns of the band named Guns n Roses?

would this site be dedicated to Axl, Slash, Duff, Matt (4 ex members of GnR), and dave. or the entity known as GnR without Axl?

just asking, because it isn't just you who can be pedantic Jarmo.....

That's very likely to happen.

The reality is, GN'R is a band today and it was nothing to do with these people that Scott left behind.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2008, 05:11:23 PM »

I didn't really mean to start a shit storm here.  But if you want to split hairs I guess I should have said "VR is basically trying to be Guns minus Axl."

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2008, 05:23:45 PM »

I would like to see Axl finally put out the record as much as anybody on these message boards

HOWEVER: If the album doesn't come out by the end of 2008, Baz needs to reconsider his role in the GNR universe and shift into a middle-man position in order to reconcile Axl with his former bandmates.

I believe his pandering to Axl is sincere and that Axl showed him very high-quality and excellent recordings of new GNR music. But if the record label is nervous to release a new GNR record because of lack of identity (missing Slash) and therefore missed music sales (especially with a sluggish economy and record sales), something must be done to have a reaffired GNR identity that the entire public can dig in. Considering that Axl has all his songs and VR have their songs, they already have the material to work on together.

Anything is better than nothing at this rate:

Mark N Roses

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2008, 05:27:32 PM »

But if the record label is nervous to release a new GNR record because of lack of identity

Where did this theory come from?

It sounds more like somebody making up a theory in order to validate his own reunion wishes.

There's a whole thread for those dreams in the Dead Horse section.

I suggest you go post them there instead of using a thread about how Baz isn't joining VR.  ok

/jarmo

Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2008, 05:38:50 PM »

simply easy baby

Not with that mediocre songwriting of VR no....

Is this the VR section, I must have clicked the wrong button?  Huh

Hahaha !
I'm sorry, but Fall to Pieces or most of VR songs has more arrangements, fixes, and creativity than... madagascar, for example, wich are 3 chords for 5 minutes with a DJ mix of voices in the middle.

Both bands (vr, and gnr 2008 lineup) are great, I like vr songs and madagascar or other "new" songs, but it's a little risky to say that about VR songwriting.

marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2008, 05:42:24 PM »

But if the record label is nervous to release a new GNR record because of lack of identity

Where did this theory come from?

It sounds more like somebody making up a theory in order to validate his own reunion wishes.

There's a whole thread for those dreams in the Dead Horse section.

I suggest you go post them there instead of using a thread about how Baz isn't joining VR.  ok

/jarmo

Baz doesn't have to join VR. Axl does or vice versa or should eventually consider it.

Given Baz's relations with both parties, he has an ability to do more to mend relations that any fan or GNR website can do. Axl can only beef with his former bandmates so long and be hindered in his progress to achieve his own name with new players that come and go through a revolving door before time becomes a serious liability and undercuts any musical statement that Axl ever wanted to achieve.

There is no precedent to what has happened to these new GNR albums in music history or the history of any published item in all of Western civilization. Its already May 2008, over a year and two months since Axl himself put out a release date for the new albums. He should either find a new label, make his own label, or follow Baz into the conference room with his former bandmates and try to bring it back together if that gets record company interest to release anything with GNR on it.

Considering the success of the GNR Greatest His album with most of these older players on it, I think the record company wouldn't hestitate as much to release an album with Axl and Slash on it again.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2008, 05:46:08 PM »

He should either find a new label, make his own label, or follow Baz into the conference room with his former bandmates and try to bring it back together if that gets record company interest to release anything with GNR on it.

Do you work in the music business?

It sure sounds like it with all the "he should"s in your post.

I'm glad you support GN'R so much that you want force Axl to do a reunion with people who haven't been supportive of him.

Please take your reunion theories to the Dead Horse section. I won't ask nicely again.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: