Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:28:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure  (Read 65632 times)
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2008, 12:01:18 AM »

That's a fair point, but with regards to singer #1 (let's call him that), I have a better question:

How much have you heard him say in the last decade and a half, at all?  Smiley

At least regards to his professional relationship with Slash.  Though I do remember in Rollingstone he said it was like a "divorce".  And with another skilled  lead guitarist who left the band, he said that he "may have done (band X) a disservice and unintentionally allowed (band X) to be put in this position."

That's all I remember.  Is it close to what you were describing as accepting responsibility?  Depends on your perspective.

With Mr. Weiland, there is still time for him to chime in and accept some blame.  Maybe he will

Ali

What does it matter how many times he's brought it up. If anything that's hiding from the issue.
If you think that that was close to 'accepting responsibility' (which it was far from) then how is this interview with Slash any different? He is basically saying that he and the other guys drove Scott out by ostrasizing him. Do you people want him to say 'I am responsible'? None would ever say that. If you split up with an ex would you say a week after it happened 'it was all my fault, I am responsible for it fucking up' much less in a public forum? Doubt it. Slash said a reason for the split was tension, and he all but admited straight out that he added to that tension intentionally. If that isn't stating responsibility I don't know what is! I don't know how fucking clearer you want it!
Fuck, for people who are so obsessed with not reading into things on another section of this forum, you sure do get your fill here.

Sometimes I reckon all of the usual people who obviously have no interest in VR come into these threads just to get their bitching and moaning out of their system.
"Oh, there is a new Slash interview... Don't people know that Slash lies? I must tell them!" Yes we do get it. So why don't you people keep a lid on it for once and stay out and stop fucking up topics by throwing sparks on fuel trying to instigate fights?

I don't understand at all what the first statement means.  Axl not addressing the issue isn't hiding from it when he doesn't speak much at all about ANYTHING.  It isn't like he's selectively avoiding one issue.

And I what said about accepting responsibility was in regards to the mask-wearing guitarist quitting, not Slash.  He admitted he did the rest of the band a disservice by going out of his way to accommodate Bucket.  Yes, that to me is accepting responsibility for the effects of your actions.

Like I said before, and yes, I'll restate this because you apparently missed it, it isn't about admitting you did something, it's about caring that you did.  Do you really think he cared about giving Scott the cold shoulder on the Euro tour when he knew Scott was going to be fired?

I don't think so.  He added to the tension and didn't care, at best, or at worst, took pleasure in it in as a passive aggressive move.

Slash has had problems with three singers.  He has been the only constant in those situations.  That says something if not about him, about the way he operates in a band situation.

Ali

Axl has had problems with Slash , Duff , Matt , Izzy , Steven , Buckethead etc. He's been the only constant in that situation as well. Same can be said for him. You may want to blame Slash ( as some people blame Axl ) for demise of stuff but it's everybody attributing to the situation.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2008, 12:03:00 AM »

That's a fair point, but with regards to singer #1 (let's call him that), I have a better question:

At least regards to his professional relationship with Slash.  Though I do remember in Rollingstone he said it was like a "divorce".  And with another skilled  lead guitarist who left the band, he said that he "may have done (band X) a disservice and unintentionally allowed (band X) to be put in this position."

That's all I remember.  Is it close to what you were describing as accepting responsibility?  Depends on your perspective.

With Mr. Weiland, there is still time for him to chime in and accept some blame.  Maybe he will

Ali

What does it matter how many times he's brought it up. If anything that's hiding from the issue.
If you think that that was close to 'accepting responsibility' (which it was far from) then how is this interview with Slash any different? He is basically saying that he and the other guys drove Scott out by ostrasizing him. Do you people want him to say 'I am responsible'? None would ever say that. If you split up with an ex would you say a week after it happened 'it was all my fault, I am responsible for it fucking up' much less in a public forum? Doubt it. Slash said a reason for the split was tension, and he all but admited straight out that he added to that tension intentionally. If that isn't stating responsibility I don't know what is! I don't know how fucking clearer you want it!
Fuck, for people who are so obsessed with not reading into things on another section of this forum, you sure do get your fill here.

Sometimes I reckon all of the usual people who obviously have no interest in VR come into these threads just to get their bitching and moaning out of their system.
"Oh, there is a new Slash interview... Don't people know that Slash lies? I must tell them!" Yes we do get it. So why don't you people keep a lid on it for once and stay out and stop fucking up topics by throwing sparks on fuel trying to instigate fights?

I don't understand at all what the first statement means.  Axl not addressing the issue isn't hiding from it when he doesn't speak much at all about ANYTHING.  It isn't like he's selectively avoiding one issue.

And I what said about accepting responsibility was in regards to the mask-wearing guitarist quitting, not Slash.  He admitted he did the rest of the band a disservice by going out of his way to accommodate Bucket.  Yes, that to me is accepting responsibility for the effects of your actions.

Like I said before, and yes, I'll restate this because you apparently missed it, it isn't about admitting you did something, it's about caring that you did.  Do you really think he cared about giving Scott the cold shoulder on the Euro tour when he knew Scott was going to be fired?

I don't think so.  He added to the tension and didn't care, at best, or at worst, took pleasure in it in as a passive aggressive move.

Slash has had problems with three singers.  He has been the only constant in those situations.  That says something if not about him, about the way he operates in a band situation.

Ali

Axl has had problems with Slash , Duff , Matt , Izzy , Steven , Buckethead etc. He's been the only constant in that situation as well. Same can be said for him. You may want to blame Slash ( as some people blame Axl ) for demise of stuff but it's everybody attributing to the situation.

And that has what to do with Slash and the breakup of Velvet Revolver?  And I where did I say Slash should be blamed entirely?

Ali
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 12:12:40 AM by Ali » Logged
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2008, 12:19:05 AM »

Ali

Ali

You said he's the only constant. I'm saying ok take Axl as an example he is the only constant in a band that has had lots of issues but that doesn't mean he is to blame. I really hate it when people do the whole "what does Axl have to do with blah blah blah" fact of the matter is it's a valid example , or counter example of your claim. You didn't say it but by That says something if not about him, makes it seem as if he is to blame.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2008, 12:23:58 AM »

Seems to me, Slash,Duff etc dont know how to communicate because they are pussies.

Whether it be Axl or Scott, they would vent to each other but as soon as Axl or Scott walks in they are all smiles and dont say shit.

I love both those guys but both are the most spineless fucking people I've ever seen in my life.

I really don't think that them 'confronting' either Axl or Scott would have worked. You forget the egos involved all around. What do you think would have happened if Slash had confronted Axl? Do you think Axl would have gone like: 'Oh, yes he's right. I'll try and make it to the show on time...' or something like that?

More likely, Axl would have told Slash to go fuck himself and the band would have imploded a long time ago. Sometimes, you have to make concessions for the greater good. I think they did the right thing by sticking around as long as they could.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2008, 12:24:39 AM »

Ali

Ali

You said he's the only constant. I'm saying ok take Axl as an example he is the only constant in a band that has had lots of issues but that doesn't mean he is to blame. I really hate it when people do the whole "what does Axl have to do with blah blah blah" fact of the matter is it's a valid example , or counter example of your claim. You didn't say it but by That says something if not about him, makes it seem as if he is to blame.

That still has nothing to do with Slash and Velvet Revolver and the breakup with Weiland.

It's got zero to do with this situation and I never said anything about Mr. Rose NOT having his own issues getting along with certain people.

What you call a "counter example" is really just changing the subject.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2008, 12:27:52 AM »

Seems to me, Slash,Duff etc dont know how to communicate because they are pussies.

Whether it be Axl or Scott, they would vent to each other but as soon as Axl or Scott walks in they are all smiles and dont say shit.

I love both those guys but both are the most spineless fucking people I've ever seen in my life.

I really don't think that them 'confronting' either Axl or Scott would have worked. You forget the egos involved all around. What do you think would have happened if Slash had confronted Axl? Do you think Axl would have gone like: 'Oh, yes he's right. I'll try and make it to the show on time...' or something like that?

More likely, Axl would have told Slash to go fuck himself and the band would have imploded a long time ago. Sometimes, you have to make concessions for the greater good. I think they did the right thing by sticking around as long as they could.

There is a different between making concessions and not having the balls to say something to someone's face.  Making concessions is not the same thing as suffering with a difficult situation in silence.

If you don't say anything to someone about something that's bothering you, it doesn't go away.  It will rear it's ugly head sooner or later.  By then you will have lost any opportunity to move forward and get past the situation.

Ali
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2008, 12:34:33 AM »

Ali

Ali

That still has nothing to do with Slash and Velvet Revolver and the breakup with Weiland.

It's got zero to do with this situation and I never said anything about Mr. Rose NOT having his own issues getting along with certain people.

Ali

I don't see it as that basically what I'm saying is even though a person may be in a band ( or several bands as in Slash's ) case that break up that doesn't mean they don't operate it correctly. It's a band , its a group of people.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2008, 12:57:50 AM »

Ali

Ali

Ali

I don't see it as that basically what I'm saying is even though a person may be in a band ( or several bands as in Slash's ) case that break up that doesn't mean they don't operate it correctly. It's a band , its a group of people.

I never said Slash didn't operate correctly in a band, or incorrectly.  Like with anyone else in a band, Slash's history getting along with singers says that he may contribute to the situations not working out.  Which isn't to say that he's all to blame and that others are blameless.  Just that he shares in the blame.

Ali
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2008, 01:17:12 AM »

The other VR members didn't want it to work with Scott.  Period.  They wanted it to work with Axl and it did for almost 11 years, but only well for 8.  They got so sick of them they chose to ignore them.  I too have been guilty of this.  I once ended a partnership with a guy I hated so much I just wanted to finish our last job take the loss, and move on!!!!  And that is what Slash, Matt, Duff, and Dave did for the most part.  They had to finish their shows and they did. 

I agree with D on some points.  The other 4 aren't saints and they made the mistake in getting Weiland in the first place.  I am sure they made plenty of mistakes.  In the end, they are probably better off now and can move on.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2008, 01:41:19 AM »

There is a different between making concessions and not having the balls to say something to someone's face.  Making concessions is not the same thing as suffering with a difficult situation in silence.

If you don't say anything to someone about something that's bothering you, it doesn't go away.  It will rear it's ugly head sooner or later.  By then you will have lost any opportunity to move forward and get past the situation.

Ali

Very good point, Ali,  I'm one that very firmly believes in open communication and, if something's bothering you, then you talk to the person about it, like an adult, before it gets out of control.  It's better all around. 

However, Genesis made an excellent point, as well.  I mean, there are some people, in life, that you just don't or can't confront because you just can't.  They'll wig out.  In that case, it's kind of better to just keep the silence and go along until you see an "out".  If you can get out....   I'm not trying to make judgments upon anyone, here, I'm just sayin' that sometimes there are people in life that you just can't work it out with - you walk on eggshells.     
Ali
Legend

« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2008, 01:53:28 AM »

Ali

Very good point, Ali,  I'm one that very firmly believes in open communication and, if something's bothering you, then you talk to the person about it, like an adult, before it gets out of control.  It's better all around. 

However, Genesis made an excellent point, as well.  I mean, there are some people, in life, that you just don't or can't confront because you just can't.  They'll wig out.  In that case, it's kind of better to just keep the silence and go along until you see an "out".  If you can get out....   I'm not trying to make judgments upon anyone, here, I'm just sayin' that sometimes there are people in life that you just can't work it out with - you walk on eggshells.     

I don't know.  Axl has had his issues with some of the new guys and been able to work it out.  Maybe he would've wigged out, maybe not.  Did Slash really ever try to talk to him about stuff that bothered him like not getting a writing credit for "Estranged" or the going on stage late thing?  As far as the latter, Matt Sorum said no, whenever he tried to confront Axl about going on stage late, Slash and Duff went the other way and ducked the issue.

Even if someone may wig out, it's still in the end better for you to at least say something in a polite and respectful way.  And if it was that bad with Axl, then Slash should've left sooner.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2008, 01:59:13 AM »

I am just saying

If u didnt have the balls to say shit to Axl or Scott's face, U shouldnt once they are no longer with u, bash or talk shit about them from the comfort of your home or in a book.

either have the balls in the moment to confront the guy or shut up.

Thats just my opinion.

U were scared shitless of Axl and u were scared of Scott.

Just move on and forget about it but dont try to act like Mr Toughguy once u no longer have to face those guys in the same vicinity.

How mature is giving someone the cold shoulder? That is elementary school shit.

Worst of all I now believe 100 percent that Slash went to axl's house and said all that shit verbatim.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2008, 02:06:06 AM »

D, these guys (GNR former and current members) are the most frustrating to be fans of on the planet. 

I love AC/DC and never have to worry about all this fucking drama.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2008, 02:14:58 AM »

HAHA

Yeah I use to say that about Bon Jovi, but now Richie Sambora is going to shit. hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2008, 02:28:17 AM »

Ali

I don't know.  Axl has had his issues with some of the new guys and been able to work it out.  Maybe he would've wigged out, maybe not.  Did Slash really ever try to talk to him about stuff that bothered him like not getting a writing credit for "Estranged" or the going on stage late thing?  As far as the latter, Matt Sorum said no, whenever he tried to confront Axl about going on stage late, Slash and Duff went the other way and ducked the issue.

Even if someone may wig out, it's still in the end better for you to at least say something in a polite and respectful way.  And if it was that bad with Axl, then Slash should've left sooner.

Ali
I think Matt was the only fucker (from the way he talks anyway) who had balls enough to try to stand up to Axl, and lost, in the end (fired, while the other 2 quit).  There's been a lot of guys who have come & gone, since then.  Obviously, we don't know any of them, and what really went on, so who really knows.  However, if Axl is truly bipolar, as supposedly, is Scott, then I  can only imagine - kind of makes for some very strong personalities.  You kind of learn to "tip toe" around just to keep something together that you believe in.  

In the end, no matter what, we still have the same 3 guys.  Either they are all fucking assholes who are, all 3, difficult to get along with, or they tend to get involved with lead singers who have some issues.  Don't know what that says about any of them and their personalities.  

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2008, 02:31:24 AM »

and shows many traits of a textbook narcissist.

A narcissist? I would think that condition more readily describes Weiland's actions. Whatever Slash is, I doubt that he is narciccistic.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2008, 02:56:17 AM »

I doubt that, too. 
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2008, 04:35:21 AM »

The other VR members didn't want it to work with Scott.  Period.  They wanted it to work with Axl and it did for almost 11 years, but only well for 8.  They got so sick of them they chose to ignore them.  I too have been guilty of this.  I once ended a partnership with a guy I hated so much I just wanted to finish our last job take the loss, and move on!!!!  And that is what Slash, Matt, Duff, and Dave did for the most part.  They had to finish their shows and they did. 

I agree with D on some points.  The other 4 aren't saints and they made the mistake in getting Weiland in the first place.  I am sure they made plenty of mistakes.  In the end, they are probably better off now and can move on.

It makes me wonder on why you see Scott as a mistake?  Wasn't VR a great rock and roll band?  What made it great?  Its music?  Its members?  So, now that Scott's out - then, it's like, well that dude was a loser anyways...

and shows many traits of a textbook narcissist.

A narcissist? I would think that condition more readily describes Weiland's actions. Whatever Slash is, I doubt that he is narciccistic.

Never!  Because that book of his made me think everything but narcissism.   

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2008, 07:12:21 AM »

this whole VR story is kind of pathetic. I remember back in the days a lot of people had blamed
axl for everything. of course he was difficult to deal with at that time, as every frontman who
has his owns demons to fight and deal with this gigantic success, but you can't picture slash
as an angel anymore, due to the way he acts with his alleged friends. scott is not an amazing
songwriter and singer, but at least i'm sure he tried to do his job at best.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2008, 07:18:33 AM »

the thing i find most funny is that slash praises everyone until he sees he doesn't want to work with them anymore.

he teared a new a.hole on Snakepit 2.0, even keri kelly, scott, Axl, pretty much everyone he's ever worked on in a record...

and then he portraits himself as the nicest dude around and everyone is just faulty.

specially for someone with an history of substance abuse to this day, i find it hard to believe everything he says. specially when he even blames others for their chemical ubuse, because they can't manage as well as he does ...

Chinese Democracy!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: