Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:59:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Spills the Beans on Weiland's departure  (Read 65872 times)
deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2008, 01:49:33 PM »

They should have just agreed that they dont get on - faced each other and made everything clear to each other.... then go on to make a kick ass album.
The best, most creative stuff happens when there is a lot of friction in a band. But instead they acted like children and blanked the singer out, instead of confronting him. Im glad Scott left - its more like a kick in the teeth for the other guys that he left before they sacked him.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2008, 02:48:33 PM »

I am the biggest Slash fan on the board but the way they handled this situation was wrong. U don't ignore a guy and do what they did.

They wonder why there was a problem

Seems to me, Slash,Duff etc dont know how to communicate because they are pussies.

Whether it be Axl or Scott, they would vent to each other but as soon as Axl or Scott walks in they are all smiles and dont say shit.

I love both those guys but both are the most spineless fucking people I've ever seen in my life.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2008, 03:38:08 PM »

Seems to me, Slash,Duff etc dont know how to communicate because they are pussies.

lol what a reasonable reason...  Roll Eyes

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2008, 03:59:47 PM »

you can check the scans here for anyone interested

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=29458.msg680290#msg680290

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2008, 04:33:27 PM »

I am the biggest Slash fan on the board but the way they handled this situation was wrong. U don't ignore a guy and do what they did.

They wonder why there was a problem

Whether it be Axl or Scott, they would vent to each other but as soon as Axl or Scott walks in they are all smiles and dont say shit.

I love both those guys but both are the most spineless fucking people I've ever seen in my life.

That's what I've been saying.  Slash contributed to the situation, or at the very least didn't help the tension with Scott by deliberately giving him the cold shoulder.  But, then it's all about Scott showing up late and not being fully committed to the band, or whatever else.

I wouldn't say they are pussies, but Slash obviously has a problem being honest and open with his singers.  He keeps stuff that bothers him to himself, and he gave many examples of this in the book, and then it festers and builds into resentment and then a rift develops.  That's what happens when you aren't honest with someone about something they are doing that is bothering you.  You aren't able to get past it and it just grows and grows into something bigger than it needs to be if you actually deal with it.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2008, 04:48:33 PM »

It must be all Scott's fault!

How could any blame be put on a guy who lies to people?

They're four people agreeing, so obviously they must be telling the truth! Right?

"The TRUTH Rock On!!!!!!" - Matt Sorum.

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »

They're four people agreeing, so obviously they must be telling the truth! Right?

hihi

/jarmo

You lie to people ...  I guarantee it Smiley  Does that mean we should all hate you?  Course not.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2008, 05:03:51 PM »

You lie to people ...  I guarantee it Smiley  Does that mean we should all hate you?  Course not.

Getting off topic again are we?

Oh no, somebody said something negative about Slash, bring up Axl or make it personal! Quick!  Roll Eyes

Slash isn't cursed. He made decisions that didn't work out. Instead of taking some responsibility, he blames Scott for everything.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2008, 05:11:04 PM »

hihi

/jarmo

It's not about hating someone or not hating them.  It's about not shifting all the blame for a situation not working out onto someone else.  In a complex group dynamic, how likely is it that it would be entirely one person's fault things didn't work out....twice!?

Ali
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2008, 05:20:27 PM »

Getting off topic again are we?

Oh no, somebody said something negative about Slash, bring up Axl or make it personal! Quick!  Roll Eyes

Slash isn't cursed. He made decisions that didn't work out. Instead of taking some responsibility, he blames Scott for everything.

/jarmo

Ok you know what I wasn't going to respond but you take things so far. He took it upon himself to say that Scott was given the cold shoulder but that isn't good enough for you.  So you say Slash is a liar , we all lie. But of course don't make it "personal" right. You make it seem like Slash lies and lies and lies all the time. Seriously you're way to biased , it's on thing to take a persons word with a grain of salt. But anything Slash says is apparently either a lie or him being a sell out.  You people desperately want to make Slash out to be the horrible one , I'm not saying he is the best person in the world.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2008, 05:27:07 PM »

omg here we are again... let me facilitate a bit:

Slash is a liar.
Scott is a douche.
both are to blame.
but Matt is the worse!

easy!  Grin

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2008, 05:35:24 PM »

Slash isnt blaming it all on Scott only. saying you're ignoring someone and not talking to that person, singer in this case, is an open admission for his own imperfection, too.

yeah, now come the replies he doesnt think so and its all about Slash's addiction to look cool in the media, come on  Roll Eyes  its not ONLY like that in this interview.

perfect resolution for Scott: not replying at all this year or longer. Slash should shut up, too. but both wont do it, kinda a "who did more drugs"-race  Grin

Re-Union time, baby!!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »

Slash isnt blaming it all on Scott only. saying you're ignoring someone and not talking to that person, singer in this case, is an open admission for his own imperfection, too.

yeah, now come the replies he doesnt think so and its all about Slash's addiction to look cool in the media, come on  Roll Eyes  its not ONLY like that in this interview.

perfect resolution for Scott: not replying at all this year or longer. Slash should shut up, too. but both wont do it, kinda a "who did more drugs"-race  Grin

Yeah, but in Slash's admission that he and the others gave Weiland the cold shoulder is there any concession that may have exacerbated the tension?

It doesn't sound like it to me.  It sounds like he enjoyed "surprising" Weiland with the news that he already fired from the band.  Yeah, passive aggressive behavior like that always helps ease tension in a situation  hihi

Though, I suppose at that point no one cared because for all intents and purposes Weiland was out of the band.

Ali
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 05:42:00 PM by Ali » Logged
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2008, 05:42:18 PM »

Yeah, but in Slash's admission that he and the others gave Weiland the cold shoulder is there any concession that may have exacerbated the tension?

It doesn't sound like it to me.  It sounds like he enjoyed "surprising" Weiland with the news that he already fired from the band.  Yeah, passive aggressive behavior like that always helps ease tension in a situation  hihi

Ali

nobody spoke to him, i imagine he was quite uncomfortable.
^ Does that not say that he understands that their behavior made scott feel uneasy?
Scott thought he was ahead of the game and going to be a wise man and tell everyone he was out , but Slash and Co. were firing him anyways. So yeah I understand the excitement
Ali
Legend

« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »

Ali

nobody spoke to him, i imagine he was quite uncomfortable.
^ Does that not say that he understands that their behavior made scott feel uneasy?
Scott thought he was ahead of the game and going to be a wise man and tell everyone he was out , but Slash and Co. were firing him anyways. So yeah I understand the excitement

Here's the thing:  Acknowledging you are doing something to make someone uncomfortable is one thing.  Caring about it is another.  Caring about it enough to do something differently for the benefit of the relationship.  That's what I'm saying.

But, like I said, maybe at that point it didn't matter because the writing was on the wall.'

Still, that passive aggressive crap is never helpful.

Ali
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2008, 05:46:37 PM »

a subtle question... how do you fire a band member? you tell him to go? you end his contract?
did slash and the guys have the power to actually fire scott?  Huh

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2008, 05:47:03 PM »

It's about not shifting all the blame for a situation not working out onto someone else.

Ali

Not taking sides (because I don't believe much that comes outta Slash's mouth and he should just learn to shut the hell up sometimes) but playing Devils advocate.

Has either of the singers Slash's worked with ever taken any responsibility for anything detrimental either?  Has either one of them
ever stepped up and taken blame for anything negative
that's happened with either their former band(s) or incarnations of?

I seem to remember a few ill advised, finger pointing press releases.

Point being:

I can't remember anyone involved ever handling bandmates leaving/being fired etc in a professional manner..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2008, 05:51:53 PM »

It's about not shifting all the blame for a situation not working out onto someone else.

Ali

Not taking sides (because I don't believe much that comes outta Slash's mouth and he should just learn to shut the hell up sometimes) but playing Devils advocate.

Has either of the singers Slash's worked with ever taken any responsibility for anything detrimental either?  Has either one of them

Point being:

I can't remember anyone involved ever handling bandmates leaving/being fired etc in a professional manner..

You bring up very good points. I'd like to hear answers to them. Because as far as I know neither of them have stepped up and acknowledged their part in anything.

But yeah I mean at that point Ali it didn't matter so I don't see why he should care.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2008, 05:53:24 PM »

He took it upon himself to say that Scott was given the cold shoulder but that isn't good enough for you.

Don't you think there's a reason for why things got that far?

You can't fucking expect all of us to buy the "Scott's a junkie" excuse when we know how Slash acts.

So you say Slash is a liar , we all lie. But of course don't make it "personal" right. You make it seem like Slash lies and lies and lies all the time.

Oh, so now we all lie.  Roll Eyes

Like Ali pointed out, if you lie to people and you're not honest with them, don't act surprised if you start having issues!

Do I think Scott has issues, yes.
Do I think Scott is innocent, no.
Do I think Slash is innocent, no.

Slash knew what Scott's reputation was. He saw it pretty early on in VR, but he didn't seem to mind when the album was selling.

The same guy who apparently was supporting Scott in February is now saying they were thinking about replacing him for the UK leg.

If Scott was feeling insecure about the GN'R connection, that's understandable for a guy who's not exactly an original. So what did Slash do? He kept talking about GN'R in almost every interview he did.

Then you have Slash lying to his band mates about where he went early one morning. That really must've made Scott trust Slash!

Add jealousy and egos to the mix and you got one hell of a soap opera.

All this shit does is to prove that these guys aren't just innocent bystanders.

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2008, 05:54:09 PM »

Ali

Has either of the singers Slash's worked with ever taken any responsibility for anything detrimental either?  Has either one of them

Point being:

That's a fair point, but with regards to singer #1 (let's call him that), I have a better question:

How much have you heard him say in the last decade and a half, at all?  Smiley

At least regards to his professional relationship with Slash.  Though I do remember in Rollingstone he said it was like a "divorce".  And with another skilled  lead guitarist who left the band, he said that he "may have done (band X) a disservice and unintentionally allowed (band X) to be put in this position."

That's all I remember.  Is it close to what you were describing as accepting responsibility?  Depends on your perspective.

With Mr. Weiland, there is still time for him to chime in and accept some blame.  Maybe he will

Ali
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 05:55:41 PM by Ali » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: