Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:32:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Two Year NYC Hammerstein Ballroom Anniversary
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two Year NYC Hammerstein Ballroom Anniversary  (Read 8206 times)
deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« on: May 12, 2008, 07:51:02 AM »

Two years ago today, I remember driving into NYC on our way to Hammerstein Ballroom in great anticipation of the GNR  "warm-up "  shows. I can  VIVIDLY  remember , what I was wearing, how many Jack Daniels I had at Mustang Harry's, the electric feeling in the air, the sense I had while standing on the pit floor and thinking is AXL really gonna come out here on this stage ? Axl walked out on stage and the rest of the night (early morning) was history. GNR was back !!!   So I thought.  Off they went to the Europe tour, back to some more warm up shows in Vegas and then a US tour. With each tour a slight glimmer of hope for a new album.

We are still here and we keep waiting for that "new" album. "We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life" as the great C-3PO  said to R2D2 wondering the sands of tatooine. We all just have to learn to accept it. I know I have. If the album never comes out I am fine with it ,  but I can still have hope. The new album will not restore them to Rock N Roll Gods anyway.  It is a different industry now then back in the 80/90's. There is too much pressure being put on this new album.  It's quite simple for us purists, I only want to hear some new tunes by AXL and the band. I don't even care if they make radio airplay or not. I am not consumed by thinking I get to walk around and tell everyone "See GNR is back baby !!!"  and strut my feathers like a peacock. We (fans)  have nothing to prove to anyone or any nay sayers. The music is for us, the fans.

We keep wondering around  in the desert , no matter how long it will take we don't care, (oh we care) but not enough to drive us away for good , yet.

I have an 75% feeling that we will get to the 3 year anniv of Hammerstein before the new album is out . But that's ok,  it  gives me something to talk about next year.  Until that time, I just stare at my Hammerstein Ballroom ticket stub and a ziplock bag of confetti I scooped up off the floor. 

Lagada in the highest.  beer
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:34:22 PM by deep pocketz » Logged
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:28:34 AM »

I remember wanting to go to these gigs so bad. I even stayed up all night, waiting for updates being posted on the forums from people who were in attendance. I almost shit myself when I read that they played Better. smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 08:54:36 AM »

Yup, I remember the shows well.....

GREAT shows.  Great time meeting the other fans, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 09:14:59 AM »

Saw the second show. Awesome, electric. One of the funniest momenets: Happy Mother's Day, Motherfuckers!!!!!

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 09:26:19 AM »

I joined this board when I saw the Hammerstein concerts on the news section of the site... hehe  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 09:27:43 AM »

Was there the first night...great experience seeing 'em in a theatre like that! Came sooooooooo close to seeing 'em on the Illusions tour at Giants Stadium but the day before, the ticket I was about to buy from a friend was already sold.

Hammerstein definitely cured the sting of that experience  ok

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 09:50:42 AM »

My God! It's been two years? I flew all the way from California to see that show, met some cool people.  hihi   

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 10:45:41 AM »

went to the second night. mothers day. great times
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 11:27:13 AM »

I was there the final night. I still remember checking the board the previous three nights. Boy, that was such a busy time for us, right? Trunk's show as the teaser of teasers. Sightings of Axl in the city.

Bumblefoot's debut. Baz's involvement. and IZZY that night. One of the few times in my life where you are part of a giant crowd just GASPING in disbelief all at once.

I've seen countless shows there before and since. Yet there's still nothing close than feeling the electricity of when Jungle started and the pyro went off. Pure electricity and magic.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 11:32:06 AM »

I Remember, Emotions... Day & Night, Look Forums... Excelent performance, Surprise, New Look Of ROBIN, Presentation Of Bumblefoot, Special Guests: Sebastian, Izzy, kid Rock...

beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 11:59:56 AM »

I was there....including at the bar we met at (Mustang Grill?) before the show. Then, I was in line with Sebastian Bach to get in...very cool. It was cool to meet some of you. One dude came all the way from Detroit for the show.

The first night was awesome.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 12:58:49 PM »

I remember the excitement
of standing by for GNR in a front of my pc every nite.
I couldn't go to nyc but thanks to the board and the updaters, I managed to enjoy the shows, sorta Grin.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 01:14:19 PM »

I logged in just for this thread!!!

Great times, great times was New York.... I remember it like it was yesterday.

Hopefully we'll get the album before this time next year. peace
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 01:15:03 PM »

I was there....including at the bar we met at (Mustang Grill?) before the show. Then, I was in line with Sebastian Bach to get in...very cool. It was cool to meet some of you. One dude came all the way from Detroit for the show.

The first night was awesome.

My whole crew was from Detroit. beer
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 01:15:55 PM »

Was there the 3rd show ( should've been the first)

It was a great show and that week alone, was one of the best for a Gnr fan

Now we're here, with no album, talking about Finck being gone, Brain being gone and being told that this thing is in " negotiations"

Unfortunately, they blew a big chance to get the album out there back then, when the buzz was rather large about Axl's return

Fortunately, if they announce an actual release date and repeat history and play the Hammerstein again, they can start the buzz again

We'll see
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »

I remember wanting to go to these gigs so bad. I even stayed up all night, waiting for updates being posted on the forums from people who were in attendance. I almost shit myself when I read that they played Better. smoking

I only went to the first show but it was AMAZING.

I remember being WAY stoked when they played Better as well. It was also awesome to be the first to hear There Was A Time live!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 04:32:50 PM »

Went to the 2,3 and 4th show!! I would have gone to the 1st but I bought my plane ticket before the two shows were added. I was lucky to go to the 2nd one.
Most amazing shows I have ever been to for any band! Met some great fucking people too! Would love to do that again!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 04:48:39 PM »

I really hope that they play there again soon. Hammerstein is a great venue and the shows were blowaway. The vibe was incredible.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »

I was at the first show, and I remember how stunned I was to be so close to the stage, and to see my heroes right in front of me;  realizing that Robin's look was *drastically* different from the MTV-Goth gear, and trying desperately to figure out just who Ron was....the concert highlight of my life, to be sure.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 06:12:36 PM »

opening night was simply amazing

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: